Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And I would say YOU go buy a horse if you don’t like the risk involved in motorized travel.
Sponsored

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

TL;DR = Missing crash bar resulted in my 2019 Ranger being unnecessarily totaled. If you need to make room for tires, I HIGHLY recommend replacing them with offset crash bars.

FabTech Offset Intrusion Beams

Explanation: Had one of mine out, while I did some fitment of the FabTech offset crash bars on my 2019 Ranger. Just happened to get into a forward front corner collision on that side. The impact wasn’t super significant- didn’t even wake the baby sleeping in the back seat- but with the crash bar out, it was enough to push the wheel/hub/steering knuckle inward. That inward force on the upper control arm caused it to irreparably tweak the strut tower. Would have required frame replacement, so my truck was totaled by insurance.

With the crash bar in, it would have been a bit of minor body work and paint.

Just a cautionary tale, provided at my own great expense.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if I can add some spikes in them and go all Road Warrior on the trails.
Spinning blades will keep the pinstriping to a minimum!

OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah its not the prettiest, but if it will help protect me in a crash I'm all for it.
A steel safety cage would help. 50 mph Top speed limiter would help. 45 would be better. 40 even better. Where do you stop?
This all started when govt mandated fuel efficiency standards forced car makers to build smaller, lighter vehicles that made them burn less fuel in order to meet those standards. The smaller, lighter vehicles were less safe in accidents. So then the govt said they have to add this safety feature, and that one and that one. That adds weight back, and huge costs. If the gov had stayed out of it, and left everything alone, advances in the the ICE and other forms of propulsion would have taken care of the efficency, cars could still be made out of steel, safety wouldn’t have been compromised and current cars would still be safe and efficient but less complex, and therefore more reliable and a heck of a lot CHEAPER.

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So this is yet another thing that the federal government is FORCING manufacturers to add to their vehicles, further driving up the price, adding weight, and by the end of the day, offsetting any gains to efficiency made by the other stupid things like "Auto Start/Stop".

But luckily, from these pics, it looks like they can be unbolted and removed, which I will be doing on Day 1. Although it also looks like there will be a rear "receiver" left which is welded to the frame. Looks like I may have to cut that off depending on how obtrusive it is.

2021 Bronco production line factory 4.jpg

2021 Bronco production line factory 6.jpg
At least the Broncos aren't wearing masks..yet. I f'ing HATE the auto start/stop feature. I disable it EVERY TIME I jump in my F•150. I wish you could choose what the default setting was so you could have the 'feature' if you wanted it vs. making you disable it every f'ing time you jump in your rig which I'm guessing 95% of drivers do.

Sponsored

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A steel safety cage would help. 50 mph Top speed limiter would help. 45 would be better. 40 even better. Where do you stop?
This all started when govt mandated fuel efficiency standards forced car makers to build smaller, lighter vehicles that made them burn less fuel in order to meet those standards. The smaller, lighter vehicles were less safe in accidents. So then the govt said they have to add this safety feature, and that one and that one. That adds weight back, and huge costs. If the gov had stayed out of it, and left everything alone, advances in the the ICE and other forms of propulsion would have taken care of the efficency, cars could still be made out of steel, safety wouldn’t have been compromised and current cars would still be safe and efficient but less complex, and therefore more reliable and a heck of a lot CHEAPER.
Amen, brother!! Government needs to stay out of everything IMHO. ??

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At least the Broncos aren't wearing masks..yet. I f'ing HATE the auto start/stop feature. I disable it EVERY TIME I jump in my F•150. I wish you could choose what the default setting was so you could have the 'feature' if you wanted it vs. making you disable it every f'ing time you jump in your rig which I'm guessing 95% of drivers do.
https://www.autostopeliminator.com/

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I won't act like government overeach is not a thing, but In this instance, it's keeping us safer. We will agree to disagree. :)

Last edited:

Danger Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 GMC Sierra 1500HD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I better not get a Bronco. If I did, I could die. Actually I better not drive anything ever again. I could get in a wreck and kill myself, or someone else. I better just buy a bubble and lock myself in my home and never leave. That way there’s no chance I could die in a car accident. But then a tree could fall on my house and kill me. I better cut down the trees around my house. But then I’d die from global climate warming. So I guess I better build a bunker and live in there. But I’ll make sure to wear two masks so I don’t catch a virus that, by itself, kills fewer people than the seasonal flu. It’s unbelievable how pussified this country has become.
Jesus what a stupid, shitty take. You can't just equate highly uneven odds on things. Your odds of dying in a car crash of a 1990s Toyota are astronomically higher than dying the same crash in a 2021 Ford. The odds of you dying in a car crash are WAY fucking higher than of you dying because a tree fell on your home, and the odds are worse if your car is shitty in crashes. Covid19 has already killed WAY more people than the flu's annual standard. To date, that's 265,000. The flu is estimated on the absolute highest end to kill 61,000 Americans per year. That 265K is likely a lowball anyhow, given that (as of October), the USA had seen over 300K excess deaths from previous yearly totals. No, cars with a steel cage are not safer in crashes, crumple zones are a thing for a reason (you really are showing how completely ignorant you are on a multitude of topics).Not a single point of logic you posted holds a single ounce of water; nothing you said is remotely close to a cogent argument or compelling point.

Basically dude, stop acting like a petulent child, spouting dumb bullshit and mis-representing information. Just tell the damn truth about yourself that everyone else can already see: you don't care about safety regulations because you'd rather look cool and manly, safety and livelihood of yourself and others be damned. It's not hard to admit.

If I get banned for this post, it's worth it. Your comment was just that stupid.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just buy one of these and you're done. I'll be getting one for the Bronco, when they're available.

https://www.rangetechnology.com/products/start-stop_disabler/ford/

Sponsored

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take a chill pill. Some people want the safety features.

OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
God bless you and your family that you may all live long and prosper.

I had heard about this but hadn’t looked for it yet. Now it’s permanently seared into my brain and I know that little flaw on the Bronco can be easily rectified.

Combine this with the fact that I can unbolt the majority of the crash bars without having to cut anything and that will probably suffice.

Crisis averted.

Now I can go back to my regularly scheduled programming of deliberating color choices.

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Removing safety devices increases the chances of serious injury, which increases everyone’s insurance costs.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jesus what a stupid, shitty take. You can't just equate highly uneven odds on things. Your odds of dying in a car crash of a 1990s Toyota are astronomically higher than dying the same crash in a 2021 Ford. The odds of you dying in a car crash are WAY fucking higher than of you dying because a tree fell on your home, and the odds are worse if your car is shitty in crashes. Covid19 has already killed WAY more people than the flu's annual standard. To date, that's 265,000. The flu is estimated on the absolute highest end to kill 61,000 Americans per year. That 265K is likely a lowball anyhow, given that (as of October), the USA had seen over 300K excess deaths from previous yearly totals. No, cars with a steel cage are not safer in crashes, crumple zones are a thing for a reason (you really are showing how completely ignorant you are on a multitude of topics).Not a single point of logic you posted holds a single ounce of water; nothing you said is remotely close to a cogent argument or compelling point.

Basically dude, stop acting like a petulent child, spouting dumb bullshit and mis-representing information. Just tell the damn truth about yourself that everyone else can already see: you don't care about safety regulations because you'd rather look cool and manly, safety and livelihood of yourself and others be damned. It's not hard to admit.

If I get banned for this post, it's worth it. Your comment was just that stupid.
Best

Ever
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.