First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since a late October software update my '21 now randomly has a cricket chirping sound that comes from up front. I'm guessing from the speakers. It's completely random. May be 10 mins into driving or right after I start it up it will chirp once and that's that. Sometimes depending on how long I'm in it, I may hear it 2 or 3 times. Has anyone else experienced this? I tried looking it up in the forums and generally online, but I haven't seen anything.
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you added a windshield video camera by chance? I have a cam installed on my windshield that is powered through the rear view mirror. It occasionally gives out a chirp at traffic stops and starts if it senses vehicles are to close. BTW, today, for the first time, I received an audio and visual dash alert stating a possible vehicle collision. I was under the posted speed limit (40) and the vehicle in front was making a left and about 75 feet ahead of me. I was never close to any situation, but this was the first time I ever received this type of warning.

Jander76

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a setting in the infotainment that says something about chirping in the features or settings, make find answers there.

OP
OP
Philvis77

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have you added a windshield video camera by chance? I have a cam installed on my windshield that is powered through the rear view mirror. It occasionally gives out a chirp at traffic stops and starts if it senses vehicles are to close. BTW, today, for the first time, I received an audio and visual dash alert stating a possible vehicle collision. I was under the posted speed limit (40) and the vehicle in front was making a left and about 75 feet ahead of me. I was never close to any situation, but this was the first time I ever received this type of warning.
No mirror update on my end. Thanks though!

OP
OP
Philvis77

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is a setting in the infotainment that says something about chirping in the features or settings, make find answers there.
Thanks, I'll check that out!
Sponsored