First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - White Carbon Edition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
With the twin-turbo 2.7L that you find in the Broncos, there's a lot of air being pushed through that stock exhaust. Open up that restrictive factory exhaust with a 3" mandrel-bent system from Thermal R&D. With both a mid-mounted muffler and another in the rear, this exhaust opens up the tone and flow without adding drone thanks to a true Helmholtz resonator. This particular system has a black ceramic-coated muffler and optional tip, which can be left off for more ground clearance as well. There's a lot to like about this system so check it out here!

https://www.steeda.com/thermal-r-d-b911-c911-c-bronco-cat-back-exhaust-system-black

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice job on the video! (tho I skipped directly to the sound clips). Very helpful to hear the difference between stock and aftermarket exhausts, especially the drive-by's.
Another sponsor rated the Thermal as one of the quieter systems. What other systems do you offer that are also quiet(er)?
I did check out your vids on Youtube of other Bronco systems, sure helps to do the comparisons.

Wish you would do a video of the cat-back Borla Touring system, that's one that is often recommended here. It's at the same price point as the Thermal.

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
It looks like this is for the 4 door only but I don't see any reference to that if it is.

Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sounds way to quiet to allow for the increased air flow that a third party exhaust should offer. At least IMHO.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where are the dyno results? If you are going to claim “max power gains” then back it up.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a fan of that dip in HP / TQ below 3.7k, which is interesting to me. I understand that with NA cars you want some back pressure to help with cylinder scavenging, but I was always under the impression that with forced induction less back pressure is always better. Can anyone explain why a freer flowing exhaust would reduce low end power in this application?

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
In the video they talked about how that truck was Roush tuned and I think with the intake. So the hp increase from the exhaust probably doesn't represent a stock truck difference. The other tuning might have moved the power curve up higher resulting in the loss lower. It does seem like a lot of trucks that have parts upgrades are being used for different power upgrades in the dyno tests so it can be really tough to know how the modification would behave on a stock truck.

Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the real world, i.e., street/highway, I want power from off-idle to say 4,500 rpm. I'm not drag racing and hanging out at 5,000+ rpm.

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The modern day engine for the most part is pretty optimized, unless you are adding more fuel or boost there really isn’t any power increase. The truth is none of this “power adders” do anything other than shift the power band at the very best unless it’s an actual tune. Removing restrictions or optimizing flow only really shine when you tune for it. Every manufacturer claims their product does “x” but it doesn’t period. We buy the parts because they are cool and we like to work on our vehicles. So with that being said enjoy the extra noise and try not to look too deep into it lol.

TopRamenGod

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Might be an ignorant question, but do installs like these affect the warranty of the vehicle?

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video, love the comparisons. Would love to know the hp/tq increases on a bone stock bronco vs the roush intake ;)
Yeah shame all that effort and not on a stock bronco

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the real world, i.e., street/highway, I want power from off-idle to say 4,500 rpm. I'm not drag racing and hanging out at 5,000+ rpm.
Most people drive below 3000 RPMs, so anything that could potentially reduce power below there would be a huge waste of money. I’ve seen other devices in the market that actually reduce your horsepower at lower RPMs which is crazy to me.
Sponsored