First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey everyone! I'll lay out the backstory of why I'm thinking about doing this. Just wanted to get an azimuth check from you guys to see if I'm being irrational with contemplating this option. I'd like to know what you guys would do in my shoes!

I originally ordered my 4 door Wildtrak in March of 2021 at a dealership in Tennessee. I was moving from Tennessee in April of 2022 and asked them to move the order to a new dealer in Virginia where I was moving. They couldn't do that, but they offered to sell me the mannequin Wildtrak they had that had similar specs to my order. Main difference was theirs had a soft top and I wanted a hard top and it was velocity blue (which has admittedly grown on me but isn't what I would choose). Plus it had some extra bells and whistles I wouldn't have purchased.

So I took them up on it and have had that Bronco since then. I was notified recently that the Wildtrak I had actually ordered was being built. Here's the deal they're willing to give me. What would you guys do?

I can trade my Wildtrak with 10,000 miles in for $58,000. The new Bronco costs $64,822.51. I have a great interest rate on the current Bronco (1.69%) and the new interest rate I can get is 5.04%, which effectively adds $5k in interest to the loan over my current one.

Essentially I would be paying $5k in interest plus $6.7k in price difference between the 21' ($58,150) and the 23' ($64,822.51). So $11.7k net difference between the two.

That seems like a pretty steep price to pay for a hard top, the HOSS 3.0, and a color that I like better. Obviously you all can't know what the color "is worth" to me, but is there a factor I haven't considered? Am I crazy to even think about doing this?

Thank you if you make it through this long-winded question and thank you for your feedback!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

rsilvis

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you sure you can't see the current one for more than $58k?
I've had it posted in Virginia for quite some time for $65k with no bites for over a month. I pay less taxes on a trade in vs buying it outright, so selling for $65k here would bring me about the same money as trading in for $58k. And I can't seem to even sell it for that.

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean if you are not going to change the suspension on the new one. The Hoss 3.0 hardware and hardtop are expensive components that make up the difference in price plus it resets the warranty. Up to you really.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People have done crazier things. It depends on how set you are to have the one you ordered. And if the price difference means anything to you.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Guess it all is in how you market your existing Bronco. The soft top was only available on the mannequin WT for MY'21. Retail orders couldn't order it. Anyone can add a soft top after the fact but no one can change the build spec associated with the VIN. Those Softie '21 WT are actually the true unicorns of MY'21 builds Better yet, if it had been in AMB or RR - discontinued colors for MY'21.

You need to cast a wider net perhaps putting it on the auction sites starting at 65k.

Mo’ Money Mo’ Broncos

Badlands
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My first take away would be, this would be a good problem to have. Personally, I’d look for the most overpriced Broncos on dealer lots between Virginia and Tennessee. Maybe you can drop it somewhere along the way for closer to what you’re looking for. How long do you plan to keep it? If you’ll be considering upgrading from 23 to 26 or something like that down the road, just keep what you have. If you’re like me, and you hope your bronco is only sold after you’re dead haha, then I’d take the opportunity to get exactly what you want to own for the long haul.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imo. Sell what you have, invest that money short term and order a 23 next year or 24 at the end of the year. Prices and interest rates should drop next year.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

you've the first one to create your own ADM, congrats!!!

imo you can upgrade your suspension AND other things for 10k. i mean it's only 5kish to put foxes on.

selling and going back in the queue sounds like a crappy gamble. not only the wait, but who knows if prices go up again.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm waiting to see what the midcycle update brings, which will probably come in 24 or 25.

They have yet to put a color on it that I like...

A51Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford FX4, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If the "new" build is exactly what you want I would trade and upgrade. You will never be happy knowing you could have taken one exactly like you wanted.

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have questions that I would be asking myself, that might help you answer.
  1. Is the NEW Bronco being sold at MSRP, or are they trying to mark that up on you....and is it the price that you already agreed to when you purchased it?
  2. Did this Bronco stay in your name the whole time? If so, have you inquired about the price protection that you would be due in this equation?
  3. Was your original Mannequin sold to you with any ADM and is that considered in your offer?
  4. Do you have positive or negative equity in the original order at this point?
  5. Do you see value in getting the new warranty on the new Bronco?
  6. Is there anything on the "Mandatory Option Delete" that you'll loose on the new build? you may need to check with the dealer on this.

NasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Naomi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The real questions to ask are, do you have the money to do this, and will it make you happy? Life is short, do what makes you happy if it is within your means.
Sponsored