Sponsored

Latest OTA Update Messed Up Everything How Can I Reset It?

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The latest OTA update for my infotainment system screwed up everything. I have completely removed and reinstalled my phone to the system. I have cleared the cache and all data on my phone for the Bluetooth settings and Android Auto and basically started over pairing them.

If I make a phone call, the Bluetooth either doesn't work at all or it will disconnect on its own and then reconnect a minute later.

I get constant electrical buzzing sounds coming from my speaker system whenever I'm listening to something, especially if I put the vehicle in reverse and the backup camera comes up or if I get close to a car in front of me and the warning comes up.

Sometimes Android Auto won't connect at all and I have to reboot my phone and reboot the infotainment system.

How can I fix this? Is there a way to uninstall the update and then let it reinstall again? Is this a corrupted install or is the updated itself garbage? Honestly at this point it's basically unusable and I'm getting pretty pissed off.

I love this truck but there are so many small annoying problems that just keep popping up. I don't understand it. It's not like the Bronco is the only Ford vehicle with an infotainment system. This shouldn't be happening.
Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Disconnect negative battery terminal for 10 minutes, reconnect. If that doesn’t work, it’s back to the dealer.

OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that just a generic suggestion that you seen for other issues or have people actually use this for this problem? I've never heard of that.

MikeOU

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get constant electrical buzzing sounds coming from my speaker system whenever I'm listening to something, especially if I put the vehicle in reverse and the backup camera comes up or if I get close to a car in front of me and the warning comes up.
This was definitely caused by the latest update to 4.2.3. I started getting the buzz/interference with music playing and then having the camera (front or rear) come up on the screen.

Hopefully enough people note it to cause an update to fix it soon. It does not stop usage but is an annoyance that was not there before 4.2.3.

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bummer, this last update made all my stuff work much faster and smoother! It's Apple Carplay has never connected so fast and reliably. Sucks that is helps some and hurts others. Hope you get it taken care of. ✌

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that just a generic suggestion that you seen for other issues or have people actually use this for this problem? I've never heard of that.
DM me your VIN, I'll take a look at your VHR and see if there's anything obvious.

BUCKTOWN

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE Ford Bronco, Porsche Macan Turbo
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Connect your vehicle to your home WiFi when parked at home and have your updates install overnight when not in use.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s a generic suggestion that I’ve seen work, if that doesn’t fix it, make sure it’s connected to wifi (like the above post) and hope they put out another update that fixes it. There’s nothing else you can do besides get updates or take it to dealer, except for sometimes resetting it can sometimes clear things up, especially if others aren’t having the same problem with the same update.

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I HAVE THE FIX (I hope)- I got exactly the same thing. I went into settings in the infotainment and reset both my FordPass account AND factory defaulted it.

After both were complete, I had to re-activate my Bronco on Ford Pass and set everything back up to my liking, but it fixed the problems.

Someone else on here on another thread did the same after me and they said it fixed it too.

imstimpy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since the update I also have the electrical interference/buzzing. I have also correlated it to going into reverse and a couple other actions that I can’t pinpoint. It is also fair to point out that I think my CarPlay connection might be a little more reliable.

Sponsored

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I start my bronco now the bronco image stays on the screen way too long. Then it goes black for a minute before it finally boots up.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just wait a couple of days and they will have another update to push out...I swear they are worse than my smart phone.

imstimpy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I HAVE THE FIX (I hope)- I got exactly the same thing. I went into settings in the infotainment and reset both my FordPass account AND factory defaulted it.

After both were complete, I had to re-activate my Bronco on Ford Pass and set everything back up to my liking, but it fixed the problems.

Someone else on here on another thread did the same after me and they said it fixed it too.
This.

Seems to have worked for me. I did the factory defaults, which unlinked my phone, my FordPass account, etc. FordPass re-activation is easy via the app.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe The AI has rewritten the updates to create a mesh network of all the cars to send a message to the aliens waiting just past Alpha Centauri. There's nothing you can do, bwahahaha! 👁 :alien: 🖖

Just sayin'. Happy Halloween!

Disconnecting the battery will purge anything in memory that requires constant voltage. This would be the equivalent of restarting your computer.

Tswag

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Similar problem happened to me immediately after updating to 4.2.4. Whenever a camera comes on, audio buzzes and camera freezes/glitches for a few seconds. Also have intermittent audio buzzing with other actions/inputs like with wipers turning on or coming to a complete stop.

What is lost when doing a factory reset of infotainment? I don't recall how many settings that will require reconfiguring.
Sponsored