First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Expedition, 2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue or not. I have the plastic fender flares with the sasquatch package so I expected mud and rocks to sling up but i can't seem to get them cleaned. I haven't taken it "off-roading" really. All the mud I've picked up from my short dirt driveway and anything on the highway. Washed it first with a soft wash mitt, soap and water and it dried like the photos. I tried a harder sponge and scrubbed it pretty hard and today I took it to a car wash and used the pressure washer and still no change. The dark spot on the fender is just a wet spot I tried to clean with my thumb. It dried like everything else. Thanks in advance.

20210905_081239.jpg
Try getting a plastic safe all purpose cleaner. Gtechniq W5 is pretty intense and cleans very well. Spray it on the fender and take a stiff bristle brush and give it a good scrubby scrub. If it doesn't come all the way out, just repeat a couple of times, working in small sections. Wash, rinse and dry.

For longer protection, try applying Gtechniq C4 Trim Restorer, great product, rejuvenates plastics, darkens finish, provides a level of protection and water repellency. Some suggested Trim Solution. That is also a good product, very messy though. Have to be more diligent in it's application. It uses suspended charcoal powder that soaks in to the plastic pores to bring it back to life. However I would recommend trying to remove the stains first. Trim Solution is a dressing, it doesn't remove stains.
Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve used a melamine foam block (magic eraser) for some things like this on black plastic.

JBTHERAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Highlander, ‘15 Taurus, ‘18 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue or not. I have the plastic fender flares with the sasquatch package so I expected mud and rocks to sling up but i can't seem to get them cleaned. I haven't taken it "off-roading" really. All the mud I've picked up from my short dirt driveway and anything on the highway. Washed it first with a soft wash mitt, soap and water and it dried like the photos. I tried a harder sponge and scrubbed it pretty hard and today I took it to a car wash and used the pressure washer and still no change. The dark spot on the fender is just a wet spot I tried to clean with my thumb. It dried like everything else. Thanks in advance.

20210905_081239.jpg
I was able to remove my stains with Folex (carpet spot remover). It worked extremely well. Sprayed on agitated it with a toothbrush, let it set for maybe a minute and rinsed off. When dry, ceramic coated them with Adams Graphene. I’m completely satisfied with the results.

343FA3B1-B9F2-4F5F-9467-C29B5BB51E42.jpeg

JBTHERAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Highlander, ‘15 Taurus, ‘18 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also, Spray and Wash (laundry) worked as well.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Someone said to try Scrubbing Bubbles.

Sponsored

Jewelsland

Big Bend
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Ford Bronco Cleaning help! Can't remove marks off plastic fender flares 343FA3B1-B9F2-4F5F-9467-C29B5BB51E42
Had the same problem. A small scrub brush and dawn dishsoap did the best cleaning job, but it still looked stained and sun bleached. After cleaning it, I put on the chemical guys VRP as recommended in other comments and that did the trick. It looks beautiful, new and nice and shiny black!

Wilbur's son

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Someone said to try Scrubbing Bubbles.
That is what I use. I picked up some manure slop from a cattle trailer. That spray was on both flares and rock rails. Scrubbing Bubbles cleaned it right off.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i heard you can get that stain out with Tide bleach and a steel sponge.
Not sure if this was a joke but do not do this.
Sponsored