First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone else experiencing this issue after the latest OTA? It seems after the first time, sometimes multiple times, the cameras are used after a startup, the cameras glitch and an annoying sound occurs disrupting the current audio. The cameras glitch/pause for up to 3 seconds, and I could definitely see it being a safety issue when utilizing the cameras while in reverse (yes I know cameras should not be relied on, but if itā€™s there, itā€™ll be used)

Just curious if anyone is seeing this too!

Additional background, both my phone (Galaxy S20 FE) and Bronco (2022 Badlands) had an update on Tuesday, although I do believe the issue does not have to do with my phone being connected

Sponsored

novaiceblade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Bronco Owner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just got this update yesterday and this started happening immediately. Hope we get a bug fix soon!

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine isn't doing it in association with the backup camera, but I'm getting that same glitchy sound just periodically listening to music. It never did it before the update. Are we able to uninstall and then reinstall the update?

BtlBrnBrnc

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in the same boat. My phone calls will go mute and audio will get a glitchy sound. Seems like itā€™s more frequent with camera coming on/off or changing speeds.

I took off the speed/audio compensator (which I donā€™t think even works) and reconnected my phone. Also tried restarting the screen with the power/seek reset trick. No help with either of those. Tonight I unplugged the battery for 1 min to see if I can restart the system. Following this thread, let me know if you guys figure out the fix

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Xira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2022 Silverado LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I noticed my music was making a glitchy noise the past weekend.
I played your video clip to my wife and she said "yeah mine's been doing that when i put it in reverse".

Hopefully the next update resolves it

Sponsored

sstephens

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang, Freestyle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed my music was making a glitchy noise the past weekend.
I played your video clip to my wife and she said "yeah mine's been doing that when i put it in reverse".

Hopefully the next update resolves it
I am getting the same issue, weird interference (glitch)through the stereo, I have noticed it going into reverse, but a couple other times just driving g down the road.

It is also taking longer to connect when you first start it up, got a message that it was searching for internet service. Which is odd because I any listen to Sirius.

Something is not right

CordellMusic

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Coupe EXL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm getting the same issue. Has anybody found a solution?

OP
OP
Will2497

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nearly a year later and I still have the same issue. Ford reached out to me and opened a case regarding it. They had me let the dealership know about it the next time I took it in for service, but of course they said "could not replicate" the issue. It's very inconsistent too. Some days it will do it every time the cameras are initiated, some days not at all.
I do have a feeling the issue revolves around the Android Auto connection. I don't seem to have an issue with it when running Apple Carplay from my work iPhone or GF's iPhone.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes I just posted about this! Ours just started this Friday 5/31. I just picked up a jbl ford accessory sound bar for cheap. The wife has already yelled at me thinking I did something wrong. Dealer FDRS flashed and all. While this sucks itā€™s a relief Iā€™m not the only one. She also uses a Samsung phone.

ThickAsOats

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m almost positive this is a bug with the Pitch and Roll screen. I never had this issue until I went offroading and used this feature. I searched all around for others experiencing the same thing, and in every video Iā€™ve seen, the same Pitch and Roll screen was set. When I switched out of it, the audio issues stopped happening entirely. Iā€™m pretty sure that those that are getting a fix by the dealer or are magically having it go away are actually having it resolved by just not using the pitch and roll feature anymore. For anyone still experiencing this, I recommend switching out of it to something like fuel consumption or music. I donā€™t think this has actually been resolved by an update.
Sponsored