Sponsored

Confused about electric seats/memory recall function... avail ONLY with leather seats??

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I will be getting either the Black Diamond or Badlands (2 door with back seats torn out!).... I prefer Black Diamond because it is cheaper and I do not need "sway bar disconnect etc etc"....

I also MUCH prefer vinyl seats... I do NOT want leather (hate leather and hate cloth). I will be using seat covers so in the end it doesn't matter anyway.

My biggest issue is:
1. Is it even possible to get electric seats if I am getting the vinyl seats in Back Diamond or Badlands? Because this timestamped video claims only the leather seats can get electric?

2. If the electric seats do not have seat position MEMORY RECALL then I don't want it... the only reason I would love to have electric seats is because if someone else drives my Bronco it drives me CRAZY having to always readjust my seat. Hoping electric seats do have seat position memory recall?

Thanks!!
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Electric seats come only with leather I believe. I had vinyl and lux in my badlands with no electric. My WT has leather and lux and electric. No recall memory.

OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Awesome thanks so much for the replies! Well that solves that then... I don't want the electric seats. One less thing to break.

I have awful lower back pain if I am driving without lumbar support. My prior vehicle had amazing lumbar support. Do the seats in Bronco have good Lumbar support and most importantly is it adjustable?

Thanks!!

Sponsored

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a manual lumbar support knob on the MGV seats in the 2-door badlands. I find the lumbar support to be adequate. Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s across the board with leather and cloth also though.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4-door BD, and the MGV driverā€™s seat has lumbar and it seems to work well enough. My back also gives me fits, but Iā€™ve been able to do 450-mile days without too much discomfort. The passenger side, however is pretty bad. I canā€™t last 30 minutes without my back aching. If I ever have to sit in the right seat on a road trip (unlikely), I would bring a lumbar cushion of some kind.

OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
4-door BD, and the MGV driverā€™s seat has lumbar and it seems to work well enough. My back also gives me fits, but Iā€™ve been able to do 450-mile days without too much discomfort. The passenger side, however is pretty bad. I canā€™t last 30 minutes without my back aching. If I ever have to sit in the right seat on a road trip (unlikely), I would bring a lumbar cushion of some kind.
Thanks for the info! That's strange that the passeger side gives you trouble... does only the driver seat have the lumbar support?

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Awesome thanks so much for the replies! Well that solves that then... I don't want the electric seats. One less thing to break.

I have awful lower back pain if I am driving without lumbar support. My prior vehicle had amazing lumbar support. Do the seats in Bronco have good Lumbar support and most importantly is it adjustable?

Thanks!!
The lack of memory on the seats drives me nuts!

Sponsored

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The lack of memory on the seats drives me nuts!
Donā€™t get me started! Every time I slide either in or out, Iā€™m thinking ā€œis this seat bolster going to last more than a year or two?ā€ In my Raptor, press #2, seat goes all the way back and down. Just grab the grab handle (another thing sorely missed) and pull myself out.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the info! That's strange that the passeger side gives you trouble... does only the driver seat have the lumbar support?
Correct. Ford cheaped out. šŸ˜ 

I don't see the point of electric seats without the memory function.
And they cheaped out again. This is one of the reasons we didnā€™t order a higher model/package. Even our old XLT Explorer had memory seats.

Even though my wife is 5ā€™ 10ā€, she feels the need to jack the seat up to maximum altitude, which I canā€™t stand. Memory seats would have been really niceā€¦

OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Correct. Ford cheaped out. šŸ˜ 

And they cheaped out again. This is one of the reasons we didnā€™t order a higher model/package. Even our old XLT Explorer had memory seats.

Even though my wife is 5ā€™ 10ā€, she feels the need to jack the seat up to maximum altitude, which I canā€™t stand. Memory seats would have been really niceā€¦

Wow!! That is CRAZY!! I cannot believe they put lumbar support in the driver's seat but did NOT in the passenger seat. That is ridiculous :mad:šŸ‘Ž

Whenever I fly I have to carry lumbar support pillow or I am in agony squirming around like a worm... should not have to do that in an expensive vehicle someone pays a crap load of $$$ for.

I wonder if they will ever add memory seats or give passenger seat lumbar support... sadly I don't think enough people complain or perhaps would make no difference.

Coastalcop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lumbar is adequate for the driver and easily adjustable. Stick with the manual vinyl seats. My XOs LX570 has memory seats, I adjusted my button to my desire, but still end up making minor adjustments anyway based on how I feel/ how far we are going .
Sponsored