Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Okay, I have my ‘22 Big Bend Bronco ordered in Area 51. From the many, many pictures I have seen on here I absolutely love the bluish gray color. Super unique and subtle. But, I have never seen it in person. Curious if there are folks out there who ordered their Bronco sight unseen and either regretted their color choice or absolutely fell in love with it once they saw it (any color, doesn’t have to be Area 51). Any and all feedback is appreciated - thanks!
You need only go back to the pre-Build & Price days (before MY21 B&P) to look up dozens upon dozens of threads dissecting every single option for every single model of Bronco.

You've curiositied (not a word) right into the way-back-machine and re-ignited the forums passion for new threads on old subjects.

But in the American spirit of wanting to be an individual (just like the other 329,999,999 Americans!), i'll just say this "Yes, you're the first person to ever feel this way or be concerned about your vehicle color choice, especially on the Bronco forum. Change your order to black, white or silver so you don't end up with something you hate".
Sponsored

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really like velocity blue but my VW R32 is a very similar color and I didn't want 2 cars with the same color so I picked A51. I saw A51 at the Off Roadeo in person and I loved that it looks really good when dusty or dirty so that sealed it for me. I think its a popular color because it's a really good color.

OP
OP
adk749

adk749

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm trying to understand why so many people on here ask what kind of wheels, what color, what model etc. Or "Hey guys help me build my Bronco" wow! Build whatever you want! It's yours.
I guess lots of people nowadays spend thousands after the purchase to impress other people.
Yeah I'm old,...less is more. I do it foe me only.
My original post was asking if anyone had any regrets or feedback on their color choice. Not being able to see the car on the lot, like a typical purchase, makes it difficult. Colors often look very different on a computer screen than in person. I purchased a 1999 Acura Integra in Supersonic Blue. I bought it out of the brochure (never seeing it in person). It had A LOT of purple undertones. I wish someone who owned it would have let me know before I bought it. Not looking to get what other people like, just looking for their own personal experiences.

TheBaadestMeinhoff

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went velocity blue. I love it on the RS, and I wanted something out of the white/black/grey spectrum. That said, if I hadn't already received an email with my VIN, I probably would have changed it to eruption green by now, but no regrets. My first instinct was blue, I'll be happy with it. Your first instinct was A51, you'll be happy with it too.

Sponsored

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was pretty high on A51 until I saw it in person. Unless you're in the right light it looks really dull, IMO. I prefer one of the metallic blues. VB looks amazing in person, IMO. Saw the 1st edition in Lightning Blue too and it's excellent.

OP
OP
adk749

adk749

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any advice on what to say to the dealer if I want to make the switch? If they claim it can’t be done.

Tammeriffic

Badlands
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I teetered between Area 51 and Cactus Gray. I had all but made up my mind on Area 51 until I walked out of the Garage at our dealership and saw the Cactus Gray BD, SAS. Area 51 was out. It was too blue for me. I will echo most everyone's sentiment. Get what thrills you.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Any advice on what to say to the dealer if I want to make the switch? If they claim it can’t be done.
Tell them that others have done it. As told already, one of if not the only thing you can change once you have a VIN.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My original post was asking if anyone had any regrets or feedback on their color choice. Not being able to see the car on the lot, like a typical purchase, makes it difficult. Colors often look very different on a computer screen than in person. I purchased a 1999 Acura Integra in Supersonic Blue. I bought it out of the brochure (never seeing it in person). It had A LOT of purple undertones. I wish someone who owned it would have let me know before I bought it. Not looking to get what other people like, just looking for their own personal experiences.
My only regret is not having a Bronco yet! Actually, I think once you get it, you’ll have no regrets at all. Maybe except for black (sorry, those of you that like black), I think every one I’ve seen in person looked great!

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the Area 51 in person on a Bronco, it looks lame on the Bronco Sport. Here is picture of my dealer's demo I took the other day.
Ford Bronco Color Choice Feedback 81E7A96F-3A69-4240-9060-DB219E6CD278

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, there are a lot of Area 51s and Cactus Greys out there but you notice them because you're thinking of them.

wikipedia.org/Frequency_illusion

Next time you drive, really focus on looking for all the black, silver, and dark grey cars out there. And so what if every Ford is now the same color. It can be Ford's new thing. It's a hell of a lot better than the damn angry eyes on every Jeep around here.

Edit: PS, I'm going Area 51 because I want to add white stripes and I think they look best on it. I like Velocity Blue but with a white stripe, well I drive too slow to pull off the racecar look.

squid1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I chose Area 51. I don’t have mine yet but I’ve seen others. I do like it however I saw one in Antimatter blue for the first time last week and it is now by far my favorite. Unfortunately that isn’t a color we can switch to anymore. Antimatter truly is a beautiful color. I think the color of it on the build and price is absolutely what hurt that color cause it is so far from what the actual color looks like it’s not even funny. It’s unfortunate but I’ll be happy enough with the Area 51.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do kinda wish Alto Blue was available on the full sized Bronco. Only saw it once on the sport but thought it looked pretty good.

Honestly though, every color I've seen on the full size looks good. I don't really think you can go wrong. Well, at least until you open a door and get clashing interior colors... (Even worse on the 2 door with painted door panels)

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Didn't base my decision on seeing any in person. Wanted A51 at the start, then changed to Cyber Orange when I ordered MY21. Got pushed to MY22 and changed to Eruption Green.

Bought a A51 Bronco Sport sight unseen to hold me over. I'm pretty impressed and like it a lot. No sparkly metal flake, shines great in the sunshine, and darker flat look if it's overcast. No regrets.
Sponsored