First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Wildtrak Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am thinking about adding a little “sound” to my 100% stock 22 Wildtrak. I am not much for aftermarket “bumpers, grilles, wheels, or anything really. I like to keep my vehicles stock for the most part. I am thinking about adding an intake and an CAT back Exhaust to add a little sound to the vehicle. I recently purchased a new work vehicle to drive daily (23 Sequoia TRD Pro) and it just has this sound when you start it up, hit the throttle that just sounds like great to me personally. I would like to try and replicate something like that with my Bronco. I have watched 100 YouTube videos and cannot truly make up my mind on which one I prefer better.

Would any of you throw me some ideas or what good or bad you have found. Thanks Bronco Fam!
Sponsored

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am thinking about adding a little “sound” to my 100% stock 22 Wildtrak. I am not much for aftermarket “bumpers, grilles, wheels, or anything really. I like to keep my vehicles stock for the most part. I am thinking about adding an intake and an CAT back Exhaust to add a little sound to the vehicle. I recently purchased a new work vehicle to drive daily (23 Sequoia TRD Pro) and it just has this sound when you start it up, hit the throttle that just sounds like great to me personally. I would like to try and replicate something like that with my Bronco. I have watched 100 YouTube videos and cannot truly make up my mind on which one I prefer better.

Would any of you throw me some ideas or what good or bad you have found. Thanks Bronco Fam!
Just do an axle back muffler if you’re just wanting a little sound. I have a AFE Vulcan, gives it alittle tone without being obnoxious

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have heard in person and have one on order for my 23 WT the fast intentions axle back. Gives it a nice deeper tone and is louder then stock but not crazy. Defiantly would check it out.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I run the Magnaflow high-performance dual exhaust. Nice sound, does not drone, also it tucked high in the position for off- roading clearance.

Sponsored

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really don't think this system gets the attention it deserves. The XForce Cat-Back system is a valved system available for the 2.3 and 2.7. With a push of a button, you can easily open and close the valved muffler, resulting in increased or decreased sound. We did an install and overview on it. Check it out below!

XForce Cat-Back - Ford Bronco

BisSilent

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AFE Apollo gt high tuck videos clips.
Cold Start

Moderate acceleration

Hard acceleration

OP
OP
Mvruggink41

Mvruggink41

Wildtrak
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the input friends! Love the videos and your comments! Thanks!

Logan@Lethal

Wildtrak
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Hey there!

We've installed multiple catbacks/exhaust systems on our FE. We have videos of them listed here:

https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/bronco-exhaust-guide

We, personally, enjoy the Corsa option and AWE option the most. The Roush option is right there with it. They all have a bit of a unique tone and the Kooks is the quietest of the bunch (to our ear, we didn't do a decibel rating - Thermal R&D was right there with it).

Please let us know if we can assist at all - the above link has videos and sku numbers/pricing. We'd love to get this done for you.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey there!

We've installed multiple catbacks/exhaust systems on our FE. We have videos of them listed here:

We, personally, enjoy the Corsa option and AWE option the most. The Roush option is right there with it. They all have a bit of a unique tone and the Kooks is the quietest of the bunch (to our ear, we didn't do a decibel rating - Thermal R&D was right there with it).

Please let us know if we can assist at all - the above link has videos and sku numbers/pricing. We'd love to get this done for you.
Kooks Adventure Series. How is it compared to dual tip?

Sponsored

Logan@Lethal

Wildtrak
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Kooks Adventure Series. How is it compared to dual tip?
We weren't able to install the Adventure series on our Bronco, but there is a brief clip offered by Kooks:

I called Kooks and they said the sound level is similar - slight drone possible with further exhaust modifications just due to the tip (or lack there of) orientation.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey there!

You have a very comprehensive selection on your site! It's the first I've heard of the Kooks and Thermal offerings. I'm looking for a system that's fairly quiet in normal driving, so those two have moved towards the top of my list.
Is/will the Thermal be avail for a 2 door w/ 2.7?
Do you plan to do an install and videos for the Borla systems? I'm considering their Touring system since it's relatively quiet as well. Any idea how it compares to the Kooks and Thermal?

Just my opinion, but I don't want giant exhaust tips on my truck. I like subtle, 3" dual tips would be ok, but not those 4"+ ones that'll get beat up on the trail. Soundwise, I like Walker Dynomax on my 60's musclecars.... nice rumble at idle, fairly quiet in normal driving, and they make some noise when I get on it. Looking for something similar for my Bronc.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Borla S-Type axle back for the 2.7L is 👍🏻
Quick question, Why did you choose the axle back vs. the CAT back version of the S-Type? I am considering the CAT back, but would like to get some input between the 2 options.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Quick question, Why did you choose the axle back vs. the CAT back version of the S-Type? I am considering the CAT back, but would like to get some input between the 2 options.
Because to me, the axle-back was all I needed to get the sound I wanted and a muffler system that tucks-up higher. Plus I knew I would be able to install an axle-back myself. I didn't feel the need to spend more money on the parts or labor with the CAT back version.

IMG_1262.jpeg

IMG_1261.jpeg

OP
OP
Mvruggink41

Mvruggink41

Wildtrak
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey there!

Thanks for the advice!! Have/has anyone “watching” this thread put on the ford performance???
Sponsored