Sponsored

Code Orange Main Paint Color - Do you think it's ever coming back?

LSW

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Wildtrak, 2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm thinking of upgrading my little Sport to a Bronco, and love the code orange color. Do you think the 2023 Bronco Raptor is going to be the last chance to get one in this color for a long time or will they reintroduce it? The raptor is a lot of money but I've had my Bronco Sport stuck up here in Alaska winters a few times because our roads don't always get plowed and would prefer something more capable. It seems that over time most car models get fewer and fewer color options and they rarely start introducing more, so I'm getting a bit of FOMO (fear of missing out) if I don't go for a '23 braptor in code orange now. It seems a few places are selling them for MSRP now, at least. Sorry if this has been asked before but just wanted to get the latest info in case someon has some inside knowledge.

Also, any thoughts on yay or nay on the body graphics? I know they can be fairly easily removed. They're a bit juvenile/garish but I figured I'd go for one with them and remove later if I can't stand them.
Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Depends on your definition of a long time. It is gone until 2025 at this point.

Do you really need to go all the way to the Braptor to achieve what you need?

A Full size Bronco Sasquatch would give you alot more than the sport ever could. It's your money through so if you feel the need to spend the extra 20-30k more power to you.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on your definition of a long time. It is gone until 2025 at this point.

Do you really need to go all the way to the Braptor to achieve what you need?

A Full size Bronco Sasquatch would give you alot more than the sport ever could. It's your money through so if you feel the need to spend the extra 20-30k more power to you.
Yes ^

Find yourself a Wildtrak or BL in Shadow Black. Take it straight to the wrap shop and you’ll be pleased to have saved $25k.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Does seem like not the best decision to get a Braptor for a bit more snowy road capability and FOMO for Code Orange. Don't get me wrong I had FOMO myself on the CO but decided on the Braptor long ago.

As noted above, any Bronco with Advanced 4WD, some good snow tires and an orange wrap seems like a great choice.

OP
OP
LSW

LSW

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks all, I went by the dealership today and checked out a Maverick in hot pepper just for comparison. That color seemed close enough to an Orange that I decided to just order a 4 door wildtrak in that color. No deposit required so time will tell if the dealership will honor MSRP, but I guess no harm no foul if I walk away when it comes in sometime next year. Doesn't really matter if I have to wait 9 months.

Of course even the wildtrak isn't really necessary, just like the raptor I just think they're cool and have wanted a bronco since I was kid and rode around in my Dad's 88 model all the time. I do live in a city though so at the end of the day the raptor's width probably would've been a little cumbersome.

Last edited:

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No deposit required so time will tell if the dealership will honor MSRP, but I guess no harm no foul if I walk away when it comes in sometime next year. Doesn't really matter if I have to wait 9 months.
If you want your vehicle at MSRP get s SIGNED purchase agreement from the dealer, PERIOD. Way too much risk for a surprise mark up if you don't. We've seen this same story again and again here. It's a big purchase, treat it like one and be formal with things written and signed.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I initially ordered my Raptor in Code Orange and after sleeping on my decision for 1 night, I called my dealer and switched to Shadow Black.

Code Orange is an awesome color for sure but, if I want to call attention to myself, there are better ways…

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back in the 70’s Dodge introduced “high impact colors” like Hemi Orange, Detonator Yellow, Furious Fuscia, Plum Crazy Purple (aka PCP), Sublime Green, etc.

Over the years (2008-2023) they released these various colors on the newer versions. I always thought Sublime Green was the one I wanted. It was available in 2015 & 2019 then went away until the 2023 Last Call (final production year) editions. Coincidentally in 2019, they introduced a 1320 Scat Pack. Production ranged from a couple hundred to about 700, depending on the exact year (2019-2023). There is 1320’ in a quarter mile hence the name. It was setup like the infamous Demon, but naturally aspirated instead of super charged. Some enthusiasts call them “baby Demons”. Currently it holds the record for fastest 1/4 mile of a factory muscle car that is naturally aspirated. Demons hold it for super charged.

All that blabbing to say, I snagged a 2023 Sublime 1320. Very rare car. Total production of 1320’s are expected to be < 3,000 making them more rare (but probably not as desirable) as Demons. Few Sublime greens were made across all years and models but < 100 Sublime 1320’s were made prior to 2023.

Of course it will probably take a lifetime for the quantities to have any impact meaning on value, as far as dollars goes.

However, blasting down the road in that baby is thrilling to say the least. The color, the power, etc. It’s just a cool car. However, it’s a love/hate color. People see you coming a mile away. LEO knows you. Neighbors know you. If you live in a smaller town, they likely know you. Lots of randoms will likely stare and start conversations.

If you have the personality to match the boldness of the color and don’t mind the extra attention then impact colors are more exciting to own than normal colors IMO. If not, it’s horrible to own. Also, unless you wrap, you can’t do much to change or mask the color if trends change. So make sure you love it and it’s not just a fad for you.

As far as graphics in the Braptor, I think they look goofy as hell. I like various stripes, etc on select vehicles so it’s mostly the design I don’t like.

