Cargo Cover plates - Dual Top Option

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend, 1942 Ford GPW (jeep)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've had my 23 Big Bend for a little over a week. It came with the dual top option. The hard top was installed and the soft top was on a pallet stuffed into the back. The dealer took it out the day I bought and stored it for me until I could pick it up on Tuesday (there were three of us and only 2 seats available in the 4 door with the second top stowed.

I bought a top lift to facilitate removing the hard top by myself. Comes off easy enough. With the help of a friend we lifted the soft top into position. Installed the c pillar plates. Found that the center roll bar locking brackets were already installed but required adjustment so that the top could lock. Locked the top at the center and the front. Installed the windows which for a first timer on a bronco was not fun. I would hate to be in a hurry to get the rear and sides on. LOL.

The issue is that there cargo panel cover plates from the hard top do not seem to fit the soft top. I expected this so I expected there would be new plates just for the soft top.

Question: Do you have the dual top option, what came with it? I think I'm missing the two plates but there were no instructions with the top. The online stuff is a joke. There is nothing that directly goes from hard top to soft top install. One video does mention the c pillar plates but nothing about the panel covers and any difference.

I even looked at the ford parts listings for the dual top and it appeared to me that there is only one plate. If you look at a stand lone soft top bronco the cover panel plate has a cutout and the hard top does not.

Driver's side and passenger side pictures included with the soft top installed and the panel covers not able to fully installed.

PXL_20230328_122216091.jpg

PXL_20230328_122206732.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
BobN - USAF

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, it appears that the dual top option does not include the necessary plates to finish the install. This is according to the Ford chat person. Seems deceptive to me. Oh you wanted tires with that vehicle? Appears that Ford scores another $120 to add the correct parts.

My dealer ordered what he thinks are the correct parts, I guess I will see what he gets, if they are not back ordered. LOL

OP
OP
BobN - USAF

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dealer says the parts I need have come in and are at no cost to me. $60 a piece for a left and right cover panel are needed. Driving up to Thomasville GA from Tallahassee to pick them up. Its only about a 45 minute drive and for the most part it is a pleasant drive. Driving through Thomasville is nice as well, reminds me of an old country town, even with cobble stone streets. Of course, if the parts don't fit with my dual soft top, I am going to be a might peeved. Hoping for the best!

OP
OP
BobN - USAF

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, lo and behold, the dealer had ordered the correct parts. They ordered the parts for a soft top because the dual doesn't show a different set of plates! They told me that they "ate the cost" which while I didn't laugh, I sure thought was funny. I'm sure they made a pretty penny off of me and my trade. So now I can ride around with the correct parts installed and with the correct parts on hand for when I move back to the hard top.

LakeLife

Black Diamond
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Gt350/1970 Bronco/ 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the dual top option also.
I have not installed the soft top yet, my question is can you install the soft top without the plates or are the plates required to make the soft top functional, or is it just for esthetics?
Tnanks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BobN - USAF

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

These are not needed to install the soft top. These are to give the cargo area a finished look. Just like when the hard top is installed. Now I have both. I didn't get the part numbers because I handed the empty bags back to the service guy after I opened them to install them (to confirm these were the right parts).

LakeLife

Black Diamond
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Gt350/1970 Bronco/ 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the info

Itsabuckingbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2016 ram 2500, 2020 GMC yukon, 2017 E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dealer says the parts I need have come in and are at no cost to me. $60 a piece for a left and right cover panel are needed. Driving up to Thomasville GA from Tallahassee to pick them up. Its only about a 45 minute drive and for the most part it is a pleasant drive. Driving through Thomasville is nice as well, reminds me of an old country town, even with cobble stone streets. Of course, if the parts don't fit with my dual soft top, I am going to be a might peeved. Hoping for the best!
Do you know what the part numbers where I have the same issue.

OP
OP
BobN - USAF

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry, I don't know the numbers. But you don't want to look at the dual top part numbers. Since I needed the ones for the soft top the dealer order the parts based on the soft top. According to him, the geniuses at Ford didn't include a cover that works with the soft top in the dual top parts list. Go figure.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the dual top option also.
I have not installed the soft top yet, my question is can you install the soft top without the plates or are the plates required to make the soft top functional, or is it just for esthetics?
Tnanks.
Yes, you can. Just looks unfinished and smaller items can fall in the open areas. Mine did not come with these either. I reached out to the dealer last night. We’ll see how they respond. It sounds fairly common, so hopefully Ford sends them, as they should, at no cost to me or the dealer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BobN - USAF

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The dealer told me that they had to eat the cost or charge me. They ate the cost, I guess that they made enough on the deal. I told that the included bits didn't fit the soft top and you know bumper to bumper warranty. LOL The dealer told me those little bits of plastic were $60 a side (retail)...plus tax, of course. It is a FORD CORP rip off. The dual tops, oh, you want all the parts to finish the install? Also, no FORD directions on how to install the soft top. The remove/install videos do not count. How can I remove what is not installed? The first installation requires you to adjust the two brackets on the roll bar...not even mentioned in the videos.

BlazinGrizz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco OBX / 2020 Subaru Ascent Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey I know it’s been a minute, but do you have the part numbers for the cargo covers for the soft top??? Or a photo of them? I too went with dual tops, but only received the covers that were with the hard top. Is it the end of the world? Absolutely not, but it’s really messing with my OCD of the finished cargo area when my soft top is on.

OP
OP
BobN - USAF

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So it looks like there may be a Bronco god after all. It appears that Ford has recognized their error with a service bulletin. See the attached picture for the SSM number and the part numbers. Let us know how it works out for you.

Bronco Dual Option Brackets.jpg

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dual top order did not include the covers for the soft top either. I’m still “working” with my dealer and hoping that they’ll do the right thing. Thank you for posting this information.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even after providing the above SSM to Chapman Ford in Horsham I was told my only option is to buy the parts and hopefully get reimbursed as I'm out of state and they "need" to have the vehicle to comply. I get rules, but there's also customer service, good business and the fact that they did not deliver everything I purchased. Seems crazy to me to leave a bad taste over two pieces of plastic and $100K in vehicle purchase.
Sponsored