First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have read through this forum discussing all of the rattles that people have, and none are like mine. I have a metallic rattle on my 4-door soft top, non-sasquatch (rear cargo driver side). Most on this forum are the tail gate or on the passenger side.

I do feel like it goes away when I lower the soft top, but it is intermittent so I could be wrong. Does anyone have this rattle on theirs (video attached)?

Sponsored

Last edited:

pjmezz13

Black Diamond
First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a similar sound, soft top Black Diamond non-sas. I first thought it was the prop bar for the rear cargo area. I taped it up with some Tesa tape to no avail. My best guess at this point is that the hinges for the soft top mechanism are the culprit. If you open the rear cargo hatch and shake the soft top from side to side, you can kind of hear the same sound.

OP
OP

Capone7532

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a similar sound, soft top Black Diamond non-sas. I first thought it was the prop bar for the rear cargo area. I taped it up with some Tesa tape to no avail. My best guess at this point is that the hinges for the soft top mechanism are the culprit. If you open the rear cargo hatch and shake the soft top from side to side, you can kind of hear the same sound.
I have been unable to replicate the sound. I even tried your method and still can't replicate it.

I do feel like it gets less when I am driving around in the sun. Maybe the heat on black soft top does something to lessen the rattle?
Sponsored