Sponsored

Navigation - Reverts to 3D Each Time I Start Vehicle Since OTA Software Update - Anybody Else?

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I usually set my navigation to 2D track up and it stays there every time I start my Bronco. But, ever since the OTA update a few days ago it is reverting to 3D track up every time I start up. I never had this problem before and it is doing the same now in my F-150 since it was updated. Is anybody else having this problem?
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was doing it before the "update" and I was hoping the "update" fixed it, no joy.

Drives me insane, 2D North Up is the only sensible way to navigate!

OP
OP
Riverjeep

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine was doing it before the "update" and I was hoping the "update" fixed it, no joy.

Drives me insane, 2D North Up is the only sensible way to navigate!
Driving me crazy also, hopefully a future update corrects it, navigation should stay in whatever mode is your preference unless you change it.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's weird as it never did that before, I really only noticed it a few months ago.

OP
OP
Riverjeep

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's weird as it never did that before, I really only noticed it a few months ago.
Mine just started after latest update.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve found that numerous things change after I’ve set them. The interior floor lighting for one. I always set them to on and at the brightest setting. But I always have to go back in and turn them back on after a few days. Had automatic updates on for certain times. Checked yesterday and they were turned off too. Nav changes as well.

OP
OP
Riverjeep

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve found that numerous things change after I’ve set them. The interior floor lighting for one. I always set them to on and at the brightest setting. But I always have to go back in and turn them back on after a few days. Had automatic updates on for certain times. Checked yesterday and they were turned off too. Nav changes as well.
My navigation issue has only started happening after the OTA update, same thing in my F-150 that I have owned for a year now. Certain things like goat mode are programmed to return to normal with each start but this is new.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the fun ones that I’ve acquired: Speedo, in KM/H. Vehicle setting for units, in KM/L/100…

Anytime I punch in a destination into Nav, the turn by turn is in Miles, and the overall distance to arrival is in Miles.

I have to go to Settings, General, Units, change from KM/L/100 to M/MPG, and then back to KMs. It’ll only hold for that vehicle boot though

56huck

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have he same issue and it’s frustrating. I took it to my dealer for warranty repair. They replaced the nav module and it’s still reverts to 3d track up, instead of 2d north up.

OP
OP
Riverjeep

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have he same issue and it’s frustrating. I took it to my dealer for warranty repair. They replaced the nav module and it’s still reverts to 3d track up, instead of 2d north up.
I'm pretty sure this is a software glitch as it is also doing it in my F-150 and only started doing it after one of the latest OTA updates.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Riverjeep

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It appears that my F-150 has been corrected with the 4.2.2 update and doesn't look like the Bronco has that one yet so still going to 3D.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Updated ours last night and no joy, still jacked up. Wonder how you can provide feedback on issues like this?

OP
OP
Riverjeep

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Updated ours last night and no joy, still jacked up. Wonder how you can provide feedback on issues like this?
If yours is like mine you don't have the 4.2.2 yet. In the F-150 I got a get ready update and then I got the 4.2.2 update. On the Bronco I only got the get ready update.
Sponsored