Sponsored

Lift recommendation for Hoss 3.0 Wildtrak Sasquatch package to run 37's?

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW's Fords
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My opinion is they (KO2) don't run small, look at the specs on all other brands and tell me who makes true 37" tires? You need to check the specs on the manufacturers website, not just listen what people say, people lie. 😉. Curious what you find.
very, very sorry... please allow me to correct myself: "all 37's run a bit small, and so do BFG's".
Is that Better?

I just use a good old fashioned tape measure and it reads 35.5 mounted at 40psi.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stickboy88

Wildtrak
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What issues? Links?
Yes, please provide feedback and then what do you recommend
This is a common question that's been answered. RPG 2.25 (x4) will affect your ride, I have that setup on 37's. It's not bad, but you will lose the cushy ride.

I'm doing it as a stop gap until I can get a mid-travel or a long travel suspension. It may never happen, but about 4k miles on the 37's and RPG perch collars, I am still pleased with the lessor ride quality of the RPG, perch colors and the 37s. It's still a daily driver, and I think the wife likes driving it more now. 😀

My goal was to keep a stock looking Bronco (proportion wise), My brother and closest friends didn't even notice when I put the 37s and the 2-in lift. It just looks beefier and more stout now.

Go for it, I would again
thanks for the information was going to go 3.0 all around and running 37’s.

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, please provide feedback and then what do you recommend

thanks for the information was going to go 3.0 all around and running 37’s.
I went 2.25 all the way around because the weight of the spare tire and the weight of my RTR rear end stuff weighs down the rear end. My Bronco is leveled out in its current state, once I add a front winch, then the rear end might be a little higher.

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And for the record, the 35” OEM Goodyears measure in around 33.5-34 inches, so you do actually gain 1.5-2 inches with the KO2.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A perch collar changes the preload on the spring, where a spacer lift does not. The additional preload causes the shock to move from it's intended range of operation to a slightly different operating range. Usually this means you gain up-travel from ride height and lose down-travel. I have experienced a deterioration of ride quality with perches in the past... Probably wouldn't use them again.

I prefer to not use either when the Eibach Stage 2 are as inexpensive as they are for what you get.

Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My .02 is to simply not do it and leave it the way the highly-paid engineers designed the system to work lol. I will never understand how people with a factory Sas setup (especially with HOSS 3.0) find a need to change it outside of maybe swapping for better 35” tires.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My opinion is they (KO2) don't run small, look at the specs on all other brands and tell me who makes true 37" tires? You need to check the specs on the manufacturers website, not just listen what people say, people lie. 😉. Curious what you find.
BFG's run small. Swapped out the factory set for a set of Falken Wildpeaks and they are physically bigger even though both are listed as 37x12.50.

BFG K02= 36.5in
Falken Wildpeak RT= 36.8in

The Falkens actually rub a tiny bit on the wheel liner in the rear at full tuck.

Wtb13000

Wildtrak
First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My .02 is to simply not do it and leave it the way the highly-paid engineers designed the system to work lol. I will never understand how people with a factory Sas setup (especially with HOSS 3.0) find a need to change it outside of maybe swapping for better 35” tires.
I kind of agree, but what about the fact that by adding weight on either the front or the back with say a winch, bumpers /roof rack etc will make the car to either squat or lean forward.

My wildtrack squats after I added some parts so I’ve been watching all these threads looking for the best solution.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I kind of agree, but what about the fact that by adding weight on either the front or the back with say a winch, bumpers /roof rack etc will make the car to either squat or lean forward.

My wildtrack squats after I added some parts so I’ve been watching all these threads looking for the best solution.
I mean yeah I guess lots of weight for legit overlander setups could be a reason to swap but obviously you are going to downgrade normal ride quality drastically with whatever you do. To me it’s not worth having all the junk that adds weight all the time. If I’m not going out on a long trip I’m not keeping it on my vehicle.

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BFG K02= 36.5in
Falken Wildpeak RT= 36.8in

The Falkens actually rub a tiny bit on the wheel liner in the rear at full tuck.
😃 you're only talking about 5/32" (.15") difference? You got me. My old eyes can't see much difference looking at them.

I also look at weight, my KO's are 63lbs, the Falken are 82.1 or 89. I (personally) don't need 10ply tires for everyday use, and the Bronco doesn't tow enough for me to justify it either.

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A perch collar changes the preload on the spring, where a spacer lift does not. The additional preload causes the shock to move from it's intended range of operation to a slightly different operating range. Usually this means you gain up-travel from ride height and lose down-travel. I have experienced a deterioration of ride quality with perches in the past... Probably wouldn't use them again.

I prefer to not use either when the Eibach Stage 2 are as inexpensive as they are for what you get.
This. You dont need a full set of kings/fox 2.5 for a lift that will run you $5-7k all said and done. There are other option just like the eibachs or billstins that will give you the lift you want. With proper parts (not compromising stock parts) for under $2k all said and done. But yes if your realllllllly on a budget then hockey pucks could work. It will give you the lift. Just seems odd to me. At that point just save up for three month and get the eibachs/billstiens. Hockey pucks = Like asking someone to wear stilts but still run as fast as without the stilts. Yah your taller but…to each there own. Everyone has different circumstances and limitations so I cannot judge. And some will never take these offroad and just want the lift. Thats fine. So I get it.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I could be misinterpreting all of the information in the several threads asking the same question, but this is my summary.

The Zones lift keeps the factory Fox shocks in their happy place for street driving and noticing any difference in ride characteristics is usually the affect of the new larger/heavier tires.

All of the spacer/ collar lifts decrease suspension performance/reduce travel.

Seems to me a body lift and JKS max tire clearance kit is the best option for the Wildtrak with the Hoss 3.0 correct to run 37’s and maintain close to factory spec performance.

Is this wrong?

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

very, very sorry... please allow me to correct myself: "all 37's run a bit small, and so do BFG's".
Is that Better?

I just use a good old fashioned tape measure and it reads 35.5 mounted at 40psi.
How about ALL tire sizes run a bit small, some smaller than others...

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Obviously BECAUSE RACECAR! lol
Sponsored