Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

There's a post with a screen shot saying there will be no model year transition and no price protection for 23' orders, does this mean that if you put in an order for a 23' that isn't built, your order will not be carried with "priority" (quotes since clearly it's not helping those that have waited a couple years already) into a 24' order?

Basically if Ford can't build your bronco in 23' you end up having to put a new 24' order in when the order banks open up for 24's and go to the back of the line with everyone else putting in new orders on top of not getting price protection?

That pretty much takes me out of the queue, I'm not ordering something in a trim/options I don't want just to get it faster, and if there's no advantage to getting "in line" with an order for what I want, then I just saved a bunch of time, hassle, and probably non-refundable down payments.

That’s correct. Being in line has never meant much anyways. The line is only dependent on your dealers allocation. But when you reorder in the fall, you should maintain your place in the line at your dealer but no price protection.
Sponsored

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If a dealer has 20 allocations, but allows 30 people to place an order and enters them in. Is that even possible? Dealer is saying that they are going to take as many orders as they can.

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If a dealer has 20 allocations, but allows 30 people to place an order and enters them in. Is that even possible? Dealer is saying that they are going to take as many orders as they can.

thisisliam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Brono Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My assumption is the first 20 will be acknowledged, the rest will just remain unscheduled. Perhaps people in the first 20 that are riddled with constraints might be bumped for one or more of the other 10 they can build.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. And they will lead these other folks on until 2024. They haven't said how many more they expect to be able to build before the '24 changeover and unless new info comes out, assume it to be 30K-40K which comes out to about 12 per dealer. The other part is Ford is going to shut the order bank down when they hit whatever pre determined number they set so anything after that will either be left kicked out or left to sit with no chance of getting picked up.

Third part of this is COVP still applies so any of these that don't have an approved COVP by whatever date, will be purged (presumably). So if you're a dealer and get 10 more and using their past statement that 28% of the orders weren't COVP'd, you'd maybe want to shoot for 12 or 13 in case some bail. And don't forget orders still have to abide by the commodity restrictions.

Sponsored

Denis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe I am being paranoid, but...
Planning to order BL 2.7 nonSAS
And when I play with configurator, it is showing only rear lock, not showing anything reg front lock and SB disconnect
Everything I've read till now telld me that BL has front lock and SB disconnect even without SAS, but can't see it in configuration
And only reason to order BL is to have front lock and SB disconnect, since already have OBX...
I guess I am just splitting a hair here, but just to do last check before confirming order to my dealer

thisisliam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Brono Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes. And they will lead these other folks on until 2024. They haven't said how many more they expect to be able to build before the '24 changeover and unless new info comes out, assume it to be 30K-40K which comes out to about 12 per dealer. The other part is Ford is going to shut the order bank down when they hit whatever pre determined number they set so anything after that will either be left kicked out or left to sit with no chance of getting picked up.

Third part of this is COVP still applies so any of these that don't have an approved COVP by whatever date, will be purged (presumably). So if you're a dealer and get 10 more and using their past statement that 28% of the orders weren't COVP'd, you'd maybe want to shoot for 12 or 13 in case some bail. And don't forget orders still have to abide by the commodity restrictions.
So, to understand correctly, the order system will only accept x orders, based on allocation, from each dealership? I feel if Ford has a pre-determined number before they shut, they must be able to input into the order system how many orders each dealership is able to input, otherwise it would be a free for all on who could enter orders the fastest come Monday. Unless it's "enter as many as you can before the timer is up."

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, to understand correctly, the order system will only accept x orders, based on allocation, from each dealership? I feel if Ford has a pre-determined number before they shut, they must be able to input into the order system how many orders each dealership is able to input, otherwise it would be a free for all on who could enter orders the fastest come Monday. Unless it's "enter as many as you can before the timer is up."
It sounds to me like a free for all. That said, it doesn't make sense why the bank would close if they've already predetermined the total number they plan to make with said commodities and spread those among all dealers. Should be get your orders in by XXXX date or you get what's left as "stock". They basically said if we don't get the retails in by the cutoff, you get "stock". So that reads to me like once they see the max number of orders they're going to shut it down regardless of where the orders come from. If dealers stuff more than their allocation, it could shut the banks down and lock out more retails. This may not be the case but the broadcast left a lot of these details out and the questions they did answer, didn't do much to change my mind. My hope is they're going to come out early fall and open the banks up for at least some "stock" for all of us who aren't getting crap until '24 unless our pull ahead completely wipes out any possibility of new orders.

