First Name
adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am thinking the cost of upgrading the 2.3L EcoBoost® engine 7-speed manual transmission with crawler gear to the 2.7L EcoBoost engine (requires 10-speed automatic) 10-speed automatic transmission with Trail Control will be about $6K ($2K for the Ecoboost engine; $4K for the transmission).

This is just a guesstimate. Am I way off here?

What are your thoughts on the costs to upgrade other things like hard top, wheels, and other features NOT in a package?
Similarly, Anyone have a ball park and would it might cost to upgade from 2.3 to 2.7 automatic?
Sponsored

rand442002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think OP is closer than many think. Jeep charges $2750 for automatic and doesn’t even offer a similar engine upgrade. In the end they will charge what they think people will pay. I’m hoping less than $4500 for both, but would not surprise me if it’s more.
This is true if you keep their V6 and only add the auto trans. Oddly enough though, if you opt for their I4 for $0 you have to get their 8spd auto trans and that only adds $1,500. Cost difference between the V6 and I4 perhaps?

I really want the manual trans with the 2.7l but without that option, I'll get the 2.7l with the auto although I do want the manual bad enough I'm still considering the 2.3l. I've gotta do more research on both engine choices. I just really don't want to feel underpowered after adding gear and family into a 4dr Badlands for a long camping trip.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only other vehicle with a 2.3L and the option to have a manual and the 10spd auto is the Mustang. Its a $1600 option for the auto there. I'd guess the upgrade from 2.3/7MT to 2.7/10A is in the $3000-$3500 range.
I hope you're wrong because the upgrade on the F-150 is just a little over 1k for the same combo upgrade

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably the $3k range. $1k for the 2.7 and $2k for the auto.

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope you're wrong because the upgrade on the F-150 is just a little over 1k for the same combo upgrade
The F150 upgrade is engine only, there are no manual F150's anymore.

Sponsored

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The F150 upgrade is engine only, there are no manual F150's anymore.
So that would be akin to the Outer Banks trim, where the auto is mandatory and you only have the option to bump up from 4 cylinder to V6. Which is exactly what I'm doing, mostly for the power, but also to get the additional port injection, where the I4 is direct injection only.

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So that would be akin to the Outer Banks trim, where the auto is mandatory and you only have the option to bump up from 4 cylinder to V6. Which is exactly what I'm doing, mostly for the power, but also to get the additional port injection, where the I4 is direct injection only.
Logical, unless there is a bronco tax in there too. Jeep loves to do that to people also. The aux switches in a wrangler are about $400 more than they are in the gladiator...

Illini_STL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Auto upgrade will be approx. $2205. Base 4 door comes with auto. Base 2 door does not. Price difference to upgrade from 2 to 4 door is $2495 across BB, BD, and OBX. Price difference between base 2 and 4 door is $4700. Additional $2205 I would assume is due to standard auto.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Auto upgrade will be approx. $2205. Base 4 door comes with auto. Base 2 door does not. Price difference to upgrade from 2 to 4 door is $2495 across BB, BD, and OBX. Price difference between base 2 and 4 door is $4700. Additional $2205 I would assume is due to standard auto.
Now this is logical and I'll figure this in to my calcs for the BD/BL debate I have going on. Thanks!

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought about that as well, but I like the BD. If I decided to upgrade to OB for the standard auto tranny then the price jumps above 3k and I lose on the interior options, better bumpers, skid plates and aux switch from the BD. I would then have to think how much more I would have to pay to get some of those options in the OB with the price hike of 3k already added compared to BD. Decisions decisions

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am thinking the cost of upgrading the 2.3L EcoBoost® engine 7-speed manual transmission with crawler gear to the 2.7L EcoBoost engine (requires 10-speed automatic) 10-speed automatic transmission with Trail Control will be about $6K ($2K for the Ecoboost engine; $4K for the transmission).

This is just a guesstimate. Am I way off here?

What are your thoughts on the costs to upgrade other things like hard top, wheels, and other features NOT in a package?
The auto isn't going to be $4k or it would negate the Big Bend models relevance. The vast majority will buy auto. With price difference between Big Bend and Outer Banks why would I buy an auto Big Bend when for near the same price I can get an auto as standard Outer Banks that also comes standard with Mid package and other nice features?

The auto will be $2k max and the 2.7/auto will be $3k max. I personally think $2500 for both.
Sponsored

Last edited: