Sponsored

Commuting with RC 2.5 Lift Kit + 37's on 2023 Wildtrak SAS?

OP
OP
Riley DC

Riley DC

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco and Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First off, thanks for taking time to reply back with you thoughts and opinions. I appreciate all of the feedback.

It looks like I have several options, but in the end it's about personal preference. The truck will likely see more asphalt than dirt and based on what I've read spacers or collars is the way to go for larger tires. Again, this set up is specifically for stylistic purposes only. I was told by RPG and SVC that I didn't have to replace the upper control arms with their products but they also said I should to get back those degrees of adjustment to get an accurate alignment.

I also spoke with RC today and asked again for clarity around the fitment of the 2.5 lift kit on a 23 Bronco and they said they've test fitted it on a 23 Squatch with Hoss and it fits just fine.

Thanks again for your feedback.

youloze

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I posted in the suspension forum this morning but didn't have any replies. I was going to order the Zone 3" for my Badlands SAS but when I talked to Zone they said that the 22 kit doesn't fit the 23 because of some changes to the 23 suspension. Me working for Ford I haven't seen or heard of this on the 23 but he said:

At this time, we do not have any kits approved for 23 model-year broncos, we have gotten some feedback they made some subtle changes but until we do some testing we can not confirm kit compatibility.

Then I asked him what the changes were and he said:

...we do know the strut studs changed thread pitch, and there is a rumor the strut mount and stuff are different, I do not have a complete list of the suspected changes.

So question, did you run into this with your 23 lift??? I reached out to Rough Country but haven't heard back yet. Figured I'd comment on your post since nobody answered mine and a few of y'all on this thread have lifted 23's?
I purchased and installed the Zone 4" leveling kit on my 23 Black Diamond. At the time of purchase the rep at CJ Pony Parts didn't say anything about it not fitting the 23.

I installed it (everything installed just fine) but the rear is exactly 1" shorter than the front. Basically the only help Zone is giving me is to say I should swap the front and rear preload spacers lol. Based on my email correspondence with them they don't seem to know why there is a 1" discrepancy other than "there may have been changes to the 23 suspension".

They are also telling me based on my measurements that the front is 1" higher than expected, but can't seem to tell me why that is. What's interesting about that though is that per my measurements it's exactly the expected 4" higher than stock. It's the rear that is lower per my measurements from before and after 🤷‍♂️

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I posted in the suspension forum this morning but didn't have any replies. I was going to order the Zone 3" for my Badlands SAS but when I talked to Zone they said that the 22 kit doesn't fit the 23 because of some changes to the 23 suspension. Me working for Ford I haven't seen or heard of this on the 23 but he said:

At this time, we do not have any kits approved for 23 model-year broncos, we have gotten some feedback they made some subtle changes but until we do some testing we can not confirm kit compatibility.

Then I asked him what the changes were and he said:

...we do know the strut studs changed thread pitch, and there is a rumor the strut mount and stuff are different, I do not have a complete list of the suspected changes.

So question, did you run into this with your 23 lift??? I reached out to Rough Country but haven't heard back yet. Figured I'd comment on your post since nobody answered mine and a few of y'all on this thread have lifted 23's?
I do know the top cap changed to a fine pitch at some point but can't say exactly when. Some of the shock numbers have changed along with the frames with 3 or 4 supersessions but there aren't any notes to say what those changes were.

Ford Bronco Commuting with RC 2.5 Lift Kit + 37's on 2023 Wildtrak SAS? 1676393723229

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The tire below is 63 pounds. If you run a light wheel like this one >> https://www.rtrvehicles.com/collections/evo-6/products/bronco-rtr-evo-6, you would only be about 2-3 pounds heavier than SAS. Doing this, you will NOT see a BIG decrease in MPG.

The mistake with most, is that they increase each corner by 10+ pounds when they goto 37s. I have seen guys increase by 20+ per corner and they wonder why their MPG drop by 3-4 mpg.

Ford Bronco Commuting with RC 2.5 Lift Kit + 37's on 2023 Wildtrak SAS? 1676393845612

Sponsored

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on my email correspondence with them they don't seem to know why there is a 1" discrepancy other than "there may have been changes to the 23 suspension".
I do know the top cap changed to a fine pitch at some point but can't say exactly when. Some of the shock numbers have changed along with the frames with 3 or 4 supersessions but there aren't any notes to say what those changes were.
Thanks for the reply guys. youloze, that is basically what they told me at Zone also, they don't know but there have been customers and shops having issues so they don't recommend purchasing anything for the 23 yet...but I see 23's lifted so wondering who has had issues? I emailed and tried to reach out to Rough Country, no reply. Zone guys have been really good and upfront with communication.

Flip, wonder why any of that would make a difference with the kit since technically you are just adding pucks to the strut towers and a few other mods? Hopefully they figure it out sooner than later. Only thing I have really read/seen is something about a sway bars or track bars or something?

Anyone else have any issues with a lift on a 23?

