Sponsored

Can Someone Explain Big Bend? (Not trolling)

Luv9rove

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Probably right on what you said. I saw a Big Bend today. Certainly not specific to Big Bend, but I just loved the open view to the sky:

01555C2B-C055-4C0F-932A-2D5473849596.jpeg

8376BCB5-5396-4EF9-B8DF-1CE6F29FA391.jpeg
That is one great looking ride!
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably right on what you said. I saw a Big Bend today. Certainly not specific to Big Bend, but I just loved the open view to the sky:

I think that's the same one I saw. I don't know what it is about pictures of the Big Bend that make the tires look small but in person it looks great.

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really am not looking to troll anyone or disparage anybodyā€™s choices, Iā€™m just wondering if Iā€™m completely missing something.

It seems to me that for 4400 bucks above the base, what youā€™re really buying is the right to buy more stuff that you canā€™t get on the base, like a locker, like the mid package. I see there are a couple of actual things that you get: leather wrapped steering wheel, fog lights, privacy glass, slightly larger tires and rims. Also a different grill.

But those items certainly donā€™t equal 4400 bucks, so Iā€™m wondering if the price is simply a fee you have to pay to enable access to more features that you also have to pay for. Did I miss something?

Again, Iā€™m not trolling and Iā€™m not trying to start any crap, Iā€™m genuinely interested in understanding this a little bit better. Is the base model really a loss leader for them? Is this the real true pricing of what this truck should cost?
As someone who ordered the BB, I like some of the features better on BB than some of the higher trims like BD and OBX.

I prefer the signature headlights (not available on BD), BB has a better grill than BD and I donā€™t like the body color fender flares of OBX, altho I did opt for Sasquatch so that doesnā€™t matter. Iā€™m fine with the mid pkg and just about everything else that I want right now, I can get on BB and not be forced to pay a premium for the higher trims. The larger screen would be nice (altho many folks here like the 8in screen, 8in is nothing to scoff at šŸ˜‰, and 8in screen is still an upgrade from my current vehicles), and leather seats would be great as well, but the cloth seats will do just fine.

With how I optioned my BB, itā€™s equal to a wildtrak minus the Baja goat mode (donā€™t need anyways) and it still came out cheaper. Plus BB has a higher residual value as a bonus from the residuals Ford released.

One could ask the question, why are so many people ordering the BL when they are never going to rock crawl or use the sway bar disconnect, just so they can say they have the Rubicon equivalent? It does sound nice but I donā€™t need every single piece of crap tech on my vehicle, more things to break anyways. But Iā€™m sure Ford is loving all the higher trim orders, if they can ever get them built

Biggest take away....every bronco looks much better with Sasquatch šŸ‘£

Last edited:

NathanML

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Corvette / Royal Enfield Continental GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I went to see that one myself, and let me tell you, that blue was STUNNING in person! The website does it no justice at all!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ordered a Base 4dr and changed to a Big Bend.
Why?

1) I like the wheels and grill.
2) Speedo calibrated for 32" tires
3) Factory tint
4) Cheap 4.27/locker upgrade (that will cost you $2k aftermarket on the base)
5) Fog lights
6) Cactus Gray
7) It's not a Base

Every trim up offers more value per dollar in upgrades. Eventually you have to decide where to stop.

The BB gave me some extras and something that was pretty well equiped stock, and still under $40k.

But honestly, if the Base had the $795 rear locker/4.27 option I'd probably have stayed with it.
,,,,Exactly....(well A51, 2 dr but same idea)
Sponsored