Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove to my local dealer on Thursday to check out Area 51 in the sun, and they added a Cactus Gray Bronco Sport to their lot! It's a really unique color and looked very gray with a slight blue tint at first glance, and then purely gray in some light, and then when I got a bit closer it lit up minty green to me. I really think this color has a lot to do with how you perceive color and that's why everyone seems to say something different about it.

My pictures show very little green and it was too bright out for me to get my phones camera dialed in perfectly because I couldn't see the screen (a lot of glare). Like I said, I think a lot of it has to do with how I perceive color, but if it helps any of you out, my dad came with me and he saw mint green in the same angles and lighting that I did.

I also have a couple pictures with Area 51 in them so you can compare.

View attachment 75294

View attachment 75295

View attachment 75296

View attachment 75297

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Bronco Sport in Full Sun 41AE6E0C-B472-40B0-86CA-F2053DB3EA07_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Bronco Sport in Full Sun 3BC1FB60-9C59-469D-A564-C57A2620951B_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Bronco Sport in Full Sun A71D9473-2E96-449C-9B83-0525937885C4_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Bronco Sport in Full Sun C6AA51CF-49F9-4652-A9A9-1AF483A44736_1_105_c
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was 100% CG originally, then everyone was pointing out how it wasnt the same as it was on the preproduction models, so I was leaning Race Red....went to look at colors yesterday and now Race Red is out and Cactus and VB are in!
The dealer I was at had a $2500 Market Adjustment on all the Sports, except the OB model which had a $5000 markup. I called them scum of the earth on their fb page, wonder if they deleted that yet?!

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the great photos. I really like the perspective offered in the multi-vehicle line-up shot. If I weren't waiting on the hog, I would go Cactus Gray! It would look super sweet too after taking the hard top down to my body/paint guy and have it sprayed white!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One thing I'll say about cactus gray after seeing it in person is I dont think it photographs well. One of those colors you need to see in person.
Going to see CG, A51, and AMB as soon as I finish my coffee. Three that absolutely need to be seen in person. I've seen enough photos.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Going to see CG, A51, and AMB as soon as I finish my coffee. Three that absolutely need to be seen in person. I've seen enough photos.
Only one I haven't seen in person yet is A51.

AMB is much darker than I anticipated but sure pops in the sun

CG to me has less green in person, it shows up in photos but I only noticed the slightest hint of it when I saw it in person. Much more grey to it

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Only one I haven't seen in person yet is A51.

AMB is much darker than I anticipated but sure pops in the sun

CG to me has less green in person, it shows up in photos but I only noticed the slightest hint of it when I saw it in person. Much more grey to it
It's sort of overcast right now but the sun is trying to come out. Hoping I get all the light conditions.

It's like trying to get the perfect picture with the perfect lighting. :ROFLMAO:

Better be worth the 280km of driving. At least I can get to the good liquor stores in the city if nothing else!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's sort of overcast right now but the sun is trying to come out. Hoping I get all the light conditions.

It's like trying to get the perfect picture with the perfect lighting. :ROFLMAO:

Better be worth the 280km of driving. At least I can get to the good liquor stores in the city if nothing else!
Same thing happened when I went to see AMB, by the time I got there the sunlight was pretty much gone so had to go back the next day lol

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I just saw a Cactus Gray sport on the road about 5 minutes ago and it looked awesome! I wasn’t blown away when I saw it in person in full sun, but it’s one of those days in Michigan today where the sky and snow are the same color and I felt it really pulled out whatever blueish green tones the paint has in it. Super cool color!

It’s actually more important to me how the color looks on days like this because I feel like we have nasty cloudy days more than sunny ones here in Michigan.

I would say after this quick drive by, the color is a lot like a light version of Toyota’s Lunar Rock.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I drove to my local dealer on Thursday to check out Area 51 in the sun, and they added a Cactus Gray Bronco Sport to their lot! It's a really unique color and looked very gray with a slight blue tint at first glance, and then purely gray in some light, and then when I got a bit closer it lit up minty green to me. I really think this color has a lot to do with how you perceive color and that's why everyone seems to say something different about it.
Wow, this might be the most frank review of CG that I've read. Then I realized the 'r' was overlooked. I really need to get my eyes checked.

One thing I'll say about cactus gray after seeing it in person is I dont think it photographs well. One of those colors you need to see in person.
We really need to decide on what is the proper use and spelling of Gray/Grey. It is more confusing when it is spelled differently by the same person.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow, this might be the most frank review of CG that I've read. Then I realized the 'r' was overlooked. I really need to get my eyes checked.

We really need to decide on what is the proper use and spelling of Gray/Grey. It is more confusing when it is spelled differently by the same person.

Hahaha you caught me there. Ford spells it as Cactus Gray so thats the way I try to spell it lol.

But I had a mustang that was Dark Shadow Grey and Ford spelled it with an E so I kind of started always spelling Grey with an E after that lol

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hahaha you caught me there. Ford spells it as Cactus Gray so thats the way I try to spell it lol.

But I had a mustang that was Dark Shadow Grey and Ford spelled it with an E so I kind of started always spelling Grey with an E after that lol
To be honest with you, I'm aware of the American Gray/British Grey debate. But I always spelled it as grey. I have to make a conscious effort to spell it gray here. Of course with certain fonts and bad eyes, there is always the hazard of misreading what is typed.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Finally made it. CG is amazing! It was parked behind the big Ford sign at the dealer so it was in the shade, but also had full sunlight. Looks great in both and is better than I thought. Darker than I thought, greener than I thought, greyer than I thought. Truly hard to describe or photograph. I settled on CG from the street before I even pulled onto the dealer lot.

Area 51 looks good too. Colour wasnt a surprise. I had already figured I had a good idea about it.

Luckliy the Antimatter Blue F150 was right beside the CG Sport. I wouldn't have found it in a parking lot full of snow-covered vehicles. In full sun you could hardly tell it was anything but black.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just found this on an old thread by accident. This picture is awesome! Gonna make it my screensaver. (y)

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Bronco Sport in Full Sun 4 Door 2021 Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Fishing Guide

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can that even be done, where you have the little folding soft top section in front while the rest of the hard top sits on back? That would be sweet!
Sponsored