First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Off road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was curious if anyone with a Capable Front Bumper has any measurements of tapped holes that could be used for mounting a front plate? I know there are a couple of solutions out there but I'm potentially picking up my truck in a few days and I'm trying to come up with something temporary so I don't have to have the dealership mount it in the awful front location they have been using.

I've searched through a few threads but I couldn't find any dimensional information or available mounting locations for the capable bumper.
Sponsored

whmoorejr

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't want anything bolted to my bumper.... so I used two 100lb magnets bolted to the top holes of the license plate and a couple zip ties to make sure it didn't slide around. I used a 2" round sticker pad thing (no idea where that came from, but it was in my garage and the right size) on the back of the magnet to make sure it wouldn't scratch anything.

The magnets I used have a hole in the middle. I used a small bolt/nut/washer to secure the plate to that. Been that way for about 3,000 miles without issue. The other bonus, it puts the plate flush against the bumper at the bumper angle (so angled down, won't snag on stuff).
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Front Plate Mounting IMG_E8002.JPG
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Front Plate Mounting IMG_8003.JPG

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076GWZK99/