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 37s corrected my speedo. Stock was around 3mph fast..

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Commuting with RC 2.5 Lift Kit + 37's on 2023 Wildtrak SAS? 02A79998-4F4E-459E-84E4-9CB399055CC6
Ford Bronco Commuting with RC 2.5 Lift Kit + 37's on 2023 Wildtrak SAS? 732532D3-6AD5-4CD2-8F1F-027032626928

3.5” RC lift with 37” nitto’s 17” rims + 18mm offset. We had two with this lift been off-road all over Michigan took mine out to NH for off roadeo, down the east course and back 2800 miles. Still got 18-20mpg(2.7) Rides exactly like stock no issues. While RC may have got a bad rap for some jeep parts years ago. Both of ours have been great. RC is the only lift that’s been complete. Did drop, UCA’s, rear track bar relocate and spacers. Everyone else is just throwing spaces on.

OP
OP
Riley DC

Riley DC

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco and Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow! The rigs look great. Thanks for that feedback.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2023 Wildtrak Sas package (with Fox Suspension) was delivered last week. The plan is to install the RC 2.5 lift kit, Toyo AT3's-37x12.5x17" and 17" VR-601BL's. It's more about aesthetics for me. The most off-roading it will get will likely be a dirt parking at a local hiking trail. 😂
Personally, I like the look of the sasquatch wheels. 37's work fine on the sasq wheels if you use 0.75" BORA spacers and the only thing you need to do is angle grind the crashbar stubs for clearance. 37's work well with hoss3 steering rack and are stable.

The RC kit is complete and includes brake line brackets, diff drop, and track bar bracket that most others don't provide (not necessarily required). The UCAs are in my opinion worse than stock or other low-priced aftermarket. Depending on your Bronco frame, the stock UCA may be OK for 2.5" lift (check LCA cam to see if adjustment is already maxed out)

Sponsored

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Following.

I’m undecided on this… and also waiting for lift options. The HOSS 3.0 is a special case and I want to preserve the suspension geometry. There are several options for this but there are also several problems with 37s broadly.

First off is the weight as mentioned above. I happen to like my OE WT wheels, personally. I’d prefer to keep them.

BUT the issue is that you can only save a couple pounds on serious 37s (MT-BB-AT would be my pick). That’s a damn heavy tire. Unfortunately, all of my other preferred tires are within only a pound or two of the Miks burley 79/80#s.

that’s going to KILL mpg. Which, incidentally, I have NO idea how people are getting the mileage they are reporting!!! I drive like a bat out of hell half the time so I’m sure that lead foot of mine is costing me a ton of mpgs, but I can honestly say I’m averaging a hair over 15 combined city/highway.

Nonetheless, this is where you can shave a few pounds off by going with a much lighter wheel.

Alart from the shittier gas mileage, I am also interested to know how people are finding the handling impacted.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here’s my 23 WT. On 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers, I installed the RPG collars for the HOSS 3.0, to me it rides perfect and it’s my daily driver.
Ford Bronco Commuting with RC 2.5 Lift Kit + 37's on 2023 Wildtrak SAS? 732532D3-6AD5-4CD2-8F1F-027032626928
What height collars? And how are your mpg's doing? Looks great by the way!👍

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What height collars? And how are your mpg's doing? Looks great by the way!👍
Agreed! This looks terrific. A couple questions:

1) On the RPG site it lists options for several different sizes of collar. Which did you choose and did you end up pretty level front to back on flat ground?

2) did you do the install yourself or did you have it done by a shop?

3) have you had this new set up out on any fire roads/washboards/overland or done any off-roading (light/medium/hard). If so what were your pre-post impressions?

Personally this is one of my hesitations just because the Fox shocks are tuned great for high speed off road stuff. I was "shocked" how well they did. Kidding aside you can roll heavy washboards at 45+ and it's a zero. I am worried that I would be giving that up.

4) lastly, do you (or anyone on this thread) have any idea how these types of perch collars impact shock travel (in either direction)? Again, I am just trying to understand how much of an impact this would have on off road driving characteristics.

The WT looks KILLER! I am hoping for a similar end result...

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

1) On the RPG site it lists options for several different sizes of collar. Which did you choose and did you end up pretty level front to back on flat ground?

3) have you had this new set up out on any fire roads/washboards/overland or done any off-roading (light/medium/hard). If so what were your pre-post impressions?

Personally this is one of my hesitations just because the Fox shocks are tuned great for high speed off road stuff. I was "shocked" how well they did. Kidding aside you can roll heavy washboards at 45+ and it's a zero. I am worried that I would be giving that up.

4) lastly, do you (or anyone on this thread) have any idea how these types of perch collars impact shock travel (in either direction)? Again, I am just trying to understand how much of an impact this would have on off road driving characteristics.

I think you replied to the wrong person 🫤 I have basically the same questions.

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here’s my 23 WT. On 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers, I installed the RPG collars for the HOSS 3.0, to me it rides perfect and it’s my daily driver.

Sponsored