Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco/2008 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any harm in using WD40 on plastic? Would tire shine accomplish the same thing, or is that not recommended on plastic? Thank you.
I use tire foam stuff on my older plain jane ranger with the black plastic grille and bumper same as the wd40 on the flares it looks good for a little while and back to the faded look.
Sponsored

OP
OP
nabronco21

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wd40 is like my franks red hot I put that shit on everything. 🤣

OP
OP
nabronco21

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

303 Aerospace protection works the very best for me, you can get it on Amazon
I might give it a try a couple others have mentioned it too. Thanks

Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm going to try this
One bottle did my fenders and front and rear bumpers and they look new and stay looking like new. I took fenders off and cleaned them really good then applied. Amazing results.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is the age-old question and anyone who has owned a Wrangler (and is being honest) will tell you that the results from any of the aforementioned products is temporary at best. The more you use them - and see how good they can look for a day or two after cleaning and application - the more you’ll want to use them.

That being said, I’ll give Chemical Guys the edge on this. If nothing else, their videos and social media game is far beyond the competition. 😂

Reactions: 0ne

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
No lotions and potions will work, they’re porous as heck and it’s an off-roader so they’re built to absorb impacts…and there’s so much crap in the air/atmosphere that you’re fighting a lo$ing battle so just replace them when they get horrible or paint them.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WD 40 isn't oil based. I use it for a lot of things. boots & leather, clean shower doors etc.
WD 40 is derived from fish oil diluted in a solvent (look it up). I don't like to use it on petroleum based plastics (like plastic fenders and trim) because, over time it will dry out the plastic as the solvent thins and removes oils from within the plastic. I prefer 303.

In this case I highly recommend coating the fenders with SEM trim black. It's easier to clean, doesn't spot up like I've seen the current fenders and if it does scratch you can give it a quick spray to fix (put a piece of cardboard between the fender and the truck paint). I use it on my 911 trim and M3. It's popular on those models' forums. It's a great product.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is going to sound weird but I read a while back that a white eraser works well on taking stuff off black plastic, and I tried it once to remove excess polish from some black plastic and it actually worked. If you have one laying around you should try it out but I would try it on a hidden piece of the fender first.
The 'white eraser' is actually a very fine sandpaper (around 1000 grit). It works well at removing surface scuffs and dirt but be careful on polished items as it will dull them.

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No lotions and potions will work, they’re porous as heck and it’s an off-roader so they’re built to absorb impacts…and there’s so much crap in the air/atmosphere that you’re fighting a lo$ing battle so just replace them when they get horrible or paint them.
I am sorry but you are so very wrong here. Cerkote trim coating will last better than a year and look brand new the entire time. Clean and dry thoroughly and follow the directions. The door handles and hood to windshield trim look brand new on my 2009 Silverado. With plastics being a regular part of design language a good ceramic for this purpose is essential. AmmoNY also has frame pro that also does the business.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 'white eraser' is actually a very fine sandpaper (around 1000 grit). It works well at removing surface scuffs and dirt but be careful on polished items as it will dull them.
Sorry I should've clarified that I meant a white pencil eraser, not the white magic erasers.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clean and dry thoroughly and follow the directions.
I have personal mental problems with this…if the touch-less carwash I drive through every few days doesn’t work will you come out to Colorado once a year to do it for me? Pretty please 🥺

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs