First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He likes cows. Let the man be and let him rub his leather.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Leather.

grapesie13

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved a WT but ordered a BL.

I had leather in both my Rubicon’s and and wheeled them everywhere from local to the Rubicon trail with no issues.

We will definitely be wheeling the Bronco too and I chose leather in my BL because:
- I do want the carpet as it will likely be quieter than wash out (and the drain plugs ARE under the carpet if I need them),
- I feel the carpet floors provide a nicer look as this is not just an off road only rig,
- I do want the power seats,
- I want black colored seats and although the MGV is called ‘black onyx‘, it is really grey in color whereas the leather is black,
- I have seen and touched both the leather and MGV in a Bronco at Super Cel East and the leather is thicker than the MGV and we have a large dog and I feel it will hold up better over time (have Ford leather now in my Edge and zero issues),
-Oh and I also want the cup holders in the back.

That’s why leather in my Badlands.

Almost exact same scenario for me. Reserved TW, ordered BL sasquatch. Coming from a 2019 Rubicon, I want the combo of my vehicle being able to go wherever the hell I want to go with it, but leather/power/every luxury option I can get. That's the beauty in these for me, don't have to give up one to get the other. I took my Jeep everywhere, and never had a need for the washout...carpet with the WeatherTech mats was perfect.

On the WT -> BL conversion...I could get past the seats in the WT, but hated the dash going with it. Being able to get all of the same options plus the sway disconnect (yes, I know some are divided on this, but I used it in the Jeep), and the black interior was a pretty easy decision.

IamtheBruce

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer, 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Almost exact same scenario for me. Reserved TW, ordered BL sasquatch. Coming from a 2019 Rubicon, I want the combo of my vehicle being able to go wherever the hell I want to go with it, but leather/power/every luxury option I can get. That's the beauty in these for me, don't have to give up one to get the other. I took my Jeep everywhere, and never had a need for the washout...carpet with the WeatherTech mats was perfect.

On the WT -> BL conversion...I could get past the seats in the WT, but hated the dash going with it. Being able to get all of the same options plus the sway disconnect (yes, I know some are divided on this, but I used it in the Jeep), and the black interior was a pretty easy decision.
That WT interior is hideous. I talked to the dealer about getting them to make me black leather or MGV seats (this dealer does some really nice work). Price seemed reasonable until I realized there was nothing I could do about the dash. Red Badsquatch 4dr order is in.

FoCoBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, X3, MDX, Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Started out Wildtrak LUX, over several months I began to hate the Sandstone Interior. Was then leaning OBX LUX Squatch with Roast Leather interior based on Ford interior website depiction because it was handsome and I always wanted a truck/car with baseball glove leather. Then, I saw it in the wild..... I want to thank this site because someone posted the actual Roast Interior and it looks totally different, dash has a metallic bronzy vibe that actually clashes with the leather. So then I freaked and went with the baddest vehicle not named First Edition. Decided on Badlands, fully loaded. I did lose my brush bar and step rails but the interior with black leather and orange stitching is simple yet really cool and I don't have to worry about how it's going to look. Not to mention The vehicle itself is the best for off-roading and I think it will keep it's value really well. $61,800 MSRP. Really happy with my order! Anyone else have a similar back and forth decision process?
similar story- I reserved OB and then upgraded to BL Lux non Sas as I like the 33s. And exactly same thoughts on interior as you. I'm at $60,500 msrp

Sponsored
OP
OP
jroudebu

jroudebu

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That WT interior is hideous. I talked to the dealer about getting them to make me black leather or MGV seats (this dealer does some really nice work). Price seemed reasonable until I realized there was nothing I could do about the dash. Red Badsquatch 4dr order is in.

Love hearing these stories. Thanks for sharing.

IamtheBruce

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer, 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love hearing these stories. Thanks for sharing.
It's nuts, and I hope I'm not disappointed that I don't want to wait for 2022. You in essence need to choose your seats, and then find the models that have them. Want black interior with the High or Lux package? You're getting a Badlands. Don't like sandstone panels on your seats and dash? No Wildtrak for you.

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Similar story for me. Wanted a FE but missed out. I ordered a WT, but as soon as those interior options came out, i was devastated! So, I will be using my BL's new swaybar disconnect to go over mall parking lot medians like a BOSS!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Started out Wildtrak LUX, over several months I began to hate the Sandstone Interior. Was then leaning OBX LUX Squatch with Roast Leather interior based on Ford interior website depiction because it was handsome and I always wanted a truck/car with baseball glove leather. Then, I saw it in the wild..... I want to thank this site because someone posted the actual Roast Interior and it looks totally different, dash has a metallic bronzy vibe that actually clashes with the leather. So then I freaked and went with the baddest vehicle not named First Edition. Decided on Badlands, fully loaded. I did lose my brush bar and step rails but the interior with black leather and orange stitching is simple yet really cool and I don't have to worry about how it's going to look. Not to mention The vehicle itself is the best for off-roading and I think it will keep it's value really well. $61,800 MSRP. Really happy with my order! Anyone else have a similar back and forth decision process?
Yes. Orange vs Area 51. But the leather Roast Onyx OBX I have has the tan dash, not the gray. I think you have wrong info. But i like your build!
Sponsored