Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great pics!

What tent were you using that failed? Might be a good PSA to those looking to buy. I have a Coleman Instant tent...no torture tests like yours though....yet.

Were you hydroplaning in the second vid, or just sliding in the mud? What drive mode were you in.
Was a Coleman 12 person Skylodge instant tent. One pole snapped right in half on setup, sort of cheap poles IMO. Had a few others get stuck trying to extend, which required some persuasion. Coleman customer service has been really good about replacing it through.

And yes, a little hydroplane for sure. I was using mud/rutts mode while running through that. At one point I thought I was going into the ditch, but then it caught. Definitely a "soil your pants" moment.
Sponsored

Shrek27

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was a Coleman 12 person Skylodge instant tent. One pole snapped right in half on setup, sort of cheap poles IMO. Had a few others get stuck trying to extend, which required some persuasion. Coleman customer service has been really good about replacing it through.

And yes, a little hydroplane for sure. I was using mud/rutts mode while running through that. At one point I thought I was going into the ditch, but then it caught. Definitely a "soil your pants" moment.
Its my SoCal summer tent, so hopefully will work out. I keep the Bronco ready as a backup sleep setup tho.
Guess you needed Slippery mode! Haha Good times!

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have to ask. Why not sleep in the Bronco? Fronts seats had to be better than sleeping wet.

OP
OP
RustysBronco

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to ask. Why not sleep in the Bronco? Fronts seats had to be better than sleeping wet.
Loaded the truck up to keep my other gear dry. Couldn't put the seats down. Lesson learned to pack less shit when camping.

Sponsored

Tv_fixer

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner TRD, '21 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Loaded the truck up to keep my other gear dry. Couldn't put the seats down. Lesson learned to pack less shit when camping.
Going beach camping this weekend. Already have too much stuff. We ALWAYS overpack... to reinforce this behavior I asked everyone to bring something that doesn't belong on a beach.

Tv_fixer

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner TRD, '21 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going beach camping this weekend. Already have too much stuff. We ALWAYS overpack... to reinforce this behavior I asked everyone to bring something that doesn't belong on a beach.
I brought a skateboard, brother brought a traffic cone and his wife brought a plugin air freshener... ocean scented. My wife brought Jax.
Sponsored