Michele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi All -
I would like to change my preferred dealer for my Bronco order. I called over the summer and they told me that I had to wait until the order window opened for 2022s. I received my email yesterday that I could finally order my Bronco and spent hours on hold and left a message for them to call me back. Still haven't talked to anyone who can help. I even tried to live chat and was told that I had to contact the dealer I want to switch to, which was incorrect. Tried the chat again, and was told I have to talk to marketing. I woke up at 6:00am this morning and tried to call again and was told that I had to talk to marketing and they are there Monday through Friday only. Has anyone been able to switch dealers? They are making it exceedingly difficult. Thanks!
Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The dealers are busy filling existing customers orders to convert to a MY2022. Skip emails and calls.
I suggest going in person to the dealer. The dealer you want to transfer to has to accept you. Not much Ford can do until that happens. Since most of them have more orders than allocations, I am not sure why they would take a transfer and bump one of their later reservation holders. Sort of a mess Ford created. good luck. There was a post a read that had more info on this if you do a deep search.

Last edited:

4Runfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC / Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hi All -
I would like to change my preferred dealer for my Bronco order. I called over the summer and they told me that I had to wait until the order window opened for 2022s. I received my email yesterday that I could finally order my Bronco and spent hours on hold and left a message for them to call me back. Still haven't talked to anyone who can help. I even tried to live chat and was told that I had to contact the dealer I want to switch to, which was incorrect. Tried the chat again, and was told I have to talk to marketing. I woke up at 6:00am this morning and tried to call again and was told that I had to talk to marketing and they are there Monday through Friday only. Has anyone been able to switch dealers? They are making it exceedingly difficult. Thanks!
I would like to know if anyone has successfully transferred dealers as well.

I called Ford customer service today and was told that it has to be handled by the Marketing department, which is closed on the weekend and to call back on Monday.

If anyone has been successful, please share the process

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You need to call Ford motor company marketing. I am in the process of trying to change to a different dealership. They take this on a case-by-case basis, so at that they will open a case and provide you the case number and they will review the reasons you gave them. My reason is that my reservation is with one of the small dealerships that has a large number of reservations and I will probably not see a Bronco until 23 probably 24. They told me the review process takes up to seven business days and they will contact me to let me know if they will allow me to switch to a different dealership . They called me yesterday and let me know they need a few more days and they will call me by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need to call Ford motor company marketing. I am in the process of trying to change to a different dealership. They take this on a case-by-case basis, so at that they will open a case and provide you the case number and they will review the reasons you gave them. My reason is that my reservation is with one of the small dealerships that has a large number of reservations and I will probably not see a Bronco until 23 probably 24. They told me the review process takes up to seven business days and they will contact me to let me know if they will allow me to switch to a different dealership . They called me yesterday and let me know they need a few more days and they will call me by Tuesday or Wednesday.
a SEVEN business day review to see if they will ALLOW you to swap after they changed the rules and the head of communications mockingly told you to switch dealers?

That sounds about par for the Ford course.

Good luck my brother, truly, I hope you get it done like you want.

Sponsored

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would like to know if anyone has successfully transferred dealers as well.

I called Ford customer service today and was told that it has to be handled by the Marketing department, which is closed on the weekend and to call back on Monday.

If anyone has been successful, please share the process
I called Ford Marketing 800-334-4376 on Friday 10/15 around 3pm CT. I had about a 50 minute wait on hold. Spoke with a very nice representative who took my info and said it would be 3-5 business days until I hear back from Ford on moving from Granger to my new dealer. She only asked me why and I explained due to the change in allocation formula Ford announced last week. She was aware of the issue.

77Highboy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Jags, 2 Jeeps, Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I called Ford Marketing 800-334-4376 on Friday 10/15 around 3pm CT. I had about a 50 minute wait on hold. Spoke with a very nice representative who took my info and said it would be 3-5 business days until I hear back from Ford on moving from Granger to my new dealer. She only asked me why and I explained due to the change in allocation formula Ford announced last week. She was aware of the issue.

I'm in the same boat; 7/24/20 reservation, dealer in big market / lots of Jeep presence but not what I would call a large operation. Just got the note from Ford about re-order for '22MY. From what I understand: a) early res (good), b) 0rder is 2dr, Sas, Lux, 2.7 (not so good from what I'm told, c) dealer on the med to smallish side. Anyway, concerned that they'll have limited allocations so considering a switch, but sounds like a roll of the dice no matter what. Any other suggestions?

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm in the same boat; 7/24/20 reservation, dealer in big market / lots of Jeep presence but not what I would call a large operation. Just got the note from Ford about re-order for '22MY. From what I understand: a) early res (good), b) 0rder is 2dr, Sas, Lux, 2.7 (not so good from what I'm told, c) dealer on the med to smallish side. Anyway, concerned that they'll have limited allocations so considering a switch, but sounds like a roll of the dice no matter what. Any other suggestions?
I called around to dealers locally and asked to speak with the sales manager or looked them up directly via their website. I asked how their dealership was handling the Bronco reservation/order issues. Many were honest with me about how f'ed up this whole process has been. Many also said they only believe about 25% of what their Ford rep tells them about this issue. I was up front with them about my late order with Granger, 4/28/21. Then asked them about their number of reservations and how I would fit in. Most were up front about selling cancelled orders at 'market value' (ADM of course). One explained Ford told Granger at the start of this whole thing not to venture down the below MSRP path. I have no idea if that was true or not. I then asked about MSRP if I moved my order to them. Most would not commit. I finally found one who would and said my place in their line was approximately 9-12 months out. One thing I have learned about these last few years in general is any good plan has a very good shot of going south, so we shall see what happens.

Last edited:

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

She only asked me why and I explained due to the change in allocation formula Ford announced last week.
Just a nitpick, but Ford never announced anything about the allocation formula. That was leaked by dealers.

If it had been left up to Ford, we would be completely in the dark about this formula, which has apparently become the most important factor determining when our vehicles are built.

OP
OP

mklinslc

Black Diamond
First Name
Michele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
**UPDATE**
I called on Saturday and was told that I needed to talk to Marketing who would be in on Monday and they gave me a different number. We called this morning at 6:00am MST (sat on hold for an hour before being disconnected and then called again and sat on hold for another hour). They processed the change without any questions. Said it would take 24 hours to see it on our Ford Bronco login. The number we called: 1-800-334-4375
Give it a shot!! Fingers crossed that it actually works! Good Luck!

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
**UPDATE**
I called on Saturday and was told that I needed to talk to Marketing who would be in on Monday and they gave me a different number. We called this morning at 6:00am MST (sat on hold for an hour before being disconnected and then called again and sat on hold for another hour). They processed the change without any questions. Said it would take 24 hours to see it on our Ford Bronco login. The number we called: 1-800-334-4375
Give it a shot!! Fingers crossed that it actually works! Good Luck!
Maybe they are just changing it now vs. opening a case, blah, blah, blah....Glad you posted.
Sponsored