First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am interested, but want to see the effects applied to those that have had the ford tune first and those that have upgraded the IC. I also wonder with these upgrades I should add catch cans.
Same, only because I have one as well

if they stack, then
Ford Bronco Big power gains for 2.7L from Superchips Pulsar XT tuning AA397D05-DC19-4454-8C94-D32130979B2A

always do a catch can btw

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd like to confirm that the max power gains were done on 91 octane and that there were no concerns with pinging, heat, or CELs. I didn't see any talk of fuel octanes in your information, which these types of numbers usually require 93+ octane to accomplish. The JB4 requires e30+ to get 60hp and 90 ft.lbs. I would love to add a tuner, but around here I am limited to 91 and don't want to spend money on something that requires 93 to achieve the advertised numbers.

Last edited:

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does this remove the limiter?

OP
OP
Superchips_Mktg

Superchips_Mktg

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.holley.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Would you/could you please test it with the Ford Performance tune delivered via the ProCal? That tune apparently remaps the 10 speed quite effectively but I have a feeling the power gains from both devices/tunes are coming from similar/same adjustments.
We'll order one in and test it, we are working on flash tuning for the Bronco as well, which will include both ECM and TCM mapping. But we're still a little ways out on that. So this inline module is an excellent way to pick up some power and have some feature control without reflashing.

Sponsored

arussell99

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I called SuperChips to see if the tune would wipe my Forscan programming. They have no idea. They said they do not test their products with other after market products. If anyone has tested it, please post the results.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I called SuperChips to see if the tune would wipe my Forscan programming. They have no idea. They said they do not test their products with other after market products. If anyone has tested it, please post the results.
I’m guessing if a Forscan adjustment is replicated by a tuner/tune that conflicts could arise? CELs? SuperChips is willing to test stacking their product(s) with the Ford Performance tune delivered via the ProCal but that flash is an OEM offering.

OP
OP
Superchips_Mktg

Superchips_Mktg

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.holley.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is there a way to set the vehicle start up mode to the last mode used? Such as Eco, Normal, Sport, etc. or to always start in the mode of choice.
Not with this device, but that is a feature we have on our request list for flash tuning when we have it available.

I've got a few questions about this device:

1. Does it disable auto start/stop by re-configuring modules or emulating the signals sent by the button on the dash?
2. Is the pedal position sensor connection required?
3. This device intercepts signals from two pressure sensors and modifies them before they reach the PCM. How does the PCM maintain proper AFRs even though it isn't seeing the truth from these two sensors?
Start Stop works differently between the 21-22 and the 23 models, but we are sending a signal to the PCM so that it sees a situation where it would not normally enable Start Stop.

Pedal connection is required for the device to operate.

We are altering Boost and MAP signals, the vehicle can still correct AFR as needed. We monitor AFR and knock extremely close during testing and development and had no ill effects to either with our final calibrations within the device. We've tested at both our facilities as well, so we have data to confirm safe performance for higher elevation and sea level.

Very interesting but I REALLY want the rev matching with ford's procal. So it has to be safe to use with that installed if it can't give us revmatch itself.
Unfortunately, we can not control Rev matching with this module, but it is being developed for our flash tuning. We'll see if we can get a Procal for our own testing and see how the devices work in conjunction.

Looking forward to see this come to the California market. Bone head state 🤦‍♂️
The device passed our in-house emissions testing, so we know it will pass at CARB and we have our application in for the EO approval. But they are extremely backed up, so we can't say on an ETA on 50-state compliance

I'd like to confirm that the max power gains were done on 91 octane and that there were no concerns with pinging, heat, or CELs. I didn't see any talk of fuel octanes in your information, which these types of numbers usually require 93 octane to accomplish. I would love to add a tuner, but around here I am limited to 91 and don't want to spend money on something that requires 93 to achieve the advertised numbers.
We do all our testing and development around 91 Octane. So all calibrations and those power gains are specific to 91. I'll make sure our website is updated to show this as well.

Does this remove the limiter?
Unfortunately, no, we have no control over that feature with this inline module, but should be possible when we release flash tuning.

OP
OP
Superchips_Mktg

Superchips_Mktg

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.holley.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Where's the 3.0 ??
We're confident this device will work with the 3.0L as well, but have to get one in locally to test on and run through our emissions cell, as the 2.3/2.7 and the 3.0 are in different emissions tiers.

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
We'll order one in and test it, we are working on flash tuning for the Bronco as well, which will include both ECM and TCM mapping. But we're still a little ways out on that. So this inline module is an excellent way to pick up some power and have some feature control without reflashing.
Did you have any intake or exhaust modifications in place to get the power gains?
Start Stop works differently between the 21-22 and the 23 models
Can you explain the difference(s), I’m just curious…

OP
OP
Superchips_Mktg

Superchips_Mktg

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.holley.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did you have any intake or exhaust modifications in place to get the power gains?

Can you explain the difference(s), I’m just curious…
No, our marketed/shared data comes from 100% factory vehicles. We did test in some modified applications with great results as well however.

Ford just changed the way the Start Stop system functions in the 2023 models

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, our marketed/shared data comes from 100% factory vehicles. We did test in some modified applications with great results as well however.

Ford just changed the way the Start Stop system functions in the 2023 models
Thank you, wonder if Ford will update the 21-22 A.S.S. to 23 specifications via an OTA update?

Any discount codes or upcoming seasonal/holiday sales?

OP
OP
Superchips_Mktg

Superchips_Mktg

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.holley.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you, wonder if Ford will update the 21-22 A.S.S. to 23 specifications via an OTA update?

Any discount codes or upcoming seasonal/holiday sales?
We aren't currently running and promos, and our next sale won't go out until Black Friday, which doesn't always include new product releases.

Send me one I'll give it a shakedown :cool:
If you'd be willing to bring it to our Sanford, FL or Ogden, UT locations for engineers to mess with for a day. No problem ;)
Sponsored