Sponsored

Chasing a Front Pass side door rattle - anyone else?

budnr22

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have aftermarket sub and when it hits certain bass frequencies I have a rattle on front passenger door. I did the window adjustment. I pulled the panel and added some dynamat and taped up everything I think could be causing the rattle. Even the plastic clips. But the rattle is still there. If I put a bit of pressure on the door panel the rattle goes away.

any ideas
Sponsored

Alassise

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have aftermarket sub and when it hits certain bass frequencies I have a rattle on front passenger door. I did the window adjustment. I pulled the panel and added some dynamat and taped up everything I think could be causing the rattle. Even the plastic clips. But the rattle is still there. If I put a bit of pressure on the door panel the rattle goes away.

any ideas
Remove the panel and play the same frequencies until you find the culprit. Then add more dynamat or anything that will make the part denser. If it is a panel, I will double the dynamat. I had the same issue with the tailgate and double it as much as I could, it reduced it but still there. Good luck!

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Check the passenger seatbelt. I've chased down multiple rattles that both times were the seatbelt rattling against the plastic.

OP
OP

budnr22

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check the passenger seatbelt. I've chased down multiple rattles that both times were the seatbelt rattling against the plastic.
this is great guidance. I am 75% sure I have ruled out the seatbelt but is always a suspect. Thank you

OP
OP

budnr22

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Remove the panel and play the same frequencies until you find the culprit. Then add more dynamat or anything that will make the part denser. If it is a panel, I will double the dynamat. I had the same issue with the tailgate and double it as much as I could, it reduced it but still there. Good luck!
I think this is the way. Good thinking. Thank you

duel007

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4-door Bronco Badlands Lux Non-Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you get this rattle squashed? I ruled out the seatbelt, and pressing on the door panel also stops mine. Doesn't sound like metal on metal.
Sponsored