Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody else kicking around changing trim levels at order time? I've been dead set on Badlands from the get go but I'm waffling on a Black Diamond with Squatch for two kinda crazy reasons. Im ordering Velocity blue and I like the blue trim handles and stuff in the interior (plus black and gray instead of all black) and I like the more traditional grill on the BD. With Squatch and my two options it still comes in $750 cheaper than the Badlands.
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Constantly. Every day I change my mind...
Base plus tons of fun stuff vs Black Diamond.
And until we see the actually ordering info, I will keep changing my mind. B&P has too many crazy errors for me to make my desicion.

OP
OP
TNcoupe

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Constantly. Every day I change my mind...
Base plus tons of fun stuff vs Black Diamond.
And until we see the actually ordering info, I will keep changing my mind. B&P has too many crazy errors for me to make my desicion.
Thought about base but as soon as I saw it had carpet it was out for me. Thats why Im getting a Bronco. I need something I can get in and out of without taking off my waders and felt bottom boots to change fishing spots.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO just get what you want. Every time I have tried to be cheap or save a buck, I end up still spending the money to get whatever it is to my spec. As it pertains to build and price I don’t think there are any issues. Some packages or features require other options to be checked. There are stipulations which you will find in the order guide or those that have already been posted in other documents. I think it is more about our society and people complaining. It also pertains to ignorance in the ordering process for most.

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I started as OBX 4 door 2.7 mid pkg.

I have morphed to a Badlands 2 dr, 2.7 mid package. I think I am going to pass on the squatch option, but not sure.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TNcoupe

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep trying to tell myself 33's will look ok, but at that the bd doesn't come with them $$$$ the more I look around badlands front wheel opening w/ 33's my brain keeps saying this was designed for 35's BD squatch for me, stock flares and rear bumper sides day 1.
I really don't want the 35s but I want the blue interior trim pieces and the retro grill so add that to the cost of the Badlands for me too.

Reactions: P.C
OP
OP
TNcoupe

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO just get what you want. Every time I have tried to be cheap or save a buck, I end up still spending the money to get whatever it is to my spec. As it pertains to build and price I don’t think there are any issues. Some packages or features require other options to be checked. There are stipulations which you will find in the order guide or those that have already been posted in other documents. I think it is more about our society and people complaining. It also pertains to ignorance in the ordering process for most.
There are no B&P issues for me cause I just want standard stuff. 2dr, 2.7 auto, roof rack, and trailer hitch with Badlands or BD with Squatch.

Dubfound

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have changed my mind about 97362 times. Started off with Bigbend however now between Black Diamond, Outer Banks and Badlands. One thing I do know is I won't be getting a Bigbend. Haha

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope.
B&P still has some serious issues. Add the $1400 mid pkg to a BD and it gives you a $1500 automatic transmission for free! So it's $100 less to get the auto AND upgraded mid pkg than it is to get an auto without mid pkg.

Sure, some of the complaining is ignorance and/or wishful thinking, but as a teacher my budget is tight and "get what you want" involves a lot of compromising that can't be completely sorted out until we see the order guides. I have have found enough errors in B&P to not be able to rely on it to make my final call.?

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope.
B&P still has some serious issues. Add the $1400 mid pkg to a BD and it gives you a $1500 automatic transmission for free! So it's $100 less to get the auto AND upgraded mid pkg than it is to get an auto without mid pkg.

Sure, some of the complaining is ignorance and/or wishful thinking, but as a teacher my budget is tight and "get what you want" involves a lot of compromising that can't be completely sorted out until we see the order guides. I have have found enough errors in B&P to not be able to rely on it to make my final call.?
I understand sometimes the “get what you want” doesn’t fit the equation. Think ahead to what you might do and that money will most assuredly be spent. As it pertains to the 10 speed. They purposely made it a no cost option to push you to mid and still get their money. That was done to push people that were thinking manual mid and higher into a badlands. I don’t think black diamond will be charged for the 10 speed with mid due to prior documentation. It has the same wording as a typical order guide for options/packages with stipulations. They will gain enough people maxing out their builds. I’m getting a 4 door. Between my selections for all models ; base (46k) bb (50k) bd (51k) bl (53k), bb and bl appeal most. Signature lights on black diamond would be cool but wouldn’t make sense bc the cost would be so close to a badlands. Bb is my budget build and badlands is my ideal build. My wife is a teacher. I understand.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I understand sometimes the “get what you want” doesn’t fit the equation. Think ahead to what you might do and that money will most assuredly be spent. As it pertains to the 10 speed. They purposely made it a no cost option to push you to mid and still get their money. That was done to push people that were thinking manual mid and higher into a badlands. I don’t think black diamond will be charged for the 10 speed with mid due to prior documentation. It has the same wording as a typical order guide for options/packages with stipulations. They will gain enough people maxing out their builds. I’m getting a 4 door. Between my selections for all models ; base (46k) bb (50k) bd (51k) bl (53k), bb and bl appeal most. Signature lights on black diamond would be cool but wouldn’t make sense bc the cost would be so close to a badlands. Bb is my budget build and badlands is my ideal build. My wife is a teacher. I understand.
I think you missed part of my point.
B&D is messed up!?
Ford is NOT going to charge LESS for a Black Diamond with an automatic and the added mid-package than they are going to charge for a Black Diamond with an automatic without mid. Yet B&P shows $1500 to add only the auto, and only $1400 TOTAL to add the auto AND the mid package. They are not going to PAY the customer $100 to take free heated seats and dual climate control, etc.

I've got a decent budget worked out (house will be paid off in 17 more months), but I want to optimize that budget to the last penny, and my nitpicky math teacher brain cannot do it without the ordering guide since B&P still has too many errors.?

Be extra nice to your wife. I am pretty sure nurses may be the only profession that has it tougher than teachers this particular year. Dreaming and planning for this Bronco is the only thing keeping me from jumping off a cliff.??

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, I'm definitely switching when it comes time to order. I reserved a Black Diamond, then went all-in on a Wildtrak, eyeballed the Badlands, then decided on a Big Bend, back to Wildtrak, then an Outer Banks...While still eyeballing the Badlands from time to time.

However, I am now back up to 99% certainty that it will be a Squatched OBX I end up ordering.

Garye

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh, I'm definitely switching when it comes time to order. I reserved a Black Diamond, then went all-in on a Wildtrak, eyeballed the Badlands, then decided on a Big Bend, back to Wildtrak, then an Outer Banks...While still eyeballing the Badlands from time to time.

However, I am now back up to 99% certainty that it will be a Squatched OBX I end up ordering.
I am getting an OBX with the stock 18” wheels and tires. I love the look of the bigger tires but not sure how handling would be as 99% of my driving will be hardtop driving. Does the Squatch suspension make for a harder ride around town or highways.

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am getting an OBX with the stock 18” wheels and tires. I love the look of the bigger tires but not sure how handling would be as 99% of my driving will be hardtop driving. Does the Squatch suspension make for a harder ride around town or highways.
I'm honestly not certain, it shouldn't be too bad though, I wouldn't think. There will most definitely be a hit to MPG numbers in comparison a stock OBX, and the 35s may be a bit sketchier in wintry conditions. Though, they're more of a hybrid M/T and A/T, and they look to at least be M+S rated.

Sadly, without ever having driven on 35s, or a Sasquatched Bronco I can't give you a solid answer. Sorry about that.

OP
OP
TNcoupe

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive driven an Early Bronco with a Detroit Locker and 37" bias ply Boggers....I can tell you what sketchy is like.
Sponsored