Sounds like you went with a WT in hot pepper. They had a few of those when I was buying and I liked but preferred cyber orange myself and wasn’t sure I would like it long term. So I went really boring and got silver, lol.

Ford Bronco Code Orange Main Paint Color - Do you think it's ever coming back? IMG_5318

Ford Bronco Code Orange Main Paint Color - Do you think it's ever coming back? IMG_0030

OP
OP
LSW

LSW

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you want your vehicle at MSRP get s SIGNED purchase agreement from the dealer, PERIOD. Way too much risk for a surprise mark up if you don't. We've seen this same story again and again here. It's a big purchase, treat it like one and be formal with things written and signed.
I did get a signed order form (which isn't a purchase agreement I guess), and I told them flat out repeatedly that I'd walk away if they added anything over what we agreed. I actually was kind of wanting to wait for 2025 model year if I was going to get a non-raptor but since they didn't want any deposit money I figurfed, what the heck and ordered a '24 and don't really care when if it gets here next month or in November. Maybe they're counting on me being gullible and will try to strong arm me when it arrives, but time will tell.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I did get a signed order form (which isn't a purchase agreement I guess)
The document from my dealer is called a buyers order and list vehicle, price, some T&C's and was signed by the sales person.

Sponsored

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did get a signed order form (which isn't a purchase agreement I guess), and I told them flat out repeatedly that I'd walk away if they added anything over what we agreed. I actually was kind of wanting to wait for 2025 model year if I was going to get a non-raptor but since they didn't want any deposit money I figurfed, what the heck and ordered a '24 and don't really care when if it gets here next month or in November. Maybe they're counting on me being gullible and will try to strong arm me when it arrives, but time will tell.
Does it have the AGREED to price and signed by both parties? And did the sales person or manager have authority to legally bind the dealership? If not, it does little to protect you. Sure, you can walk on the deal if they don’t honor but you are also out the time you waited and the frustration of the matter.

A few states consider verbal agreements legally binding, but very few.

Kudos to all you ordering and waiting. I’m too impatient. I build how I want online and then use the vehicle locator to find what I want. This may mean going out of state or having the vehicle trailered in but you can usually negotiate the deal so it’s not a meaningful impact to the big picture.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Make sure you drive a BR before making the decision to go with another model..... it's night and day. better suspension, wider axles, power, dash cluster the list is long.... there are used one showing up now too....

OP
OP
LSW

LSW

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does it have the AGREED to price and signed by both parties? And did the sales person or manager have authority to legally bind the dealership? If not, it does little to protect you. Sure, you can walk on the deal if they don’t honor but you are also out the time you waited and the frustration of the matter.

A few states consider verbal agreements legally binding, but very few.

Kudos to all you ordering and waiting. I’m too impatient. I build how I want online and then use the vehicle locator to find what I want. This may mean going out of state or having the vehicle trailered in but you can usually negotiate the deal so it’s not a meaningful impact to the big picture.
Yes, the order form with price was signed by the Manager but I have no expectation that any of that is legally binding. I'll just leave and never darken their door again if they mark it up. There is actually the exact Wildtrak I ordered sitting at a nearby dealership in antoher town, but it's listed with a 2,500 Dealer Markup so I didn't even bother. The dealer I ordered from had a few Badlands on the lot listed at MSRP and no markup so it doesn't seem like they're doing that. Of course that doesn't mean they don't spring it on people at the last second at closing, but who knows.

Make sure you drive a BR before making the decision to go with another model..... it's night and day. better suspension, wider axles, power, dash cluster the list is long.... there are used one showing up now too....
Well, if that will be a possiblity if my wildtrak falls through! There are a bunch of '23 code oranges listed at MSRP, one at a dealer we bought our current '23 OBX from that made us a good deal.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is actually the exact Wildtrak I ordered sitting at a nearby dealership in antoher town, but it's listed with a 2,500 Dealer Markup so I didn't even bother.
Remember, that’s an ASK price. You can always OFFER below MSRP. Where it closes is what matters.

My dealer started out $5k above sticker. I said no way and spent a week negotiating. At the end I was below MSRP.

So don’t be afraid to negotiate. Worst case, they say no and you get the one you ordered at MSRP assuming your other dealer stays true to his word.

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here is my recommendation. Wait until MY25.
A mid-cycle refresh is expected. You will have better options to choose from.
They have already spied the MY25 Bronco Sport: https://fordauthority.com/2023/11/r...o-sport-badlands-potentially-spotted-testing/

As far as Raptor goes, Code Orange is a retired FP color. It is being replaced with Shelter Green, which honestly, I think is a cooler color. Would not recommend the graphics package. Warthog just looks better without the graphics IMO.

Ultimately it’s your decision, but keep this In mind. Going from Bronco Sport to Bronco Base Program is a big jump. Likewise, going from Base Program to Warthog is another big jump. Warthog was made by a completely different team and you will immediately notice a big difference In performance.

Good luck on your decision!

Sponsored