Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.holley.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Product looks good. How do you have throttle response when in reverse? Do you revert to the factory setting? Last thing I want is a touchy throttle in reverse. Thanks.
It does revert back to normal in reverse ;)
Sponsored

Brokenparts

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 FJ45, 73 c-10, 79 Blazer, '23 Exp, 2008 F350,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've purposely waited a bit to give my take on the tuner.... I've been driving around with it for almost a week now.

It's good. My original plan was to do a "follow along" install video/pics, but the linked video of the install is as straight forward as it can get. I was able to get the tuner installed on my lunch break and still have enough time to flog the throttle around the business park. Stupid easy... plug and play.

If you look at the dyno graph, you can see quite a bit of meat in low-to-midrange. To me, this part of the power curve is the most useful. Sure 0-60 times are great but being able to feel the gain while at a cruising speed or at part throttle/off-idle throttle stood out with this tuner for my driving style.

I previously was using a Pedal Commander which was nice improvement for throttle response but there really wasn't a "power gain". On the other hand, this tuner allowed me to back off the throttle sensitivity (in comparison to the Pedal Commander), yet still feel the power. I have throttle sensitivity set at +4 and love it. Overall, the tuner adds "grunt" to my Bronco that was previously missing. MPG differences are negligible... especially if you don't flog the throttle like I've been doing...

My Flowmaster/American Thunder Exhaust showed up yesterday. I am eager to see if it complements the tuner like I hope it will. I'll be sure to update my feedback after getting it installed.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got this installed and was able to play around with it a little. It definitely works. Install was easy although working on my back under the dash was a little rough for this 48 year old. No codes, hiccups or other issues beyond not being able to pair the little remote control, which I don't think I'll use anyways as the app works fine, even if it's a little slow. Vehicle is a stock 2.7 Badlands with the factory 33s. I was running a fresh tank of 91 octane with (no more than) 10% ethanol and it was 73 degrees. I haven't been able to find 93 octane here.

To test it out I went to a local industrial area that has no to little traffic on Sundays and used the 'Dragger' app to measure 0-60. I would not make any claims that this app is accurate, but I thought it should be okay for comparisons sake. I ran it twice on 'stock' and twice on level 5 with level 3 on the throttle. I didn't load the brakes and it was release brake pedal then WOT. All runs were going in the same direction and starting from the same point, back to back.

With the stock setting I got 0-60 times of 7.65 and 7.72. On level 5 I got a 6.81 and a 7.02 on the second run. I had the boost gauge open on my dash and the boost level achieved was around 2-3 lbs less on the 7.02 run. I was showing 16-17 during the first and only in the 14s for the second level 5 run. I suspect the system was pulling timing and / or boost due to ping, but I don't know. Maybe heat affected it as well, but I wouldn't expect consistent performance on level 5 on only 91 octane. I felt like any more runs would probably be less and less, so I stopped after those 4.

I have it now set on level 3 power with level 3 throttle. Noticeable power increase and much peppier throttle feel over stock, was able to keep fogs on with brights, and turn off the damn start / stop feature. I would absolutely remove this anytime you take it to the dealer for ANY service.

Overall I am very happy for a plug and play module that can be removed at anytime and if needed can run 87 octane in the 'stock' mode, unlike the Ford Performance module where it appears 91 is required and 93 to get the most out of it.
So to update my post, I added a bottle of cheap STP Octane Booster from Wal-Mart and went back to the same spot to re-test to see if I could squeeze more out of it with presumably higher octane. I have no idea how many points the STP would add, I figure not much though. It was 49 degrees, so cooler than my first runs, which I'm sure helped. Also, I was sitting with 3/4 of a tank, instead of full. Quite impressed! I did a run on 'stock' tune and got a 6.99 0-60 and a very surprising 5.73 0-60 using level 5. Same parameters as before, same spot, same app, going in the same direction, and all runs where made on 'normal' GOAT mode. I did a run on level 3, which is what I have been using and got 6.56. I believe these numbers would indicate that the tune is capable of more than the advertised numbers if using higher octane fuels than 91 (assuming the octane booster actually worked, which it appears it did / does). I did move the throttle sensitivity down from 3 to 2. On three it seemed like it was always in boost and really killed the gas mileage. On 2 with a feather foot I can keep out of the boost and for the few trips I've taken without my foot in it, it does appear to have increased the gas mileage. I typically have seen 17.2 on the gauge and its now showing 18 as average on similar trips. I prefer the feel of level 3 however.

I would love to see someone run this on an independent dyno with 93 octane.

STP Octane Booster (5.25 fluid ounces) - Walmart.com

OP
OP
Superchips_Mktg

Superchips_Mktg

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.holley.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the feedback! Obviously the vehicle is still going to self adjust based off the fuel quality to make sure there is know detonation or pinging under load. The Ecoboosts defintley pull alot as the engine heats up, we've seen this for years in dyno testing. The first run can be 20-40hp higher than a third/fourth run just simply because the engine has gotten hot.

But we did develop these calibrations using 91 Octane and have been extremely happy with the results.

Treich

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well damn I just got Procal in the mail, not installed yet since it's almost worth throwing money at a dealer for the install. But this sounds like a better deal.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Superchips_Mktg

Superchips_Mktg

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.holley.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well damn I just got Procal in the mail, not installed yet since it's almost worth throwing money at a dealer for the install. But this sounds like a better deal.
we’ve been getting great reviews from owners on these devices in the field.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
we’ve been getting great reviews from owners on these devices in the field.
Have you folks stacked it with the Ford Performance ProCal delivered tune yet?

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone stack this with the Ford Performance ProCal delivered tune yet?

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone stack this with the Ford Performance ProCal delivered tune yet?
If Superchips wants to send me one for testing then I'd be more than happy to provide a review and some data :)

That said, I do have an inexpensive RaceChip S coming next week so I plan to see how that does. on top of the Ford ProCal.

Reactions: 0ne

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The super chips device looks to give decent gains, and like the other piggybacks, makes it easy to go back to stock.

The meat of the Ford Procal though is the transmission tuning. The added power is great, but the transmission tunning is what makes the Ford device worth the price of admission.

I have not really seen a lot of information about people running both devices together. But as I said earlier, it should work, but it also comes down to how much you would get out of it as Ford tune already gives some gains. You would most likely not be able to turn the piggyback device tune up that much. Testing needs to be done.
Sponsored