Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, I just had to chime in...
Ford Bronco Crashed Mine... 45mph T-Bone [Updated w/ Photos] TisButA Scratch

Maybe you can get someone to 'Buff it out?' lol - good luck!
Sponsored

OP
OP
TX-Dennis

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My son drove me to the wrecking yard today to get my belongings out of the Bronco. He shot a few quick pics of the damage. Insurance company wants to tow it to their yard to evaluate the damage. I told them to go ahead.

IMG-20240103-151333.jpg

IMG-20240103-151434.jpg

IMG-20240103-151411.jpg

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, sorry to read this, glad you were able to walk away without major injuries. Ford Tuff is a moniker, but it is true. Ford vehicles hold up in crashes.

Looking at your damage, I will say the vehicle did its job.

Rhinomanj

Raptor
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Isn't this the 3rd Toyota vs Ford wreck posted in the last few weeks? All with similar results... Owners all walked away, Thankfully!

THE Buckeye Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW M4 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My son drove me to the wrecking yard today to get my belongings out of the Bronco. He shot a few quick pics of the damage. Insurance company wants to tow it to their yard to evaluate the damage. I told them to go ahead.

Ford Bronco Crashed Mine... 45mph T-Bone [Updated w/ Photos] IMG-20240103-151411

Ford Bronco Crashed Mine... 45mph T-Bone [Updated w/ Photos] IMG-20240103-151411

Just glad you are OK!! Hopefully you'll get another Race Red one. There aren't enough of us around.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TX-Dennis

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just glad you are OK!! Hopefully you'll get another Race Red one. There aren't enough of us around.
I bought off the lot rather than ordering. I took the race red reluctantly at first, but it has grown on me over the last 10 months. I had told them I'd look at anything that had a hard top and wasn't green. This was the second one they came up with. First was a cyber orange that was a bit too expensive for my taste.

JarheadE5

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yesterday I crashed (probably totalled) my Bronco. A Toyota truck ran a red light, and I t-boned him hard. Probably 45mph. Airbag deployed. Front end basically gone. Coolant on the ground. And to top it all of I took a ride in an ambulance for severe chest pain that turned out to be a fractured sternum.

I made fun of my wife for getting emotionally attached to her vehicles. I never have - until now. Found myself tearing up a bit at the thought of losing my Bronco. I'm in a good deal of pain. Was in too much pain to take photos yesterday, but it's ugly

Now just waiting to hear from insurance.
Glad you are upright.
Injury due to bag deployment? Get well soon. Lots of options bronco wise out there. Kind of surprised. Saw an outerbanks loaded 10k miles for 60k digressing here. Get well!

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Glad you are upright.
Injury due to bag deployment? Get well soon. Lots of options bronco wise out there. Kind of surprised. Saw an outerbanks loaded 10k miles for 60k digressing here. Get well!
"Injury due to air bag" no, I think it was the cars colliding

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yesterday I crashed (probably totalled) my Bronco. A Toyota truck ran a red light, and I t-boned him hard. Probably 45mph. Airbag deployed. Front end basically gone. Coolant on the ground. And to top it all of I took a ride in an ambulance for severe chest pain that turned out to be a fractured sternum.

I made fun of my wife for getting emotionally attached to her vehicles. I never have - until now. Found myself tearing up a bit at the thought of losing my Bronco. I'm in a good deal of pain. Was in too much pain to take photos yesterday, but it's ugly

Now just waiting to hear from insurance.

1/3/24 UPDATE:

img-20240103-151333-jpg.jpg

img-20240103-151434-jpg.jpg

img-20240103-151411-jpg.jpg
🙏🙏

Sponsored

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Glad you're okay! And, sorry that you're likely losing the Bronco. I know it's odd to identify multiple positives, however, it' good that you were in such tough vehicle.

Best in getting well and another cool ride!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So sorry and hope you recover quickly. That injury sounds painful!

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good to see you're doing okay. I know what it's like to get attached to a vehicle, so possibly good news, that Bronco might not get totaled out, actually. Even as a base model, it really just depends on how badly the frame got tweaked and whether the drivetrain is still serviceable. The visible damage doesn't look all that bad, mostly body panels and supports, weld in some new frame caps, no damage to the a-arms it would appear. Coolant means very little as far as damage goes, even minor stuff like a deer can damage the radiator because there's really nothing protecting it. Not many modules and wiring harnesses to deal with in that area for a base, so the biggest expense will likely be body repair and airbags.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad you’re OK, most important thing👍 I’d push for it being totaled as the damage looks fairly significant and (personally) I wouldn’t want to keep a vehicle with such a significant rebuild, never the same. Had a 2005 F-150 (12k miles)that had front end damage and never drove the same. Turns out the frame was bent and body shop ignored it. Also, if you do end up having it rebuilt, be sure and hit your insurance co up for “diminished value” payment as once your vin is tied into the accident and repairs the resell value will be compromised. Wishing you all the best!

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cars are replaceable and it did its job of protecting you. I know what you mean though, I teared when my wife wrecked mine
Sponsored