First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad they called out the fuel economy as an Achilles heel in their review. It really is quite miserable how low the range is for the 2.3L on even the lightest model with more narrow tires.

Ford providing a serious response to the Wrangler 4xE would immediately make me want to trade in my currently ordered Bronco for it.
Sponsored

BroncoBoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lets be honest, they're both fucking awesome and nothing else compares to a Wrangler or a Bronco lol. Boxy trucks that actually look and act like trucks > every other melted bar of soap bullshit automobile currently on the market.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bet over on the JL forums they are saying this is a paid for review.
I bet there was a prominent thread titled: "What about the Wrangler brings out all the haters???"

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

"Second year of production"

I'm happy for a good review but prefer a real review over a fluff piece.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I bet over on the JL forums they are saying this is a paid for review.
So far it hasn't even been mentioned - neither has the Motor Trend article.
Honestly, there are a few salty guys over there that can't stand the idea of something being competitive with the Wrangler - God forbid their choice isn't the only correct one - but for the most part, Wrangler owners are 'car guys' first and are happy to see the 'other' iconic off roader brought back. I'm happy the Bronco has turned out well - but it doesn't make me love my Wrangler any less.

Sponsored

TennesseePA

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2008 ES350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco for me was an easy choice. I always wanted a 2door wrangler in theory but never wanted to deal with the on-road "character" they are known for. I'm quite interested in the Gladiator i have ordered to lease until my bronco arrives because I think the longer wheelbase will help stabilize the jeep's manners, but what I really want is a 2door, and I just don't see myself ever being happy with a 2door wrangler daily. I think the 2 door bronco will be a much easier daily.
I have a Gladiator and really like it. Problem is the cab is so small that it is only comfortable for two people to travel in. Wife is buried under bags of snacks and the kids are crammed in the back. My kids are 15 and 17 so they need a little space.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bronco for me was an easy choice. I always wanted a 2door wrangler in theory but never wanted to deal with the on-road "character" they are known for. I'm quite interested in the Gladiator i have ordered to lease until my bronco arrives because I think the longer wheelbase will help stabilize the jeep's manners, but what I really want is a 2door, and I just don't see myself ever being happy with a 2door wrangler daily. I think the 2 door bronco will be a much easier daily.
I have both. The Bronco certainly tracks better on the freeway and is more composed at higher speeds. On the other hand, I actually prefer driving the Gladiator around town. It has a more upright seating, better visibility, feels smaller, the steering wheel isn't as stiff (feels lighter). The Bronco feels huge, almost like a fill sized truck. You get used to it but that hood is big. Obviously I prefer the Bronco V6, but my gladiator is regeared, so it has a lot of off the line torque and feels peppy. The Bronco still takes the cake here though. Both have 35" tires and have terrible MPG, almost exactly the same.

I would also choose the 2door bronco over the Wrangler. Certainly a better daily driver.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure you cannot use the Bronco's ACC in stop-and-go traffic. Is that right?

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 11.21.43 AM.png
I’d like to know if this was changed for 22 as well

Sponsored

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just don't see myself ever being happy with a 2door wrangler daily.
The 2 door really depends on the local roads. I run mine @ 80 on the freeway daily and it's solid as a rock. But I have great roads. If you have a lot of expansion seams or just consistently rough roads in general it can be quite skittish because of the SFA & short wheel base - the Bronco will win that battle all day every day.

The biggest cause of 'wander' in the Wrangler is too low castor. If it's under 5.5 degree's (6 to 6.5 is best) you just won't track well. That's why the Rubi's actually track worse than the lower trims. The have a 2ish inch lift from the factory, but use the same lower control arms....

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The headline of this article should have been:
"Are you willing to wait for the Bronco and then pay for the privilege?"

Because its all fine & dandy but every day as I cannot resist the temptation to log into this forum & search for clues about how Ford will build reservations first.... in my mind the big echoing voice rumbles out the deadly words of my dealer "I'm sorry to be the barer of bad news but it will be many years until you receive your Bronco". Meaning of course, I won't. I know - boo hoo, but I'm still pissed off about this whole stinking cluster fuck & it will be some time before I'm not so sore about it!! Probly when I buy something else NOT Ford.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First let me say my build week is 12/13…. I hear people criticize the Jeep for steering….I guess maybe I’m lucky I have zero issues. With the Jeep I’m getting consistently 28 - 29 mpg on the highway and 24 mpg around town. I personally find my Jeep to be comfortable and fun to drive off road and on the highway. The one touch roof is awesome…compared to Jeep hardtop to bad this isn’t an option on the Bronco. I’ve ridden in the Bronco Badlands in MOAB…it was awesome 4dr 2.7…seemed really capable in sand dunes and rock climbing etc…I’ve driven a 2.3 with manual trans….not my thing. Yes, I’m looking forward to owning both vehicles so that I can do an honest review….stay tuned.

Alienpilot

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (2-Dr)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love my 2-DR 2019 Wrangler Rubicon. It has been my daily driver since 2019. Before it was a 2018 Wrangler and a 2003 Wrangler X. I come from a family of Bronco's....1982 and 1986 XLT's.

I have a BadLands Sasquatch on order and I do not intend to trade in my Wrangler for it. I will drive both for at least ninety days and whichever wins at the end, I will keep and the other sold.

First impressions, I like my Wranglers interior much better. I haven't drove the Bronco, but I know it will handle better on the highway (99% of my driving).
For what I do offroad, it wouldn't matter either way. NO way am I bashing a new $50K vehicle into rocks. That's what used cars are for.
The only offroading I have done with my Rubi, I used my sway bar disconnect and it made the ride so much more tolerable. Reason's why I'm going with a Badlands in lieu of a Black Diamond.

I think both vehicles are amazing, I don't want to pick one over the other, but we will see once I have delivery of my Bronco and put it through it's tests (Grocery getting, driving to work.... you know, all that realistic stuff that you barely see on this forum).
Sponsored