First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw a 4dr bd at an event with soft top. It was fully wired for a hardtop but didn't think to ask if it was spec'ed for dual top or they all were pre-wired.
I saw the same thing. However, most of the Bronco's that have been touring are pre-production and probably set up for max modularity. The lack of wiring and plumbing for the hard-top was confirmed by BN some time ago and has been well documented.

That being said, given the current state of Bronco production, it would seem wise for Ford to include the wiring on the soft-tops (even if they pass that cost to the consumer) as quite a few customers would probably take them up on that option to get an earlier build. It would also leave the door open for Ford and the aftermarket to sell hard tops in the future and streamline production. I don't claim to know much about manufacturing but the decision to leave out the wiring and plumbing on soft-tops seems like a pretty short-sighted mistake on Ford's part. It also draws attention to other areas where they might have a propensity to "cut corners" and put's an unnecessary spotlight on the Webasto fiasco.

I could actually see them changing their tune on this.
Sponsored

Last edited:

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you are purchasing A softtop bronco and want to upgrade to a Hardtop later in life, Does the softtop bronco still have the electronics and washer fluid attachments or will you need to get those installed when upgrading to a hardtop? I believe there was a video by Bronco Nation that mentioned something like that. But with Ford making the Bronco so modular, I don't understand why they wouldn't just pre-run the cables on all vehicles whether or not it was Softtop or Hardtop.
No. No fluid lines, No elec connections, no proper wiper stalk (assumed). See Dec-Jan Bronco Nation posting of interview with Estaban, Bronco Brand Mgr. You'll have to get hardtop first, softtop as accessory.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No. No fluid lines, No elec connections, no proper wiper stalk (assumed). See Dec-Jan Bronco Nation posting of interview with Estaban, Bronco Brand Mgr. You'll have to get hardtop first, softtop as accessory.
Or order dual-top. I asked the Ford rep about this issue and a Bronco showing in Charleston South Carolina. He said that all the Broncos on the road that are being displayed are were sold or prepared as dual tops oh, and that's why they all have the plumbing because both of the ones I've seen are in fact soft tops. But he said the reason they have the plumbing is that they're considered dual tops. So get the hardtop, or live with the imperfection.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure you can buy the wiring harness, plumbing and stalk/switch as a kit from Ford later (pretty sure Jeep sells it for the Wrangler) and then either spend some time installing it yourself or having it done at the dealer. But I'm also sure ordering and shipping this huge thing will cost a pretty penny, more than shipping a soft top. So if you think you really want/need the hard top later on, change your order if you still can. There will also be other soft top options from other vendors, not sure anybody will make hard tops. (and shipping will still be expensive for such a big and heavy box)

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Thanks for the info

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So many EXACT threads, so little time....
Sponsored