Sponsored

Confused about electric seats/memory recall function... avail ONLY with leather seats??

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4-door BD, and the MGV driver’s seat has lumbar and it seems to work well enough. My back also gives me fits, but I’ve been able to do 450-mile days without too much discomfort. The passenger side, however is pretty bad. I can’t last 30 minutes without my back aching. If I ever have to sit in the right seat on a road trip (unlikely), I would bring a lumbar cushion of some kind.
Thanks for that. 2 door BL here and my wife has a bad back so I've been eyeing several lumbar cushions for her. I'll probably just buy all of them, they aren't terribly expensive in the grand scheme of things, just curious if you have any experience with any particular ones. TIA
Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for that. 2 door BL here and my wife has a bad back so I've been eyeing several lumbar cushions for her. I'll probably just buy all of them, they aren't terribly expensive in the grand scheme of things, just curious if you have any experience with any particular ones. TIA
I'll know more in October, as we're flying to New Zealand, something like 12 straight hours in Coach... 😬 I bought this self-inflating lumbar pillow to try on the flight. Seems like it should help. If it works on a plane, it should work in a vehicle.

At home I use this memory foam pillow and I like it a lot. It's probably too bulky to bring on a plane, but could be good on the road. But my wife always makes me drive on road trips anyway, LOL...

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll know more in October, as we're flying to New Zealand, something like 12 straight hours in Coach... 😬 I bought this self-inflating lumbar pillow to try on the flight. Seems like it should help. If it works on a plane, it should work in a vehicle.

At home I use this memory foam pillow and I like it a lot. It's probably too bulky to bring on a plane, but could be good on the road. But my wife always makes me drive on road trips anyway, LOL...
12 hours in coach? Oh, man, I'd be like Lloyd Bridges in "Airplane!" thinking I picked the wrong day to give up . . . everything! Look forward to your feedback. :sneaky:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
No Power Seats on 2-Door (thankfully I detest power seats so much.)

Power seats on Leather, 4-door only. No memory function.

OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No Power Seats on 2-Door (thankfully I detest power seats so much.)

Power seats on Leather, 4-door only. No memory function.

How come you don't like power seats? I love power seas but NOT if they don't have memory function... then it's useless.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Power seats on a 2 door would be completely useless with or without memory, which is why it isn’t an option.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Power seats on a 2 door would be completely useless with or without memory, which is why it isn’t an option.
Why would that be?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why would that be?
Because people need to be able to get in the back seats. It would be ridiculous to have to wait for the power seats to move forward and down, then go all the way back. Much more convenient to just slide it forward and back real quick.

OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Because people need to be able to get in the back seats. It would be ridiculous to have to wait for the power seats to move forward and down, then go all the way back. Much more convenient to just slide it forward and back real quick.

To me the back seats in a 2 door are useless. The FIRST thing I'm going to do when I get a 2 door is tear out the back seats.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To me the back seats in a 2 door are useless. The FIRST thing I'm going to do when I get a 2 door is tear out the back seats.
To each their own, lots of people do that. But regardless, 2 doors will never have front power seats due to the rear seats.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
How come you don't like power seats? I love power seas but NOT if they don't have memory function... then it's useless.
1 - because they are super slow to adjust
2 - because they always break, and are expensive to fix.

Dog

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why are people always "ripping out" or "tearing out" things like rear seats? Why not calmly remove the bolts and then remove the seats? Such destructive behavior...

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why are people always "ripping out" or "tearing out" things like rear seats? Why not calmly remove the bolts and then remove the seats? Such destructive behavior...
Not everyone can afford those fancy "2-way" wrenches and socket sets that do both installation AND removal. Thank goodness for the sawzall!

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How do they do it in a Mustang? Do you have hold the button and wait? There's not some kind of quick-release latch or something?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How do they do it in a Mustang? Do you have hold the button and wait? There's not some kind of quick-release latch or something?
There’s a quick release, but only for the seat back. Much easier to get into a mustang with only the seat back folded compared to a Bronco.
Sponsored