Sponsored

Chances of build date pushed back due to availability of a color?

sirdude

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4, 2011 Rav4, 1996 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good afternoon...

Got a Badlands reserved. At first I selected the Antimatter blue, but the Area 51 one has grown on me. I am leaning towards that color. I know Area 51 iis popular. What are the chances of a build actually being pushed back due to lack of availability of a color? Is a certain color going to be so popular they have a hard time getting it? Sorry if this has been covered. Would appreciate an insight anyone may have. Thanks!
Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your question has no definite answer.
The only answer to this question as of today is “maybe”.

Ford Bronco Chances of build date pushed back due to availability of a color? 81B43CA9-0D62-4EAA-A8DE-5D4838D0FF01
I just wish to be "Sasquatched".

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good afternoon...

Got a Badlands reserved. At first I selected the Antimatter blue, but the Area 51 one has grown on me. I am leaning towards that color. I know Area 51 iis popular. What are the chances of a build actually being pushed back due to lack of availability of a color? Is a certain color going to be so popular they have a hard time getting it? Sorry if this has been covered. Would appreciate an insight anyone may have. Thanks!
I doubt that Area 51 will push back the build date. Paint (colors) have been on order for a long time now, and it isn't likely that this color isn't being produced.

Besides, it is far from the most popular color (if you look at the countless surveys that have been posted), so why would you think that a grey/blue color would be in short supply?

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think it's paint colors anyone is waiting on, so imma say no.

I also think you get it when it's ready. You get it when you get it. If you need something now you should get something that's available now

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good afternoon...

From what I can determine, no one knows for certain if any colors, other than Velocity Blue could delay delivery for the Bronco. At the time when your order is placed in the Order Bank, some colors, in addition to Velocity Blue, may be identified as late availability. The reason I say that is because that has been the case with Bronco Sport. Keep in mind the Bronco Sport Build and Price makes no mention of late availability in relation to the exterior color. However, when you place the order, Cyber Orange, Rapid Red, and Alto Blue all popped up as late availability. Those three colors are all extra-cost items as well. (See attachment for clarification. Focus on the Optional Equipment section.)

If a potential Bronco buyer is keen on avoiding a late availability due to exterior color, it would be wise to have a plan B color ready.

https://community.thebronconation.c...1605284446591-398f7962-cab8ef5f-ce95f410-1dc2

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’d be more worried about coronavirus related delays than paint color choice
GM already has 2 plants on temporary shutdown due to parts shortages. This is expected to be a big issue going forward.

Sponsored
OP
OP

sirdude

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4, 2011 Rav4, 1996 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time and effort to respond, it's much appreciated!! Ordinarily I would not be concerned about a popular paint color delaying production, but unfortunately these are not ordinary times we are living in. I do have a backup as suggested (AMB). I was just curious if I was being stupid considering the possibility. Thanks everyone!

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just keep in mind, Rapid Red (Code D4 in the Bronco Sport Order Bank) is late availability for the Bronco Sport.
Is it? Wait, we talking regular or sport?

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking the same thing I saw Michigan now has restrictions with our luck we will all be receiving model year 22 Broncos
Sponsored