Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope.
B&P still has some serious issues. Add the $1400 mid pkg to a BD and it gives you a $1500 automatic transmission for free! So it's $100 less to get the auto AND upgraded mid pkg than it is to get an auto without mid pkg.

Sure, some of the complaining is ignorance and/or wishful thinking, but as a teacher my budget is tight and "get what you want" involves a lot of compromising that can't be completely sorted out until we see the order guides. I have have found enough errors in B&P to not be able to rely on it to make my final call.?
So I did a little digging on the auto with the mid package because it seems to be too good to be true. It was referenced in some dealer info....the auto being included in the mid package. Maybe for some reason it was more c out at effective that way, but it seems to be NOT a mistake as of now
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I did a little digging on the auto with the mid package because it seems to be too good to be true. It was referenced in some dealer info....the auto being included in the mid package. Maybe for some reason it was more c out at effective that way, but it seems to be NOT a mistake as of now
If it's not a mistake, then I feel sorry for the idiot who orders an automatic trans and pays $100 more than if he had asked for the mid-package and got the tranny for free.

OP
OP
TNcoupe

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it's not a mistake, then I feel sorry for the idiot who orders an automatic trans and pays $100 more than if he had asked for the mid-package and got the tranny for free.
That idiot would be me. No use for the Mid package. I hate bells and whistles. I need pedals and a steering wheel.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved a BB and will order a BD. Nuff said. ;)

Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right! The way I worked it out in my head is it almost guarantees that almost all BDs will be Auto with a Mid pack and that has to make it easy when it comes to production. Seems like they overdid it a bit on the models/options.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Reserved a 4dr Big Bend and originally wanted the 2.3L/MT, but after a few months to think it over I'm going to change to a Base and opt for the 2.7L/AT.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Right! The way I worked it out in my head is it almost guarantees that almost all BDs will be Auto with a Mid pack and that has to make it easy when it comes to production. Seems like they overdid it a bit on the models/options.
Well... Ford ended up losing $1400 from me. I'm getting a manual no matter what. I would have gotten the mid package to get the heated seats, but I don't want them bad enough to give up the stick shift. As a matter of fact, it might even push me back to base.

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anybody else kicking around changing trim levels at order time? I've been dead set on Badlands from the get go but I'm waffling on a Black Diamond with Squatch for two kinda crazy reasons. Im ordering Velocity blue and I like the blue trim handles and stuff in the interior (plus black and gray instead of all black) and I like the more traditional grill on the BD. With Squatch and my two options it still comes in $750 cheaper than the Badlands.
Yes....changing from OB TO WT

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was a dumbie and waited a day and a half to research the models before I reserved. So I’m sticking with my BL res.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mind me asking why....im doing the opposite and wondering your reason
They are both good options but for me the reasons for me to go Badlands are:
- I offroad so I want the sway bar disconnect
- I don’t like the gloss black grille and mirror caps
- I want the steel bumpers and even if I option out the WT, I can only get the front steel and the rear will be plastic
- I want the black door handles, not body color
- not sure I want the sticker/hood graphic
- if I option the Badlands out with 2.7 and squatch, high package and leather it’s basically the same price as a WT with leather, front bumper, rock rails, and high package so for same price I get the same plus the sway bar and a steel rear and the non glossy accents which I prefer

Both are good but comes down to some preferences.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anybody else kicking around changing trim levels at order time? I've been dead set on Badlands from the get go but I'm waffling on a Black Diamond with Squatch for two kinda crazy reasons. Im ordering Velocity blue and I like the blue trim handles and stuff in the interior (plus black and gray instead of all black) and I like the more traditional grill on the BD. With Squatch and my two options it still comes in $750 cheaper than the Badlands.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So just want to put this out there.

ford put something out a few weeks
Back saying that if you wanted to changed the model ( wild track to a bad lands for example ) you selected when you made your reservation that you would have to cancel your reservation and put in a new reservation with the new model.

This came out the same time ford said the cut off for 2021 reservations would be mid September and any reservations after that date in mid September would be for 2022 delivery.

not sure if that’s changed since then, but it seems relevant to this thread.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No changes for me. Bc of how they restrict certain packages it's BL or nothing.

I like the BD grill more but you can't get luxury and I don't like the blue accents.

BL has all my must haves: mgv, lux, rubber flooring. I like the orange accents with my cg paint
Sponsored