First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is anyone considering this part? Has anyone installed it? If so, comments? Power increases of 9% or 21% sound interesting.

Screenshot.png
Sponsored

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I understood their description correctly, I believe their "increases" of 9% and 21% are just of airflow increases and not power increases. And it seems that might be while in a test environment and not necessarily installed in the Bronco.

It's possible you could see some good power if you combine this and a tune, but I don't think you'd get that off the intake alone.

OP
OP
Wilbur's son

Wilbur's son

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I understood their description correctly, I believe their "increases" of 9% and 21% are just of airflow increases and not power increases. And it seems that might be while in a test environment and not necessarily installed in the Bronco.

It's possible you could see some good power if you combine this and a tune, but I don't think you'd get that off the intake alone.
Maybe those percentages apply to quicker throttle responses also. But I think you are right, have to combine with a tune.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I used Cobb products before on my Subaru WRX. To get the most bang for your buck you really do need a tune. On the Subaru it was actually required to use the products. I'm glad that's not the case with the Bronco, but they are great well made products.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used Cobb products before on my Subaru WRX. To get the most bang for your buck you really do need a tune. On the Subaru it was actually required to use the products. I'm glad that's not the case with the Bronco, but they are great well made products.
My friend installed the cai I got him for his birthday and car wouldn’t start with the stock tune (‘16 sti)

its really no joke

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is anyone considering this part? Has anyone installed it? If so, comments? Power increases of 9% or 21% sound interesting.

Ford Bronco COBB Intake system airbox Screenshot
I'm hoping this means they are one step closer to coming out with the AccessPort tune for the Bronco. They have one for the 2.3L Mustang. I have my AP and I'm just itching to swap it to a tune for our Bronco. Was a great piece of kit on my 135M. Already asked them about the swap and it's $35 to swap the registration. (y)
I believe WheresMyBronco is correct based on this;
"Removing restriction and giving your Ford Bronco more airflow is key to increased performance and throttle response in all driving scenarios and with our testing, we saw an increase of ~9% over stock when using the sealed clear polycarbonate window and ~21% when using the open aluminum mesh window attachment."
No HP promises. I would definitely buy their tune first.

GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm hoping this means they are one step closer to coming out with the AccessPort tune for the Bronco. They have one for the 2.3L Mustang. I have my AP and I'm just itching to swap it to a tune for our Bronco. Was a great piece of kit on my 135M. Already asked them about the swap and it's $35 to swap the registration. (y)
I believe WheresMyBronco is correct based on this;
"Removing restriction and giving your Ford Bronco more airflow is key to increased performance and throttle response in all driving scenarios and with our testing, we saw an increase of ~9% over stock when using the sealed clear polycarbonate window and ~21% when using the open aluminum mesh window attachment."
No HP promises. I would definitely buy their tune first.
With the government getting tough on tunes, w/hefty fines, I think Software Tunes days are numbered.

GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went and ordered the Cobb Intake System for my 2.3L BD. It was on sale.

I considered the Roush, but I couldn't find it under $425, while the Cobb was on sale for Tax Day for $335.

I'll post pictures when I install it.

No plans to mess w/the software.

I've used Cobb products in the past on my Focus ST and Fiesta ST, including their Cat Back Exhaust. No complaints.

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Reading thru their install instructions it's just a top cover and the filter along with an optional diverter. IMO I'd just order their filter for a little more flow unless you want to run the open top but then it's going to ingest hot air from the engine bay.

Sponsored

GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
... or simply drill the air box for that matter.

Besides driving offroad, especially here where I live, it's dusty as all hell.

I installed a Dry and Disposable S&B last fall, and it's already dirty.

This Cobb was on sale so I figured to give it a try, though the filter isn't dry, but oiled, and can be cleaned.

Last edited:

Jacoozzie

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ford Bronco COBB Intake system airbox Screenshot
I actually just got this installed yesterday. I will say driving it around I noticed a slight difference in throttle response. Prior to installing, I had put 20k miles on the 2.7L and thought it was time for an engine air filter change, went ahead and purchased the cobb intake. Super simple install. I noticed with the stock filter the throttle seemed a bit jumpy from launch in normal mode. After the cobb install I noticed the jumpiness was much less present, felt more linear when pressing the pedal. Could be overthinking it, and maybe a placebo effect, but who knows. Overall it installed easy, they have a 10.4% discount plus 15% military discount so I was happy.

GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, I got my Cobb Intake System Airbox installed today.

It was very easy, w/no issues, other than perhaps pushing in, and installing the physical filter inside the box.

I just replaced my air filter last August and it was already quite dirty.

The Cobb is very well made, and very good quality. The filter element is around twice the size of the stock one by being elongated rather than round.

Why did I go w/the Cobb over say the Roush? Cost!
The Cobb was $335 on Cobb's website, while the Roush was around $435.

I've also had experience Cobb products in the past on my Ford Focus ST and had no issues there.

Ford Bronco COBB Intake system airbox IMG_0661

Ford Bronco COBB Intake system airbox IMG_0663

Ford Bronco COBB Intake system airbox IMG_0669

Ford Bronco COBB Intake system airbox IMG_0672

Ford Bronco COBB Intake system airbox IMG_0674

Ford Bronco COBB Intake system airbox IMG_0676

Ford Bronco COBB Intake system airbox IMG_0677

Ford Bronco COBB Intake system airbox IMG_0679

Ford Bronco COBB Intake system airbox IMG_0680

Ford Bronco COBB Intake system airbox IMG_0681

Ford Bronco COBB Intake system airbox IMG_0682

Ford Bronco COBB Intake system airbox IMG_0685

Last edited:

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This design kind of reinforces the thinking that the OEM setup isn't as bad as many claim.
Sponsored