First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can someone explain the GVWR for Badlands models?

This is something I didn’t notice until 22 B&P went live and some optional accessories were unavailable for the Badlands with forum members citing it would exceed that trim’s GVWR. If I can’t get something relatively light from the accessory catalog without Ford telling me I am exceeding the Badlands GVWR, should I be worried about loading it for luggage and people for road trips without exceeding the weight of the vehicle? It seems silly to me that as is the vehicle is overloaded without putting people in it but I’m sure I’m missing something.
Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This is something I didn’t notice until 22 B&P went live and some optional accessories were unavailable for the Badlands with forum members citing it would exceed that trim’s GVWR. If I can’t get something relatively light from the accessory catalog without Ford telling me I am exceeding the Badlands GVWR, should I be worried about loading it for luggage and people for road trips without exceeding the weight of the vehicle? It seems silly to me that as is the vehicle is overloaded without putting people in it but I’m sure I’m missing something.
Check this out. It is from Curt.
https://www.curtmfg.com/towing-capacity. It goes into detail on GVWR and more!

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

The GVWR and accessory limitations have everything to do with CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) ratings. The vehicle is "capable" of exceeding the GVWR and I wouldn't be worried about adding those accessories. Ford won't offer some of them as "factory installed" because then the vehicle won't meet the CAFE standards.

OP
OP

Wild51

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The GVWR and accessory limitations have everything to do with CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) ratings. The vehicle is "capable" of exceeding the GVWR and I wouldn't be worried about adding those accessories. Ford won't offer some of them as "factory installed" because then the vehicle won't meet the CAFE standards.
So I shouldn’t be worried about road tripping a Squatched 4door Badlands? The conflict never crossed my mind last year when half these add ons weren’t available.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Gross vehicle weight rating.
The maximum amount of weight that the complete vehicle can handle. Including passengers and fluids.
Also includes tongue weight for a trailer.
Sponsored