Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Meant to post in towing section, sorry.
There are significant price variations for Bronco tow hitches on Amazon. I've seen options priced at $50 and others at around $100, supposedly of higher quality. Do you think opting for the cheaper version will significantly affect anything overtime? I'm inclined to invest the extra $50 for better quality, although it's hard to gauge since it's essentially just a piece of metal.
Examples for cheap and more expensive:
Cheap: https://www.amazon.com/JY-PERFORMANCE-Receiver-2021-2023-Trailer/dp/B0BVDDC2NX/ref=sr_1_10?crid=384SZGCEWZ68Q&keywords=bronco+tow+hitch&qid=1702751005&sprefix=,aps,125&sr=8-10
Expensive: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B9NPWBQH/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
Sponsored

Last edited:

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can’t say for certain on the metal of the two listed parts, but, metal is not just metal.
I wouldn’t cheap out on something like this, the lives of yourself and the others around you are at stake.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meant to post in towing section, sorry.
There are significant price variations for Bronco tow hitches on Amazon. I've seen options priced at $50 and others at around $100, supposedly of higher quality. Do you think opting for the cheaper version will significantly affect anything overtime? I'm inclined to invest the extra $50 for better quality, although it's hard to gauge since it's essentially just a piece of metal.
Examples for cheap and more expensive:
Cheap: https://www.amazon.com/JY-PERFORMANCE-Receiver-2021-2023-Trailer/dp/B0BVDDC2NX/ref=sr_1_10?crid=384SZGCEWZ68Q&keywords=bronco+tow+hitch&qid=1702751005&sprefix=,aps,125&sr=8-10
Expensive: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B9NPWBQH/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
I went with this hitch and it was very good quality plus the captive nuts are in the front which makes install a 5 minute job. The attachment for the wiring plug is also handy.

Amazon.com: RbhAuto 2 Inch Rear Trailer Hitch Receiver Kit for Ford Bronco 2021 2022 2023,Towing Trailer Hitch Receiver Class 3 Rear Bumper Tow Hitch Receiver with Cover Kit : Automotive

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Really depends on your use. If you are just using it as a carrier for a bike rack or hitch basket, then you can opt for a cheaper carrier. If you are actually using it to tow, then don't cheap out.

Sponsored

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well if you choose the cheap one, and only use it for a bike rack or something similar no issues until you maybe sell it or trade it in and the next person pulls a trailer and something happens.

Never go cheap on tires, brakes, and in this case tow hitches. You or someones life may depend on them.

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd like to say that the cheaper option would be fine, considering the fact that if it WASNT.. the manufacturer would quickly find themselves in a legal shitstorm..

That being said.. just buy a curt.

OP
OP
Benallen6

Benallen6

Base
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for all the replies. I don't currently plan on towing anything, but down the line there will probably be times. Think I'll go with the curt for the extra $50 to be safe!

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bought one with a list price of $109 on Black Friday for $30, and I'm sure it's not a $109 hitch, but more like the many that are $59-$79 and look identical; we all know many vendors sell the same parts on Amazon. I'm only using it for a carrier so I'm OK with a IAG or like vendor, which is what I got.

The hitch is DOT certified and appears to be of same quality I've seen on other Broncos.

It's a pretty simple design hence the cheap prices available and since the bronco can't tow anything heavy, you don't need a HD/anti-sway type hitch.

Funny note: We were camping in Anza Borrego with a group of Broncos owners and at our site, due to very limited parking space, I parked the Bronco in front of the 20ft Air Stream that we brought with another tow vehicle. I had backed the Bronco right up to the hitch, and a couple of fellow Bronco owners asked, "Did you tow that! HERE? With YOUR BRONCO?"

It was funny to mess with them and act oblivious regarding pulling that monster (for a bronco) behind a 2dr 2.3 manual Bronco... Over a small mountain on a twisty road, "What could go wrong?" o_O:unsure::oops::ROFLMAO:

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Go OEM.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I own the Curt because $110 isn't much money for me for something name brand, and my use is only bike rack type stuff. Also consider the bolt hardware that's coming with the cheapo. That junk may rust in one season.
Sponsored