Sponsored

Capable Bumper gets RC High Winch Mount & Safari Bar w/Light Kits - No Hiding Required

Ol' Red

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wrapped up the install of RC's High Winch Mount with PRO12000S Winch & Light Bar w/Black Series White DRL. Also used the Parking Sensor and Front Cam Relocation Kits as well as dropped on a Safari Bar w/3-inch Osram Wide Angle Series lights on top(Quad) on my 23' Badlands Sas with factory "Capable" bumper.

Other than relocating the Winch Control to the Drivers side of the Winch Mount and Slight mod to the lower mounting tabs on the Safari Bar with a bit of drilling and all fit up incredibly well. Still have great airflow, ACC sensor is not impeded by the winch mount and all parking assist sensors and front cam work without issue.

Total time to make the mods to the "Capable" bumper and Safari Bar was approx. 2hr. Mounting the Winch and Winch mount took about another 2hr. Wiring everything back to the Upfitter switches and powering the Winch took another 6hr.

Don't let anybody tell you "it" can't be done because you don't have the right bumper.....
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper gets RC High Winch Mount & Safari Bar w/Light Kits - No Hiding Required image5
Sponsored

Mean Green

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco 2dr Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got the parts all lined up to do a Buckle up mount w/sensors, Badlands 12k winch and frame stiffeners on a capable bumper. Thanks for reassuring me… 😉

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve got the parts all lined up to do a Buckle up mount w/sensors, Badlands 12k winch and frame stiffeners on a capable bumper. Thanks for reassuring me… 😉
Mine came with the plastic bumper and I swapped it with a capable bumper, frame horn braces and JCR winch mount. No issues at all. Already having the capable bumper installed should make it even easier.

Mean Green

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would love to do an extra set of yellow fog light as well, but PA light laws are tough… height and distance apart as well as cover laws… but I thing they would look great!

Sponsored

Shlep

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Bronco, 99 Expedition, 06 F350SD, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine also came with the plastic bumper and I've been looking at swapping it out for the capable bumper as well. I ran across the RC mount and thought that I could make it work, now seeing yours, I'll be gathering the parts.

Thanks for the info.

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Didn’t do the bull bar but used the same mount on my black diamond with the capable bumper. Install is even easier when you don’t have sensors to deal with lol
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper gets RC High Winch Mount & Safari Bar w/Light Kits - No Hiding Required IMG_4085

Last edited:

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wrapped up the install of RC's High Winch Mount with PRO12000S Winch & Light Bar w/Black Series White DRL. Also used the Parking Sensor and Front Cam Relocation Kits as well as dropped on a Safari Bar w/3-inch Osram Wide Angle Series lights on top(Quad) on my 23' Badlands Sas with factory "Capable" bumper.

Do you have a part number or link for the Safari Bar?

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which frame stiffeners did you use?

Mean Green

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine also came with the plastic bumper and I've been looking at swapping it out for the capable bumper as well. I ran across the RC mount and thought that I could make it work, now seeing yours, I'll be gathering the parts.

Thanks for the info.
It's actually a fairly easy swap. Just don't forget the intercooler brackets (or cut tow loops off) and different front bash plate.

20230902_203239.jpg

20230812_102947.jpg

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the same thing back in ‘22 but I will warn you that if you actually intend to use that winch, you should get some frame horn supports to put behind the bumper to tie the mount bolts to and make sure you compensate for uneven surface on the capable bumper where those mounting bolts go through. The first hard pull I did with mine twisted the bumper, winch mount, and frame horns.
I’ve since switched to a HD Mod bumper and added the frame horn supports from LOD and haven’t had any other problems but haven’t had a really hard pull since then either. RC was good about replacing the winch mount when it twisted though.

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did the LOD brackets but only did one bolt through the frame in existing hole. Also cut the tow link portions (for flat towing) off the brackets.

TLO

Heritage
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Other than relocating the Winch Control to the Drivers side of the Winch Mount and Slight mod to the lower mounting tabs on the Safari Bar with a bit of drilling and all fit up incredibly well. Still have great airflow, ACC sensor is not impeded by the winch mount and all parking assist sensors and front cam work without issue.

Total time to make the mods to the "Capable" bumper and Safari Bar was approx. 2hr. Mounting the Winch and Winch mount took about another 2hr. Wiring everything back to the Upfitter switches and powering the Winch took another 6hr.

Don't let anybody tell you "it" can't be done because you don't have the right bumper.....
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper gets RC High Winch Mount & Safari Bar w/Light Kits - No Hiding Required 20230812_102947
how is that safari bar mounted??

OP
OP
Ol' Red

Ol' Red

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow the lens used on that photo .. makes for a very distinctive picture.

I think that's a nice setup, but I'll be honest the photo is kinda warping my mind.

Ford Bronco Capable Bumper gets RC High Winch Mount & Safari Bar w/Light Kits - No Hiding Required 20230812_102947
Sponsored