ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep WRangler JK Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went thru the exact process, reserved a WT, hated the interior, even with the blue accents and my exterior VB choice. then decided on outer banks for the same reasons as you, but it didnt sit right with me. Finally settled on the badlands MGV with orange stitching, with VB exterior. If i have to look like a Mets fan, at least itll be in sick Bronco.
Sponsored

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very well.

@beachman101
Ok, I hate to be the bearer of some crazy news but...

most people who buy a Bronco, even a Badlands... will never use it offroad.
They like the idea of it and the look of it, but you won't catch them dead out there in their 60k+ rig scratching up their paint job.
I know what you may be feeling at this moment, but I assure you it will be ok.
Plus, just think of all the ladies that will flock to that badlands when he hits that sway-disco on mall curb!

Seriously... 99% of Rubicons are not on the trails 24/7. I'm getting a badlands because I like to trail-ride, but hell its also my DD and I damn well better be comfy in my daily. I'm not getting leather but to each his own, and everyone's personal reason for their purchase is as valid as anyone's reason(s) for a purchase.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been BadSquatch with the V6 since reveal night. I may have flirted with the other trims but stayed married to my original choice.

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@beachman101
most people who buy a Bronco, even a Badlands... will never use it offroad.
They like the idea of it and the look of it, but you won't catch them dead out there in their 60k+ rig scratching up their paint job.
I know what you may be feeling at this moment, but I assure you it will be ok.
Hey, that's ME!!

Reserved a Wildtrak, then Ford revealed that model's ridiculous interior. Last month I ordered a VB Badsquatch.

At my age and physical issues I'll probably never get to really off-road it. But I have a suspicion that the Adv 4x4 and sway disco will come in handy at my local KFC. The left you have to make to exit is gnarly!

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey, that's ME!!

Reserved a Wildtrak, then Ford revealed that model's ridiculous interior. Last month I ordered a VB Badsquatch.

At my age and physical issues I'll probably never get to really off-road it. But I have a suspicion that the Adv 4x4 and sway disco will come in handy at my local KFC. The left you have to make to exit is gnarly!
We have a really narrow Burger King drive-thru around here, so I know what you're talking about. And, bonus, if you have to hop the curb in case of emergency or extended cook time on that Whopper, you just might have the ground clearance for it.

Sponsored

asurfer11

Badlands
First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 africa twin
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, I initially reserved for a BD but ordered a 2DR Badlands manual 2.3 with the mid pkg. Price difference from BD to BL, to me wasn't that big. The extra cost for the standard Bilsteins and signature headlights is worth it plus the mid pkg includes downloadable off road maps via Ford pass, which appears to be an awesome feature once it is available.

It took me a while to decide. I ordered last week. Hope it is delivered by August????

Last edited:

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It’s leather trim, right? Not dropping $60k for vinyl. To each their own.
Noticed the join date of March '21, so I'll post what they were all alluding to:

Picking up leather on the Badlands removes the washout floors and replaces them with carpet. If you already knew that and wanted the leather anyway, awesome dude, do you. I'm not a fan of MGV either and I can't stand the heat from leather so I'm just going to drop in some weathertech mats on a cloth WT.

IamtheBruce

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer, 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Noticed the join date of March '21, so I'll post what they were all alluding to:

Picking up leather on the Badlands removes the washout floors and replaces them with carpet. If you already knew that and wanted the leather anyway, awesome dude, do you. I'm not a fan of MGV either and I can't stand the heat from leather so I'm just going to drop in some weathertech mats on a cloth WT.
Ugh. And I thought that went away. Late join to the forum but I've been reading for months. Didn't seem there was any reason to join the rampant speculation.

I ordered leather seats in a Badlands to get power seats. Now you tell me washout floors are gone. Configurator didn't say that so I thought Ford had finally done it right.

OP, I reserved an OB, couldn't stand the interior colors -- might have been okay with Navy Pier with Antimatter Blue, but once I saw how sparkly it was in real life I couldn't do it. Thought seriously about a Wildtrak but finally couldn't stomach either interior. FInally arrived at the build i really wanted, a non-Squatch red Badlands for occasional desert offroading and a lot of trips to the beach. Got leather seats because I've had power seats in every rig since my built '79 Blazer. And now this. Unbelievable. Might finally cancel and wait to see how they all look in person. And for Ford to fix the interior options.

Sponsored

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Started out Wildtrak LUX, over several months I began to hate the Sandstone Interior. Was then leaning OBX LUX Squatch with Roast Leather interior based on Ford interior website depiction because it was handsome and I always wanted a truck/car with baseball glove leather. Then, I saw it in the wild..... I want to thank this site because someone posted the actual Roast Interior and it looks totally different, dash has a metallic bronzy vibe that actually clashes with the leather. So then I freaked and went with the baddest vehicle not named First Edition. Decided on Badlands, fully loaded. I did lose my brush bar and step rails but the interior with black leather and orange stitching is simple yet really cool and I don't have to worry about how it's going to look. Not to mention The vehicle itself is the best for off-roading and I think it will keep it's value really well. $61,800 MSRP. Really happy with my order! Anyone else have a similar back and forth decision process?
You went through a very similar thought process as I did and ended up at the same conclusion. I ended up with the BL, 2.7, LUX and MGV interior because I wanted the washout floors and durability of the MGV versus leather. I actually think the Badlands is better and cheaper than the First Edition minus the sport mode on the FE. I have both on order though :)

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
One thing preventing this from holding a decent resale value is reliability. If they end up having runner reliability people want them now and later on in the used market. If they send to be like Defenders. No one will buy them used. So their values will tank.
Which is why I'm leasing mine .. no issues and I can buy the next gen or make a good offer for the one I have.

IamtheBruce

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer, 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And one more gripe:

When the dealer rep tried to convert the order, 17" non Squatch wheel upgrade is not available with the Lux package. Ridiculous.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I reserved a WT but ordered a BL.

why would you put leather in the badlands my dude
I had leather in both my Rubicon’s and and wheeled them everywhere from local to the Rubicon trail with no issues.

We will definitely be wheeling the Bronco too and I chose leather in my BL because:
- I do want the carpet as it will likely be quieter than wash out (and the drain plugs ARE under the carpet if I need them),
- I feel the carpet floors provide a nicer look as this is not just an off road only rig,
- I do want the power seats,
- I want black colored seats and although the MGV is called ‘black onyx‘, it is really grey in color whereas the leather is black,
- I have seen and touched both the leather and MGV in a Bronco at Super Cel East and the leather is thicker than the MGV and we have a large dog and I feel it will hold up better over time (have Ford leather now in my Edge and zero issues),
-Oh and I also want the cup holders in the back.

That’s why leather in my Badlands.

OP
OP
jroudebu

jroudebu

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t plan on getting my Bang and Olfsen
I reserved a WT but ordered a BL.

I had leather in both my Rubicon’s and and wheeled them everywhere from local to the Rubicon trail with no issues.

We will definitely be wheeling the Bronco too and I chose leather in my BL because:
- I do want the carpet as it will likely be quieter than wash out (and the drain plugs ARE under the carpet if I need them),
- I feel the carpet floors provide a nicer look as this is not just an off road only rig,
- I do want the power seats,
- I want black colored seats and although the MGV is called ‘black onyx‘, it is really grey in color whereas the leather is black,
- I have seen and touched both the leather and MGV in a Bronco at Super Cel East and the leather is thicker than the MGV and we have a large dog and I feel it will hold up better over time (have Ford leather now in my Edge and zero issues),
-Oh and I also want the cup holders in the back.

That’s why leather in my Badlands.
☝🏻 What he said 🗣
Sponsored