First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2DR Black Diamond ordered 3/7/22
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I currently have a 2DR Bronco Black Diamond, manual, area 51 on order that was placed 3/7/22. Recently I found a silver black diamond at a local dealer but it was marked up 15k. It seems more recently they are dropping the price down to MSRP.

My question is: do I keep my reservation or buy Local?? This is assuming I can pick the local bronco up for MSRP.

From my research on this forum, my bronco might not go into production for 1 year + which I'm not sure is worth the wait.

Any advice is appreciated!
Paul
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Buy the one on the lot as low as possible and keep your actual res/order. That’s my plan as well.

Last edited:

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd be concerned that they might decide to go back to charging ADM. If they did once, the are likely to again.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I currently have a 2DR Bronco Black Diamond, manual, area 51 on order that was placed 3/7/22. Recently I found a silver black diamond at a local dealer but it was marked up 15k. It seems more recently they are dropping the price down to MSRP.

My question is: do I keep my reservation or buy Local?? This is assuming I can pick it up for dang close to MSRP.

From my research on this forum, my bronco might not go into production for 1 year + which I'm not sure is worth the wait.

Any advice is appreciated!
Paul
Hi Paul,

I have a day three reservation for a WildTrak. Converted to a 2021 order in October and then 2022. In April my dealer called me and said he had a Carbon Gray BadLands loaded and would I be interested. Since I had not hear jack shit from Ford on my reservation/order I decided to jump on the Badlands. I am loving it. I did not cancel my reservation and I was notified that the WildTrak had been scheduled about two weeks after I pulled the trigger on the Badlands. Got a shipping notice about a month ago and the WildTrak was supposed to be at the dealer the middle of last month. This week they sent me an Email stating the Wildtrak shipment has been delayed and will be at the dealer by the end of August. I heard through the grape vine that they errantly shipped it to Washington state. So bottom line if you like the Black BD and it is equivalent to what you ordered I say jump on it but don't cancel your reservation, just in case!

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BTW - I grew up in NJ. Last lived in Jackson before moving to California for work.

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd say if the silver BD is close to what you want and you are happy with it and can get it close to MSRP go for it. My odyssey was something similar. I ordered a BL last year, after I ordered it a OBX became available at my dealer which I was able get at MSRP, not exactly what I wanted but I've really been enjoying it. Still no word on my order which I'm sure will be pushed to '23. Don't know about the future but right now you can't help but making money flipping a Bronco.

OP
OP
Ace_0611

Ace_0611

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd be concerned that they might decide to go back to charging ADM. If they did once, the are likely to again.

From my understanding, they are not able to charge above market value if the bronco is ordered from the factory under my name. If they order one for themselves than they are able to receive, mark up and sell at any price. I also heard that Ford is cracking down hard on ABV sales.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If its worth paying 15k over MSRP to you then buy it if you can wait what might be a another for the Bronco you order then wait but I know I would not pay 15k over MSRP I am not that hard up to get one.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ll say close to what the others said if you can get it for msrp or darn close and it’s close to your order grab it. If you have to pay $15k over then pass and change your order to a badlands. At least you’ll get something for the extra cost.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But the one on the lot as low as possible and keep your actual res/order. That’s my plan as well.
No, do not do this. It’s people like you that are making this bullshit situation even worse. Quit ordering multiple Broncos and buying Broncos you don’t want, “until what I really want is built.”

Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
From my understanding, they are not able to charge above market value if the bronco is ordered from the factory under my name. If they order one for themselves than they are able to receive, mark up and sell at any price. I also heard that Ford is cracking down hard on ABV sales.
Lol someone forgot to tell the dealers that than.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After the '23 bank opens and COVP goes into effect for all bronco orders, dealers are going to have to be very careful about holding onto orders they know are "abandoned" even if no VIN has been assigned. it will be a numbers game they may not be willing to play even for ADM since the penalty is loss of allocation.

We had one abandon and offered it to someone else who had a old reservation. Once she took delivery we cancelled her order. IMO, that's the only fair way to do it for people still waiting to get their order pulled.

The other issue from what I've seen in my own order group is 2D, for whatever reason, is a problem for Ford to build. If you're set on a 2D and decide to buy one sitting on a lot, do the right thing and cancel your other reservation. It's as easy as telling then to cancel and not giving them a copy of your driver's license or signing a buyers order. They have to upload these docs for COVP and if they don't have them, the order should eventually self cancel if they don't do it by request.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes buy local produce. Keep your reservation and $15,000. You will be healthier physically with the produce and healthier financially not spending the $15,000.

May I get a love response please?

OP
OP
Ace_0611

Ace_0611

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes buy local produce. Keep your reservation and $15,000. You will be healthier physically with the produce and healthier financially not spending the $15,000.

May I get a love response please?
Sniffhound - the local bronco sticker is 39k and they want a market adjustment of another 15k. I've been negotiating them down to MSRP. My factory ordered Bronco has a few more options and the price was ~41K. I shouldn't have to pay more if/when it arrives but that could change.

I would only consider the local bronco if I pay MSRP. I don't see the worth in paying over MSRP.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
As nice as the Bronco is I would not pay 15K mark up. My absolute limit was 3K and that is bad enough. I have never paid ADM in my short life of buying vehicles for 45 plus years. My Bronco was the very first- the dealer tacked on an extra $2500- which they claimed they charge on any new vehicle- which includes window tint, etc., etc. which really ended up being just window tint, LOL
Sponsored