Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of goodies in here to tweak the off roaders among us. Especially liked the first two sentences:

The Mercedes G-Wagon, a very capable off-roader typically purchased by people who never intend to take it anywhere near dirt, is getting an electric upgrade.

Unveiled in Beverly Hills—the most fitting of locations—the 2025 G 580 with EQ Technology spun its way onto the scene.
And hey, the Bronco already has trail turn assist. ICE ain't dead yet baby! :LOL:

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2024/0...g-wagon-is-more-capable-than-the-gas-version/
Sponsored

Sponsored

65CarryAll

Heritage
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last 2 door Blazer (ZR2)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Thanks for posting. The $200,000 and electric I could handle if I wanted but the ugliness won't allow it.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$170k and no arm rests and these goofy cup holders?? How do I buy! lol

Ford Bronco Completely Electric G Wagon? The eG Wagon? Mercedes has you covered 1713972745307-7r

This one is pretty nice, tho.
Not for sale anymore, but love this color personally. They're an hr away from me basically, I'm definitely checking them out soon.

Those Wolves will outlast any of this EV or modern crap. Wonder how much a Tach would cost though and if they can customize the speedo colors, hate greens and whites. Also how much more for a 300 instead of a 250, those are Turbos.

Great, now I'm thinking about them once more again

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not for sale anymore, but love this color personally. They're an hr away from me basically, I'm definitely checking them out soon.

Those Wolves will outlast any of this EV or modern crap. Wonder how much a Tach would cost though and if they can customize the speedo colors, hate greens and whites. Also how much more for a 300 instead of a 250, those are Turbos.

Great, now I'm thinking about them once more again
Will be fascinating when I spontaneously grow wealthy overnight (c'mon tonight!) and can afford one of these and one of the classic Broncos ($200-250k) like this one. Which one will I drive for fun? And yeah, billionaire me has a UFO for real off roading... lol

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will be fascinating when I spontaneously grow wealthy overnight (c'mon tonight!) and can afford one of these and one of the classic Broncos ($200-250k) like this one. Which one will I drive for fun? And yeah, billionaire me has a UFO for real off roading... lol
If they offered the Coyote with Manual, I'd be interested

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For that coin they could of at least put a Holley EFI on it.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't love the looks of the G wagon, it's not quite a Jeep, not quite an old school LandRover, both of which I like. It just slightly misses the mark on style and I've never been able to pinpoint why.

With that said, those things are bulletproof and can take one hell of a beating. It's a shame more of them don't spend more time off road. But at that price point I get it.

I wonder if the new 'E' version will really be up to the same standards, I very much doubt it, but again, if it never sees the dirt, no one will ever know.

Last edited:

SilverSurfer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 4dr MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It can be submerged 5.9" more than its ICE counterpart. Whether it is actually safe or not, I bet nobody ever tests out how deep they can submerge their electric G-Wagon.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It can be submerged 5.9" more than its ICE counterpart. Whether it is actually safe or not, I bet nobody ever tests out how deep they can submerge their electric G-Wagon.
I can believe that. I've seen a Hummer EV ford through water up to the hood. The owner told me he was trying to destroying it while it was under warranty as GMC has replaced everything that broken.

I personally have never seen a G-wagon offroad (I see one a week at least on the road) but a few Defenders off-road.
Sponsored