Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet several Air Force personnel are on the Bronco waiting list, and they diverted a routine U2 training mission to fly over the MAP to try and identify if any of their Broncos had been built.
Reminds me of early on when forum members were sending their drones up over MAP to get spy shots for us. 😆
Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is from the Oshkosh air show this week. I know Ford had a display there with Broncos, AF guys must have convinced them to take one out to spot for the Dragon Lady

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The U2 has sliders on the tips. The pilot basically balances it on the center wheels until it’s stopped and then it just tips over.

Then they attach the wing wheels and the plane either taxis or gets tugged back.

No way anyone is leaning out the back window of a sports car to reattach an outrigger at 100+ mph.

;)
No no, I thought that they put the cars under the wings and then when the plane go to a stop they put the wheels back on. #sheesh. Doing that at speed.... #facepalm

KaneNorth

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet several Air Force personnel are on the Bronco waiting list, and they diverted a routine U2 training mission to fly over the MAP to try and identify if any of their Broncos had been built.

Hahaha I’m just imagining trying to take pictures of all the VINs with a fancy spy camera zoomed in from 70,000 feet up.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would have liked to see the top speed on the Bronco, but noooooo the cameraman just couldn't adjust a little to the left. :cry:

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Always thought this was the most interesting part of the U2. Meaning if a missile was ever developed to attack a U2 you couldn’t speed up or slow down. You can’t turn. You just have to dive to get somewhere we’re the margin between low /high speed stalls is larger.

When it was created, no surface to air missiles could reach the altitude it would at.... Until the Russians shot one down. Now we have satalites

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I used to build fence at WPAFB spent almost 2 years there, fenced in the munititons, the fuel depot, hopsital, main gates and a hell of alot of flight line fence. All I know is that I was told if I drove anywhere near the runways my best case scenario would be getting fired, but most likely shot. Infact I was nearly shot with an arrow, a real fancy sharp proper hunting kind. I heard a noise and looked 10 feet to my left and saw an arrow stuck in the fence. Must have been a stray while we fenced in the woods area near the river.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Russians are claiming they almost shot down an American spy Bronco over Murmansk. Claimed it was painted Cactus Green. The only "proof" offered was a couple pieces of honeycombed mic material that apparently fell off in flight. News at 11.
Typical propaganda. You can tell it’s not true because everyone knows the MIC top would have vaporized during re-entry.

Last edited:

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When it was created, no surface to air missiles could reach the altitude it would at.... Until the Russians shot one down. Now we have satalites
Satellites went up in 1959 as part of the Corona Program. The U2 got shot down in 1960. The first generation spy satellites could not do the instantaneous job that the U2 could do. 1st Gen satellites had to drop film canisters that needed retrieval. The current generation of spy satellites are capable of immensely more today. That is the most I can say without getting into classified areas.

Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is from the Oshkosh air show this week. I know Ford had a display there with Broncos, AF guys must have convinced them to take one out to spot for the Dragon Lady
I thought it was Oshkosh, and I know the U2 was there. Going there is on my bucket list.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought it was Oshkosh, and I know the U2 was there. Going there is on my bucket list.
I can tell by the dots on the runway, and of course all the airplanes parked in the grass.

I'm actually an air traffic controller and talked to the U2 when it left the airshow.

Definitely worth a trip up if you've never been

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs