First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco and 2006 z06
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So hoping someone can help answer a question. I recently purchase the Ceracoat trim protector after having good success with their paint sealer. I own a couple of older vehicles and thought I would try their trim protector on them as well as on the fender flares that don't come clean after having gone mudding in the Bronco. That then got me to thinking......Would the trim protector work on the hard top? Both fenders and top are polymer based but I am not sure if the trim protector is compatible with the top. Anyone used this product on their top and, if so, results please?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Amac

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco and 2006 z06
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks. I'm thinking if the trim protector is not the right product that their sealant might be but don't want to experiment given all the issues people have had with the build quality of the hard top. Love St Aug by the way. Grew up surfing Vilano and A Street and Crescent Beaches.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So hoping someone can help answer a question. I recently purchase the Ceracoat trim protector after having good success with their paint sealer. I own a couple of older vehicles and thought I would try their trim protector on them as well as on the fender flares that don't come clean after having gone mudding in the Bronco. That then got me to thinking......Would the trim protector work on the hard top? Both fenders and top are polymer based but I am not sure if the trim protector is compatible with the top. Anyone used this product on their top and, if so, results please?

Thanks in advance.
I would personally steer clear of it. It's a great product but if you look at the MIC top wrong it starts to crack or get snake skin lol.

Below is Ford's official clean recommendations for the MIC top:
Ford Bronco Ceracoat trim protector on hard top Screenshot 2024-01-09 155617

Sponsored

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't risk using something strong like Cerakote on the this top. Use something a bit less aggressive like Griot's 3-1 ceramic wax which is fine to use on plastics. I've been using it and it's super easy to apply, no streaks, and it's been repelling water amazingly well. As a bonus they do list that it protects against UV rays but not sure if there's good proof of this.

Big Pony

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent LTD '20
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Thanks in advance.
I currently use the Cerakote trim protector on my MIC top. I’ve had great results with it and will continue using it as needed. I have done two applications in one year, especially after getting it all pin stripped by low hanging branches on some trails. The Cerakote makes the scratches less noticeable or even disappear depending on the scratch. I love the product.

If you’re going to use it, do it in the shade, do one panel at a time, and make sure the top is super clean before applying it. Also, if you’re using the wipes: I used 1 full wipe per each front panel, 2 wipes for the middle section, and 2 wipes for the rear section. The instructions don’t call for this, but I found that buffing it with a microfiber towel quickly after applying, blends it better and removes the streaks produced by the initial wiping strokes when the wipes are saturated. This product is very strong and has the potential of staining the surface of the top if applied incorrectly and if excess product is left on any section. Still, it is by far the best product I’ve used to condition the MIC top and it lasts months between applications.

To finish the top, I use 303 aerospace protectant on all the rubber gaskets and seals. My top looks great all the time. Your results may vary, but I hope this helps you get a better idea in the product. Good luck!

PS: I was hesitant at first because as others stated, Cerakote is no joke. It is a very strong product and has to be applied carefully. That’s why I mentioned the buffing out step as it really does make a difference.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I use 303 protectant and I know others here do as well. The top looks very good. No reported issues with 303 usage.

e34john

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e10, e30, e34
Your Bronco Model
Base

Cisco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2022 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I currently use the Cerakote trim protector on my MIC top. I’ve had great results with it and will continue using it as needed. I have done two applications in one year, especially after getting it all pin stripped by low hanging branches on some trails. The Cerakote makes the scratches less noticeable or even disappear depending on the scratch. I love the product.

If you’re going to use it, do it in the shade, do one panel at a time, and make sure the top is super clean before applying it. Also, if you’re using the wipes: I used 1 full wipe per each front panel, 2 wipes for the middle section, and 2 wipes for the rear section. The instructions don’t call for this, but I found that buffing it with a microfiber towel quickly after applying, blends it better and removes the streaks produced by the initial wiping strokes when the wipes are saturated. This product is very strong and has the potential of staining the surface of the top if applied incorrectly and if excess product is left on any section. Still, it is by far the best product I’ve used to condition the MIC top and it lasts months between applications.

To finish the top, I use 303 aerospace protectant on all the rubber gaskets and seals. My top looks great all the time. Your results may vary, but I hope this helps you get a better idea in the product. Good luck!

PS: I was hesitant at first because as others stated, Cerakote is no joke. It is a very strong product and has to be applied carefully. That’s why I mentioned the buffing out step as it really does make a difference.

This is almost exactly how I use it and had zero issues in a year and a half.

OP
OP

Amac

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco and 2006 z06
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend