Sponsored

Can FORScan make high beams control fog lights?

Alfie623

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve already set fog lights to “enabled” with high beams through FORScan but the fogs won’t come on if fog lights aren’t already on. Does anyone know of a way to have the fog lights function with the high beams?

I’ve bought a kit for my Silverado that does this with a diode but I was hoping there was a FORScan setting that I wasn’t aware of that could make this function.
Sponsored

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fog lights enabled with high beams (Bambi mode) means that if the fog lights are already on they will stay on. It’s a regulatory thing for them to shut off if you switch to high beams normally. I don’t know of a way to have them come on just by switching to high beams.

Side note the new Ranger and Everest have matrix headlights and god I hope the Bronco refresh gets them. They’re truly amazing

OP
OP
Alfie623

Alfie623

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gotcha. Thank you.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On my 2017 superduty there was a way to remember fog light status so if you have them on they would come on again when you start the car. Since I don’t have fog lights (mod bumper) I haven’t looked to see if the setting is there on the bronco.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On my 2017 superduty there was a way to remember fog light status so if you have them on they would come on again when you start the car. Since I don’t have fog lights (mod bumper) I haven’t looked to see if the setting is there on the bronco.
Yes there is a fog memory, so long as you don’t manually turn the dial to off they will remain on (when the setting calls for it) if they were on the previous time you drove the vehicle.
Sponsored