Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 3/27 order in for a 2dr Big Bend, 2.3, auto, SAS, mid, mod bumper and tow. If I were to move to a 4 dr, same options but with soft too, would that get me a built bronco faster or would it totally screw up my place in line and take longer to get something?

I’ve been on the fence about 2dr vs 4 with pros and cons on each and honestly, I would be fine either way but if going to 4door gets a truck quicker I’m in.

Of course dealer has no idea what is going on so hoping the experts here have some ideas.
Sponsored

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
you would most likely get it sooner. If the rumors are true only 10% of broncos built will be 2 doors. Either way they are not building 2 doors like they are the 4 door. When orders first went live I changed from a 2 door to a 4 door and got my bronco quickly. However, that was with the first year broncos. Got rid of it and bought a 2 door off the lot. If you don't care either way then changing to a 4 door will probably help.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
pick The one you want and wait for it.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You would move up relative to your dealer’s allocations. Dealer allocations are a lottery IMO. My advice is order EXACTLY what you want, don’t settle.

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sales guy is “checking” with the “order guy” on the possibility of switching. Something tells me it’s not worth their time to deal with it and I’ll hear something about being unable to do it. We’ll see.

As for 2dr vs 4dr….thats the problem with me. One day I want a 2 dr, the next I want a 4dr.

I like them each equally well. The part I won’t settle for giving up are the SAS, mod bumper, switches and tow package.

Never in my life has it been this hard to get a vehicle. It’s nuts.

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, my opinion is not the popular one...

If you switch to a 4 door, you're no longer getting a 'Bronco':
Ford Bronco What would changing 2dr to 4dr do to my place in line/order IMG_0511

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get the one you really want. I had to wait 2 years for my 2 door. I ordered it exactly the way I wanted it, color and all- base and Sasquatch. Had it over a year now and we just love it. And just the way it is, 0 mods. Would not ever trade or sell it. And I trade and sell very often.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don’t absolutely need a vehicle for everyday use then order what you want and wait. The horror stories are well documented on this site, but keep in mind the majority of posts are from those who have had an issue. We ALL had to wait after placing a RESERVATION. How long we waited after placing an ORDER is a totally different thing. There are definitely folks who have been waiting for a long long time after ordering. However, those of us who received our Broncos in an acceptable time frame ( taking the real world issues into consideration), never post a complaint. I reserved a month after the reservation process began. I didn’t ORDER until 14 months later 10/2021). My decision. In 150 days after I placed my ORDER my Bronco was in my garage. To each their own, but no way in hell am I dropping close to $60K on a vehicle that is “ kinda what I wanted”. Good luck.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@FordVideoGuy usually has the best information. All things being equal (assuming your 4-door order has the MIC top) it can depend on how tight the orders are on the 4-door hard top. Whether 2 or 4-door models have different order/production imbalances is speculation until someone with a connection at Ford updates the constraint list. The 2-door enthusiasts on Bronco6g are loud (and boisterous :) ) but the general public tends to go for the more practical 4-door. I think 2-door production runs are grouped together.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you don’t absolutely need a vehicle for everyday use then order what you want and wait. The horror stories are well documented on this site, but keep in mind the majority of posts are from those who have had an issue. We ALL had to wait after placing a RESERVATION. How long we waited after placing an ORDER is a totally different thing. There are definitely folks who have been waiting for a long long time after ordering. However, those of us who received our Broncos in an acceptable time frame ( taking the real world issues into consideration), never post a complaint. I reserved a month after the reservation process began. I didn’t ORDER until 14 months later 10/2021). My decision. In 150 days after I placed my ORDER my Bronco was in my garage. To each their own, but no way in hell am I dropping close to $60K on a vehicle that is “ kinda what I wanted”. Good luck.
My WT is in transit. 2 years from reservation, 20 months from first order date. If I modified my order, I probably could have accelerated this process by 6 months. But then I would have compromised. The wait is much shorter now. Just order what you want.

Sponsored

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 3/27 order in for a 2dr Big Bend, 2.3, auto, SAS, mid, mod bumper and tow. If I were to move to a 4 dr, same options but with soft too, would that get me a built bronco faster or would it totally screw up my place in line and take longer to get something?

I’ve been on the fence about 2dr vs 4 with pros and cons on each and honestly, I would be fine either way but if going to 4door gets a truck quicker I’m in.

Of course dealer has no idea what is going on so hoping the experts here have some ideas.
I would hold on to that. 2 door orders are within 1% of capacity. And Big Bend trim is one of the highest capacity levels of all the trims.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2 doors ugly
But the 3 door is the only “real” Bronco. I wonder if these hardcore two/three door guys think a muzzle loader is the only “real” gun and the only “real” computers fill an entire room. First of all FORD is the one that determines what is and is not a Bronco. Personally I don’t hate the 2 door but I would never have one, I like being able to comfortably have more people in my vehicle when I go places. If you like the 2 door or 4 door that’s your prerogative and you are entitled to that.

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

But the 3 door is the only “real” Bronco. I wonder if these hardcore two/three door guys think a muzzle loader is the only “real” gun and the only “real” computers fill an entire room. First of all FORD is the one that determines what is and is not a Bronco. Personally I don’t hate the 2 door but I would never have one, I like being able to comfortably have more people in my vehicle when I go places. If you like the 2 door or 4 door that’s your prerogative and you are entitled to that.
i love both the 2 and 4 door versions. They both have their places for sure. I do chuckle about the “real bronco” comment though, it’s kind of like the manual vs auto debate. people are really defensive about their choices. That’s the cool part though, the passion of the bronco crowd!

I think Ford did a fantastic job with both the bronco and mustang in keeping the old school vibe alive really well, unlike Toyotas bizarre attempt to salute the fj40 with the fj cruiser. The cruiser is sweet but they should have left the ’fj’ off the name, the only thing even remotely close between the two is they both have 4 tires.
Sponsored