First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good news. It means you’re closer to getting your Bronco than 99.99% of folks on forum.
Absolutely! Just asking the guru what to expect. Not complaining in the least.
Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I almost didn't post this because I don't want to flame Ford. Don't look at this as an attack on Ford so much as an attempt to get Ford to hire a good PR firm.

For starters, at no point did the email apologize. I like Ford and see the production problems they are having and that not all of them are Ford's fault (well, maybe, but that is another post). This isn't about those problems. This is about the communication in the email.

Taking a look at this letter from the perspective of an arm-chair therapist and amateur novelist, it reads like a mentally abusive spouse talking to their victim after realizing they were out of line, but unwilling to admit it.

The first bit is manipulation. They lay blame without specifically laying blame and build their case. You could put "My client" in front of each sentence and it would sound like a lawyers opening statement. It is literally an opening statement in a courtroom. I could use this in a novel.

My client acknowledges that the customer has been waiting to get back into the wild for a long time now. My client notes that their customers have been patient, and they thank them for that. My client insists that they have been doing everything they can to speed up production. They have done an exceptional job considering the pandemic, the unprecedented demand, supply chain hurdles, and a long list of other things that are not important. My client understands that all the customer wants is the product they ordered.

Not only was there not an apology, but they thank us for putting up with them. That's a narcissists non-apology at it's finest.

This next bit:

The above is all the email needed to say, with the addition of an apology.

Here is the gilding: The writer of the email reminds us of that gift Ford gave us that one time.

The above is further narcistic manipulation. "We did good things for you, remember?"

And finally, we have another missed opportunity to simply apologize:

I have tackled rewriting Ford's email, and the above, when combined with an apology, plus a notice that there are continued issues with hard tops causing further shifting of production is all that is needed. Then add in the information of what to expect next (built, shipped) and the link to track production and you are done.

Then, add the off-roadeo as a PS after the signature, but in that blurb let people know that they can go even if their bronco is still in production. Not that anyone wants to go drive someone else's bronco, even if it is Ford's.
Exactly what I said.

this is a shit relationship and we are on the receiving end.

BUT WHY ARE YOU STILL BUYING?!?! Just take it and don’t complain!

todays email was clearly a vague hint, after they SHUT DOWN COMMUNICATIONS.

for us to reach out for the bad news.

cuz inept Ford doesn’t have the capability or balls to communicate.

ANYBODY ELSE doing business like this, would be reaching out and kissing the ass of the money holder to try to maintain a relationship and good will.

what’s someone on here say? Market price is the price people will complain about but still pay?

and hey, what are we going to do, buy the 4x4 convertible and doorless capable Honda Element, Dodge Raider, Toyota FJ and Nissan Xterra? No. They don’t exist.

so arrogant Ford knows right where they have us.

in the passed few days, the thread about where will this misstep go down in history, cue the apologists and business experts: “ummmmm gosh, seems like they are right on schedule. Yesterday was the first day of summer IN CASE YOU MISSED IT”.

oooooh here we are a bullshit, weak ass vague passive aggressive email, prompting us to reach out on our own, on our time, and get notified of further delays.

this is complete and utter horseshit.

and yes, I’m on auto trader right now looking at options, because at this point they are just clowning us. No respect.

Last edited:

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I said it was pushed a month they said I can call weekly and see if it changes...

like WHAT!

billion dollar company

Alleged world class assembly line

the order already got pushed a month with no communication

how much can it change weekly, and I’m supposed to call? ClowN show.

oh Well what do you expect from a company who still hasn’t even paid back tax payers money.
Corrupt.
...Maybe that's because they didn't take the bailout money ...like GM and Chrysler did...

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
“Oooooh all the complaining, don’t you get tired of it? It’s JUST A VEHICLE AFTERALL”

leading up to today.

today? MORE LEGITIMATE REASON TO COMPLAIN!!!!!!

dammit Ford.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
...Maybe that's because they didn't take the bailout money ...like GM and Chrysler did...
They took a loan from the government and allegedly haven’t repaid it..........

Sponsored

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a window sticker and a 6/21 Blend date. Ford Tracker changed to 6/22 “in production” status yesterday. Received a generic “be patient” email this afternoon. Not sure what all this means now.
If the tracker reads "In Production" it means you're very, very close to it rolling off of final and shipping out. The email today went to just about everybody. You are in GREAT shape.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was scheduled for 6/14 production, got an email from FORD that I was moved to 6/28, a week later got another email from FORD saying I was moved to 7/05.

So like many others i got a meaningless email from Ford today .... out of curiosity I asked my dealer what it meant?
She told me I was moved to 7/28!! NOTHING from Ford!!!
What a total clusterfuck!!

Check with your dealer to see where you really stand.
Wonder why they would move you to the middle of a build week on a Wednesday? All build weeks they have given out have been Monday dates.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wonder why they would move you to the middle of a build week on a Wednesday? All build weeks they have given out have been Monday dates.
I'm convinced its all about Ford's managerial incompetence .... given that they have moved me to mid week is telling that I will be moved back AGAIN as I get closer to the last date they have given me.

Peejmane

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know there’s probably threads on this already but what exactly is the “blend” date? Mine say 0630 over blend, so Is my bronco starting its build That day?

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What’s the point. So many of these dates just seem like arbitrary bullshit. You can’t trust Ford on anything. And now, you can’t even think no news is good news, because oh look at the passed few weeks: they shut down communications!

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there’s probably threads on this already but what exactly is the “blend” date? Mine say 0630 over blend, so Is my bronco starting its build That day?
That means it will roll off/out of final assembly on 6/30. I just got my sticker and have 6/30 as well!! Congrats.