FloridaBroncoPipeDream

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The lower the constraint percentage the fewer Broncos that can be built with that option. E.G. two door Broncos have a ten percent constraint. That means for the remainder of 2023 only 1 out of 10 Broncos will be a two door. Fifty percent on Sasquatch means they can make half of the Broncos with that option.

However, to have a complete picture of the impact on the constraint, you also need to know the open order demand. E.G, if there is a 20% demand for 2 doors then Ford is only going to build half of what is ordered.

If you have multiple constraints on your order those constraints compound on each other to reduce the probability your Bronco will be built
I interpret that a little differently. 50% is what they plan on building, not explicitly what their constraint challenges are.

This is how many broncos they plan on building, it's no surprise they're focusing a lot of models that are going to cost $55,000 and higher given the persistent underlying parts storage. I really don't think the demand for Sasquatch package is at 50% if you consider the total amount of orders the last few years. It's probably somewhere around 30%

jeepvsbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Having a hard time deciding what bronco to order. Going back and fourth between a BD and Badlands. I’m going to order a hard top no matter what way I go. So I know I’ll have a wait. Does anyone know if there are models that get built quicker? Would a non SAS BD get built quicker than a non SAS Badlands?

Last edited:

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I interpret that a little differently. 50% is what they plan on building, not explicitly what their constraint challenges are.

This is how many broncos they plan on building, it's no surprise they're focusing a lot of models that are going to cost $55,000 and higher given the persistent underlying parts storage. I really don't think the demand for Sasquatch package is at 50% if you consider the total amount of orders the last few years. It's probably somewhere around 30%
The constraint percentage is what Ford forecasts that they can build. It seems that Ford only announces constraint percentages when the demand exceeds supply. So your perception that it is what they plan on building becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

The order percentage demand for Sasquatch on January 11 was 50%. As of January 11 the constraint percentage was 40%. So in the last two months Ford has improved their supply of Sasquatch parts to 50%. Ford wants to meet that demand.

Regarding the base model, I suspect Ford already has plenty of orders already and they want to meet that demand. It would be foolish on Ford’s part to give up additional profits on other models just to make more base models.

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
With the caveats of "this is a somewhat informed guess" and "with Ford, who knows", based on other commentary my impression was that Ford has caught up on Base model orders and isn't building any Base ,regardless, until Q3. I took this as they will build new Base models based on new orders, if the order banks open. However, it also seems that new orders cannot have, or will be highly restricted as to, the three deadly sins of SAS, LUX and MIC (4-door).

Again, who knows until FMCo officially says something (and then changes their mind).
They aren't caught up on base orders. Mine is still MIA. And it's a stick, so it looks like Ford just doesn't give a shit about people like me.

thisisliam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Brono Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What exactly is the issue with the base model? You’d think they’d be pumping those out faster than any other model

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What exactly is the issue with the base model? You’d think they’d be pumping those out faster than any other model
Per Ford:
“Bronco and Ranger are both built at Michigan Assembly Plant. As we are preparing for the launch of the all-new Ranger, we’ve made some temporary manufacturing changes to maximize commonality on the assembly line to ensure a quality launch for the new Ranger while getting Broncos to existing reservation and order holders. As a result, we’ve made the difficult decision to temporarily not offer the Base or Everglades series or manual transmission for the remainder of the 23MY. Customers can check existing dealer stock to see if there’s a Bronco configuration available they are not able to order.”
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a43386867/ford-pauses-manual-bronco-production/

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Having a hard time deciding what bronco to order. Going back and fourth between a BD and Badlands. I’m going to order a hard top no matter what way I go. So I know they’ll be a wait. Does anyone know if there are models that get build quicker? Would a non SAS BD get built quicker than a non SAS Badlands?
No, not necessarily.
Sponsored