First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully simple question - but have not found an answer. I ordered a Bronco in Feb 2022, 5 months ago. I'm considering a change to the vehicle configuration which I believe I can do. I have not received a VIN or any other information from Ford yet.

Question - If I make a change to the order, does my order date slip to the current date? In other words, do I lose 5 months of waiting in line? Or is the original Feb order date kept and only the order details updated?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your order gets re-invoiced... then yes, you lose your place in line. Also worth noting that re-invoicing will cause you to lose any price protection you may have.

Re-invoicing occurs when you change your series code. Usually series code is roughly equivalent to trim level. On the Bronco it is mega complicated (or course!), as there is 5 series codes spread out across 8 trims. And you may change your series code when you change any of the following::
  • Change from 2-door to 4-door (or vice versa)
  • Change trim level
  • Change from the ESOF transfer case to the EMTC transfer case (or vice versa)
  • Change the equipment package (Standard, Mid, High, Lux)

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll footnote the above response and say this would not apply if you have a reservation..... you would not lose your place in line, but would still lose the price protection if any of those changes are made.
OP doesn't have a reservation, but others reading this thread may.
This is my understanding, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Sponsored