Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 90 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m wondering if you can change to a different trim on an existing order without messing things up. I have an order in for a BD with no constrained options. I’m thinking about changing to a BL with the high package, no constrained options. Has anyone done this? Any issues to be aware of? Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tsquared5

tsquared5

Badlands
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m wondering if you can change to a different trim on an existing order without messing things up. I have an order in for a BD with no constrained options. I’m thinking about changing to a BL with the high package, no constrained options. Has anyone done this? Any issues to be aware of? Thanks.
P.S. No VIN # issued or build week email yet. Although my dealer said he got a notice from Ford on Friday asking for a copy of my driver’s license. Not sure if that means anything.

OrlandoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered an OBX then switched it to a BL a week later, when did you order? From what Ford Chat told me is each week as parts become available they are allocated to your order, once all parts are allocated you get your build date. So if it’s been a month or more I would assume parts have been allocated, it would be how many would have to be changed to accommodate new model if it would put a delay on it. Just my thoughts.

OP
OP
tsquared5

tsquared5

Badlands
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered an OBX then switched it to a BL a week later, when did you order? From what Ford Chat told me is each week as parts become available they are allocated to your order, once all parts are allocated you get your build date. So if it’s been a month or more I would assume parts have been allocated, it would be how many would have to be changed to accommodate new model if it would put a delay on it. Just my thoughts.
Thanks. I ordered on April 18th.

OrlandoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

P.S. No VIN # issued or build week email yet. Although my dealer said he got a notice from Ford on Friday asking for a copy of my driver’s license. Not sure if that means anything.
If ford didn’t get a copy of your license then your dealer didn’t do the COVP on your order.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tsquared5

tsquared5

Badlands
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OrlandoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s a form you fill out that the dealer sends to ford with a copy of your license to prove that there is a real person who put in this order, and not the dealer putting in a bogus order to get more vehicles in their lot.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since you only ordered it a couple weeks ago and don’t have a VIN yet, it should be no problem to change your order to a different trim.

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is correct, there would be absolutely no problem or harm done changing your trim. Do it now and rest in peace 🙂

OP
OP
tsquared5

tsquared5

Badlands
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks all.

OP
OP
tsquared5

tsquared5

Badlands
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is correct, there would be absolutely no problem or harm done changing your trim. Do it now and rest in peace 🙂
Thanks. I see you have a BL ordered. What led you in that direction over other trims? For me SAS would be overkill. I’m not going to do anything heavy duty like rock crawling. I do think the larger screen, 360 camera and forward sensing that the high package brings are nice features. I’m not sure the better suspension and tires that the BL brings are enough to justify the upgrade. I ordered the BD thinking it was a good value for the money. Thanks again.
Sponsored