Sponsored

Carrying crap on your spare tire edition...

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed that question didn’t get answered in their earlier reply, so I’m glad you asked. If there’s no response, you know the answer.
or maybe it was the weekend? Turn will respond
Sponsored

Ph4nt0m

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the American Adventure Lab's MASS tire rack as well. Absolutely love it. Rock solid piece of equipment and love the customization of various mounting options they offer support for. Packout plates being a stand out.

Went this route instead of a roof rack because I love the idea of being able to put some of the gear out of my direct wind profile on longer drives. In reality, probably doesn’t do much at all when the Bronco already has the same aerodynamics as a brick. I also don’t have to climb up for access so that is nice!

Only thing I ever worry about is the weight capacity of the gate and tire carrier. With the weight of a squatch tire already I don’t think that either of the components are ready for much more.

To compensate for all the weight I’d like to put on it, I’m going to install Turn Off Road’s swing gate and tire mount so I never have to worry about over loading it and the third brake light can stay be easily moved.

Pileofrocks

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 2 door Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I recommend first replacing the tailgate hinges to increase the tailgate and spare tire load limit. I went with the Turn hinges and am happy that I did. I ended up purchasing the JCR spare tire basket. It arrived yesterday and I have not yet assembled it I didn’t realize at the time that I ordered it that Turn has a similar product. Had I known I probably would have purchased the Turn basket instead.
Ford Bronco Carrying crap on your spare tire edition... IMG_5872

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t have one, but I would go with @Turn Offroad ’s option. They make top quality products and some of the best customer service I’ve seen. They can probably speak to the weight capacity. I highly recommend their products as I have their hard top and half roof rack, with the tailgate reinforcement bracket and Rotopax bracket en route.

I know you mentioned putting lighter stuff in it, but I’d still recommend a tailgate reinforcement bracket. That tailgate has enough weight on it already.
you sure you don’t work for Turn?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you sure you don’t work for Turn?
Yeah I'm sure. I just love their products. I also appreciate folks who have spoken highly of vendors, which helped me in my decision making on certain accessories.

I also rave about Baja Designs lights and Goat Fab rock sliders on B6G too, but nobody bugs me about that :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP
OP
HighVelocity

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, do the math and double check your manufacturer warranty, in case this happens..

OP
OP
HighVelocity

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have any questions regarding our rack please let us know! Ours weighs 30 lbs, is made of steel, and the capacity is really more dependent on your tailgate capacity than anything else. Thanks for your interest in our product!
Where are these made?
I noticed that question didn’t get answered in their earlier reply, so I’m glad you asked. If there’s no response, you know the answer.
That's also what I figured, I wouldn't expect a response over the weekend. But it's been crickets since, which just might be the answer.

It's not the most critical piece of information for making my decision, but it does weigh in heavily, especially given the lighter weight options from a known origin.

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Where are these made?
That's also what I figured, I wouldn't expect a response over the weekend. But it's been crickets since, which just might be the answer.

It's not the most critical piece of information for making my decision, but it does weigh in heavily, especially given the lighter weight options from a known origin.

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay, currently this product is made overseas.

A part of our company mission is to bring all of our processes and production in house to be built in both the USA and just across the border in our Mexico facility. We are working to build our resources here in the US and believe heavily in American manufacturing and the American workforce but until we're able to scale its not realistic to run small scale manufacturing stateside for certain products and this is one of them.

With that I will say that if there is any issue with a Turn Offroad product we will fix it. We stand behind our products 100% and are proud of what we are able to offer to the Bronco community! Although this product is currently made outside of the USA every dollar spent on Turn Products helps with our mission to change that and bring production back to the United States.

Long answer for a short question but I hope that helps!

Sponsored

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just picked up the AAL Spare tire mount and molle panels for a steal of a deal. Found someone local selling the system brand new in box. Setup he sold me retailed for like $800 shipped. I grabbed it for $250.

If you're looking to carry a Roam/Pelican case on the back then AAL is the way to go. The photo that sold me was this one.
Ford Bronco Carrying crap on your spare tire edition... IMG_5872

I also have their cargo shelf system. it's all top notch products
Are you running some sort of tailgate reinforcement? If so which one?

I have a 2DR Bronco and space is a bit tight unless I wanna complete a rear seat delete, floor setup etc. I take a Howl Campfire, 20lb propane tank, Pelican TX80 with camping/ recovery gear and a cooler. This setup seems to be the way for a 2DR to save some interior space. My real concerns is running stock Sasquatch Bilsetins is the rear sag I may get

Shawn_1121

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you running some sort of tailgate reinforcement? If so which one?

I have a 2DR Bronco and space is a bit tight unless I wanna complete a rear seat delete, floor setup etc. I take a Howl Campfire, 20lb propane tank, Pelican TX80 with camping/ recovery gear and a cooler. This setup seems to be the way for a 2DR to save some interior space. My real concerns is running stock Sasquatch Bilsetins is the rear sag I may get
hammer built

IMG_0835.jpeg

IMG_0831.jpeg

IMG_0832.jpeg

IMG_0833.jpeg

IMG_0834.jpeg
Sponsored